Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    LL Debenhams are now using the lighting designers previously used by BHS ;)

I thought I had heard that. Probably from you, but wasn't sure.....:rotfl:

Sail next Monday. Wahoo.

Time to get ready to go out. Well nothing fancy, it's ony the cinema. Will take a wrap or shawl for my knees, they tend to whack up the air con and it can be cold.

Btw. Lost 1.5 lbs this week. :D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm loving all the home fabbing. I don't have much of a clue when it comes to homewares, so it's great for me to get some inspiration.

We popped to Lidl today and I bought a jumper from their collaboration with Heidi Klum. I thought everything would have sold out, as when my Lidl sells clothes, they normally go really quickly. The jumper was 100% cotton, so I snapped it up. I'll wear it to work when it gets cold.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am fighting through the pain to go to work each day, but it is frustrating that I am not able to lead a normal life yet.

I loved all of the action and the comedy in Kingsland: The Golden Circle on Saturday and so did my daughter, my son and my grandson. We all had a really great time watching this film at Vue Piccadilly.

I went to Reggaoke at The Ritzy in Brixton for the 1st time in the evening by myself and had a fantastic evening. It is only a short distance from me by bus, so overall it was a really economical night out for me. I plan to return to the next Reggaoke event on the 7th October.

I had my flu jab today and a blood pressure check. Hopefully the flu jab will do it's job over the Autumn and Winter months, as I can not afford to get a cold or the flu with my existing health issues.
  • chanie
    Options
    The fact that you drag yourself to work shows what a good worth ethic you have, sugar. Raggaoke sound like fun. OH is a Brixton boy, I must ask him if he's been to Ritzys.

I've been on an online ordering spree these past few days and my packages have already stated to arrivel (mainly house type products).
    Today, I received some earring backs for DD. She is only allowed studs for school, but looses them quite frequently. I bought some special backs which are supposed to lock in place. They were £10 on Amazon, but half that on EBay. I hope they work!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to read that you are having to deal with pain every day Sugarbaby, can only reiterate what Chanie wisely said on your work ethic.

:j on the weight loss LL

I am gradually settling into a new routine now that the lovely Lulu is in my life, had tentative plans to find a part-time job once summer had finished but at this rate not sure will have the time! One thing I don't really want to do is go back into a corporate environment, had far too much of that in years gone past so needs a lot of thought. Although, with careful management, we can afford to live on what DOH earns it goes against the grain for me not to contribute to the house, also have my pension to think about.....
    Have started making a small list of things the house needs going into the colder months, a good stash of candles for a start, spare lightbulbs etc. There is a little decorating that would be good to get done, see no time for work :)
    Have also identified a small need in my day to day wardrobe, it's when I get home from the yard and need to change out of jeans/jodhpurs etc but certainly don't want to be putting my pjs on with evening meal to cook. Think I need something comfy to wear in the house so have ordered a couple of legging type bottoms and two slouchy cotton type jumpers, I can always add warm socks and vests when it gets colder. Ordered it all in the Esprit clearance so not too much damage to the bank balance.
    Right, have washing to go out, love to all x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like to wear leggings about the house too Lainey. I bought a couple of pairs specially as I like to feel smart and comfortable even when I'm not going anywhere. I'm happy to nip to the shop or the post box in them too although that's about as far as it (or they) goes.:)

I've found a bit of a gap too. I'm OK for tee shirts and probably for jumpers when it gets cold but round the house I could do with either some thicker long sleeved tops or similar. I was conscious of it last week when I was cold.:( I ended up wearing a very comfy old cardi that's definitely seen better days.

I agree with LL about thermals for cold weather too. I worked for years in a building with carp heating. It was hot air blowing onto heads that never really reached your feet or warmed the place up much, not helped by an open plan layout. Also it was necessary to look smart and not muffled up in thick jumpers etc. so I always wore a long sleeved thermal vest as an extra layer.

Just looked and it's in the high to mid 20s and sunny in Lisbon next week LL. Lucky you! I expect you're getting ready for our cruise so pack the sun cream:D.

I'm going to a dance on Saturday which is fairly dressy. I'm planning to wear a long floaty black chiffon skirt with a dark green satin top. The top was a £1 buy in the CS from Top Shop;). It's sleeveless with a black zip down the back. I do have a full length black ball gown which I love but I think it might be too long with my flat dancing shoes. I don't want to be tripping over!

I had hoped to have my hair done. My fringe is far too long but I really need highlights done too. It's looking dirty blonde as it's faded in the sun and darker roots coming through, so I could do with some of the coppery streaks as well. That appointment would take longer than the time I have on Saturday so it'll have to wait. I might even cut my fringe a bit myself.:eek:

This week seems to be disappearing fast. Most days I have something on that stops me just going into town and browsing a it. I'm hoping to try for Friday as I really want to get new glasses but it'll be an expensive buy so I want plenty of time to make up my mind. The other thing I want to do is make a chiropody appointment. I've decided that I'll do what I've done this year. Chiropody in the winter and pedicures in the summer to keep my feet in good condition and looking fab. And I want to use one of my Groupon vouchers for a massage. Next week's diary looks calmer so I think I'll start a list and work through.

Sorry today's post is full of me, me, me.:o Love to all.:)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Maman have you tried any of the enhancing shampoo & conditioners for blondes? I use Touch of Silver to perk up my highlights - https://www.touch-of-silver.co.uk
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Maman have you tried any of the enhancing shampoo & conditioners for blondes? I use Touch of Silver to perk up my highlights - www.touch-of-silver.co.uk

Yes, thanks floss, that's exactly what I am using at the moment. I alternate between that and the John Frieda blonde stuff. I think it's just that while I like being blonde for the summer I prefer a bit of a warmer colour (so extra chestnut/copper streaks) when the tan on my face fades.:(:cry:
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Thank you Chanie and Lainey. I need to be earning again and I was raised by my parents to do the best job that I am able to do and to be hard working. Some people think is old fashioned to have a great work ethic. ;)

There are days like yesterday when I am in so much pain, despite taking painkillers that it is hard to drag myself to work. :( Working hard distracts me from the pain. :) It also ensures that I am not getting any complaints about my work, in fact I am getting compliments from the teachers and the other non teaching staff, which is gratifying. :D

Still no joy with Lambeth Council. I had to spend a lot of time this morning trying to get through to someone in their call centre to get my dispute escalated as no action has been taken. I was astonished to find I now have to wait up to another 20 days for action to be taken. I kept on being cut off whenever I got through to the call centre, so it took 5 phone calls before I was successful and almost 25 minutes of redialing. I have no choice but to continue to be patient. :(

I went to see Dreamgirls at the Savoy Theatre on Tuesday evening. It was such an entertaining, dazzling, energetic show. :j I absolutely loved it. :D I had bought my ticket for half price, so I was in the 3rd row from the stage and had a perfect view of all of the action. Dreamgirls is one of my all time favourite films, but the stage show still felt fresh. I would recommend this show to anyone as they would not be disappointed.
  • chanie
    Options
    I hope your Local Authority concludes your matter quickly, Sugar.

Lainey and Maman I've also identified a gap in my wardrobe for loungewear. As 'winter is coming' (GOT reference) I really want to be feel warm and snug. I bought a pair of long sleeve PJs recently, which I can change into when I get in from work, but I want something for the weekends. Ive just eyed up some fleece lined joggers in Uniqlo, which I'm interested in, but I'll wait until they are on offer....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure