Court on 3rd Jan over UK PCP parking fines

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
44 replies 1.6K views
1235»

Replies

• pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had a baby just before I got these tickets (which is why I was living there and using his pass to park there) so it was due to permit falling off the window and parking in disabled bay to run up and get something I forgot. I know the DVLA can fine for not changing address so a bit worried they will throw this back at me.

yes , ask to see the parking ticket , and look at the observed times , ask why UKPC did not follow their ATAs code of practice , and allow you some time , counsils allow this don,t they judge? (flashes eyebrows)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thanks papa golf I am a fish out of water. I hope the judge is sympathitic!!
  • I've read articles about them forging parking tickets as well. They are criminals themselves! I don't trust their tickets. It's like they left it so long on purpose I can't even remember any details!!
  • edited 31 December 2016 at 12:33AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2016 at 12:33AM
    Jenniflur wrote: »
    I've read articles about them forging parking tickets as well. They are criminals themselves! I don't trust their tickets. It's like they left it so long on purpose I can't even remember any details!!

Yes indeed:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-protect-consumers-from-debt-claims

These firms hope you have moved and miss the entire claim. That's why they are scraping the barrel all the time now, how common do you think this is - VERY! That's why the Government is taking an interest and has singled out parking firms.

But I've already showed you that and that's one of the pieces of evidence you need to be familiar with and take with you.
    Well I have just been told by my parnter we handed over the lease when we moved and they have the permit now (we haven't lived there for over a year now). Tickets are from Aug 2013-Feb 2014
    Obviously you did hand over the leasehold title but surely you can find proof of having bought it off-plan BEFORE 2013? Think outside the box, this needs paper evidence of primacy of contract (again, something you need to have read about and use).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals