Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies...

SUgarbaby so sorry to hear you are still in a lot of pain. Have you considered asking for a referral to a pain management clinic. But I think you are right to try and “work through it” as much as you can.

I don’t know whether it’s considered old fashioned or not but I do have a strong work ethic. I enjoy work, whether it’s paid or not. I believe humans need a purpose in life, and I believe that a work ethic serves that sense of purpose. It shapes our character and determines our destinies.

I had great role models. My parents were hard working as was my beloved Aunty S, they taught me well. It was their work ethic which helped them not just to survive but thrive through the 30s depression and the privations of the war years. Aunty S was left a destitute widow with three babies under the age of 3 but through sheer hard work and willpower she changed her stars and ended up as quite the “woman of substance”.

My husband worked like a demon. He loved his work. He worked hard but always remembered to play hard. In my turn I have tried to teach my children the value of work. Both my boys have strong work ethics as do their lovely womenfolk. I am proud of what they have become. I have passed the torch and I can rest easy.

My Watch is Ended . (Another GOT reference). :rotfl:

A beautiful day here. I’m off out to lunch with my neighbour. We are going to visit the local marina, lots of nice shops, cafes and restaurants and it’s a perfect day to make the most of it.

Will look at the boats and dream.......:rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am talking to Wayne again but it is different, as we are trying to be friends as opposed to partners. I did not want to have the drama of resuming our relationship, as I have my own issues to deal with and I do not want the added issue of being in a relationship at this time in my life.

I am going dancing this evening, so I will see Wayne this evening and I am looking forward to dancing with him.

I am not getting more pain, but what is more irritating is that I have days when the painkillers are just not doing the job of reducing my pain to manageable levels. In reality, I should not have returned to work, but I was fed up of being at home and fed up with the reduction in my finances. I expect the pain to improve over the coming months. My expectation is that as my body becomes used to working again, my body will not ache and give me pain.

I am eating a much more healthier diet to help with my heart, my high blood pressure and my weight issues. I have finally lost my first 7 pounds in weight. :j I have a long journey to get to the kind of weight that will really benefit my health in a way that makes a real difference overall, but I will continue on my current path. :)

I am off to Reading tomorrow, for a Birthday family dinner for my 2 granddaughter's that are my elder son's daughter's. I am really looking forward to this event. :D I will get their cards written out and their presents wrapped later today.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss SUgarbaby. :rotfl: great job. And yes losing weight, eating healthily etc should help you control your pain levels.

Has your doctor tested your blood for inflammation markers. Inflammation causes pain and you can use various foods, herbs and spices to bring down inflammation levels. Just google, there’s lots of help out there.

Well fab Friday and it’s a wet one here. Very dark and gloomy too. I am going to brave the bus (it’s free and so much easier than the hassle of parking) and pop into the city centre. Pick up some Euro’s and buy a cheap watch. I broke my good one yesterday and won’t have time to get it fixed before I go away.....if indeed it can be fixed.

I shall treat myself to lunch out and have a nice little mooch round the shops.

Have a fab day.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had a very good evening with Wayne. He stayed by my side all evening and he was really attentive to my needs. :) I get tired so easily, so even though I can dance, I have to also do a lot of sitting down to pace myself.

We talked about my health issues and why it is so important for me to lose weight. He wants to be there for me, but there is not much he can do for me at this stage.

LL thanks for the information about inflammation. I have googled foods that are good for inflammation. I do need to speak to a Doctor in my surgery, but it will have to wait for 2 weeks until we are on half term. Then, I can make sure that I have the time to go into all of the issues that are still affecting my health and pain management with the Doctor.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies

Good to hear that you enjoyed your evening out Sugarbaby and :j on the weight loss, sending many positive thoughts your way.
    I received my parcel from Esprit yesterday and was very pleased with my purchases, I especially liked the dusky pink and cream striped jumper that had an attached cream vest underneath, it was very soft and cosy so will be the perfect thing to lounge around the house in, together with my leggings.
    After a cool, dull start it has turned into a beautiful day here in East Anglia with blue skies and sunshine. I have felt like doing a bit of baking this morning so have made a chocolate loaf cake and apple & blackcurrant crumble. The house smells wonderful at the moment!
    After lunch I will go over to the yard and spend the afternoon with my girlie, she is bringing me such joy my spirit is really lifted and feels so much lighter, it's been a very tough year after losing my darling Mum in January but am certainly feeling much more like my old self :)
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend, much love x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 September 2017 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your night out with Wayne sugarbaby. Maybe you'll have a far better relationship as friends. That's a good idea to make an appointment for half term. Then you'll be able to explain to the doctor how you've managed being back at work for a long stretch.

:T on the half stone weightloss so far. I know you've done it through healthier eating. As you know I'm a Slimming World convert. You might want to look at the sample 7 day menu plans to give you a framework. It's basically common sense in that you can eat as much healthy food as you like especially fruit and veg but keep things like cakes and pastry and crisps and sweets and fatty foods to an occasional treat.

I'm doing a bit of extra fabbing today. As I'm wearing a sleeveless top and no tights to the dance tonight I've done defuzzing as well as my usual creaming etc. after my shower this morning. I'm going to potter about today, do some batch cooking and listen to my team on the radio before going out tonight.

Tomorrow we've booked to see Victoria and Abdul. I watched the 'true' documentary version last night so it'll be interesting to see how it compares. I'm also interested to see how far they go with the ITV Victoria in coming seasons. They'll probably stop early in the reign, maybe when Albert dies?

Dry but dull here. I've changed the bed and bathroom towels but they could end up in the tumble drier.:)

Cross posted Lainey. Delighted to hear you're getting so much pleasure from your lovely girl. Enjoy your afternoon then you can come home and put your lovely new top on.:)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi fabbers,

Madman enjoy your dance and trip to the cinema.

Laine pleased your purchases are suitable. No doubt you’ll be the loungewear queen.

Sugar pleased you and Wayne can be friends. I hope that this is a good balance for you both.

The recent discussion about work was pretty apt for me this week. I ended up going into work on my day off. I didn’t have to go, but I think it’s always good to show commitment. Although I will get the time back, I was looking forward to having the day to myself. As it was, I went into work straight after the school run and the meeting was going strong when I left to pick up the children. My last few Fridays since the children have gone back to school have been busy with lots of errands, so I was looking forward to a leisurely stroll around town. Hopefully, I can do that next Friday.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

We all had such a lovely meal, with lots of animated conversation and present opening for my 2 granddaughters birthdays in Cosmo restaurant in Reading. There were 13 family members celebrating and it was such a happy, fun event. :j

My eldest son, paid for all of the travel cost for me, my grandson, my younger daughter and for my younger son's travel costs and for all of our food and drink, so it was a totally free celebration for us. :T

My 2 granddaughters felt really special when they opened their presents from me. :D They loved all of their presents. Luckily I had bought these presents earlier in the year, so my current financial issues did not have any impact on my ability to give presents to my 2 granddaughters.

Ladies, thank you for your good wishes on my weight loss and my friendship with Wayne.

Maman, I know all I need to about healthy eating, as at one point in my life, I was the Project Co-Ordinator for a Healthy eating Project for young women aged 13-30 years old. I just have a body that will not shift the pounds from healthy eating alone, I need to combine it with enough aerobic exercise to make a real difference. At the moment, I do not always have enough energy to do enough exercise daily but as my weight decreases and my energy levels rise, I will be able to do more exercise.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maman, I know all I need to about healthy eating, as at one point in my life, I was the Project Co-Ordinator for a Healthy eating Project for young women aged 13-30 years old. I just have a body that will not shift the pounds from healthy eating alone, I need to combine it with enough aerobic exercise to make a real difference. At the moment, I do not always have enough energy to do enough exercise daily but as my weight decreases and my energy levels rise, I will be able to do more exercise.

Wow! You are a lady of many hidden talents sugarbaby. I knew you'd been a nursery nurse but no idea about that one.:)

Apologies for trying to teach a grandmother.....:o Your son was very generous to all the family yesterday. What a kind thing to do.:)

Off to the cinema in an hour or so. It'll be smart casual and definitely flat shoes. We'll catch the bus into the city centre then we can both have a drink with our meal later. I think I'll wear my black jeans with my red long sleeved Reiss top and a short black jacket.

Had a great evening's dancing last night. I felt very smart in my £1 Top Shop top from the CS!:D

Bon Voyage for tomorrow LL. Do keep in touch. If you have wifi I'd love to drool over your adventures. Where do you sail from?:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 October 2017 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Hello ladies...

Just about packed and ready to go. We sail from Tilbury, have to be at Victoria by noon where they lay on a coach transfer.

So it’s from my house to the station by taxi, train to st Pancras and then taxi over to Victoria. Fairly straight forward. Technically I could get the underground across London but It’s so much easier by taxi, a bit extravagant perhaps but it’s worth it. Makes it less stressful....and easier on my back not having to trail the underground with heavy luggage.

I had a good trying on session and was very pleased to discover that several items now fit me that didn’t fit before, so I suddenly have several new outfits that have just been waiting for me to lose weight. Wahoo.

Especially one particular evening dress that has been hanging in my wardrobe, brand new with tags, for over a year now. (It was a Bargain too good to miss £279 reduced to £50.) A floor length champagne coloured heavy lace number, with a fishtail skirt. It will look very glamorous with my £4 charity shop cream fake fur wrap. :rotfl:

No one will ever suspect that I am such a bargain basement kind of gal. ;)

SUgarbaby....what a lovely treat for you all. Glad you had such a good time. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Enjoy the film Maman. I think you will. Dench is on top form with some great one liners. She’s still a very fine actor and they have given her a great script to work with. Loads of British acting stalwarts in there too. A case of spot the face.

I was really struggling to place the actor who plays Bertie. I didn’t realise who it was until the end credits came up. I won’t spoil it for anyone but suffice it to say he was brilliant. But it’s just one of those big films that the Brits do so well. Ravishing to look at and very witty.

There’s several good films in the pipeline for autumn this year. Quite a few treats coming up.

I am still recording films and stockpiling them for the winter. And I have a list I want DS2 to download for me. Last night I watched “My Cousin Vinny” - an oldie but goodie. I love a good courtroom drama and this one is both clever and very funny. One of my favourites.

Right time for a cuppa and a final tidy up before a nice relaxing bath and then a diy manicure. Did my tootsies last night. :D

Bye for now. Stay well and keep fabbing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure