IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pcn

Options
Hi
Just looking for some advice,just received a PCN from Civil enforcement.The details are we were witnesses to a road traffic accident and we followed the two cars involved to a nearby hotel, one of the cars has since been written off and the occupants of the car that caused the accident ran off so we stayed with the couple whose car had been hit and waited for the police to arrive so we could give statements.
Our reward was a PCN,do i ignore it/contact the hotel whose car park it was.
Regards:mad:

Comments

• Northlakes
    Options
    Contact the hotel in the first instance and don't ignore.
    Do not identify the driver.
    READ and understand the NEWBIES thread
    Send soft appeal as well to PPC to cover your tracks.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    also get the crime number for this incident too
  • Baggiestan
    Options
    Thank you for response,tried contacting hotel but duty manager not in till later so will try again later.
  • Baggiestan
    Options
    Thank you
    Have asked couple whose car was written off for crime number.
    Don't suppose they will send a PCN to the police car that was there as well:D
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Baggiestan wrote: »
    Thank you
    Have asked couple whose car was written off for crime number.
    Don't suppose they will send a PCN to the police car that was there as well:D

Was the ticket issued by a 'warden' or was it via CCTV?
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • Baggiestan
    Options
    i am assuming CCTV as we were on car on 10/12/2016 and PCN only arrived today.
  • Redx
    Options
    the fact that a police car was "on scene" and with a crime number can only help your case and I am sure the hotel will wish to get these cancelled, which is your best way to get this sorted

nip it in the bud, but gather evidence in case it goes to court
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Baggiestan wrote: »
    i am assuming CCTV as we were on car on 10/12/2016 and PCN only arrived today.

Well in that case they will have also clocked the police car which strengthens your case.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • Baggiestan
    Options
    Just spoken to the duty manager of the hotel who was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,all he kept repeating was that there are signs on the car park and that i would have to deal with the PCN company myself.:mad:
  • Redx
    edited 30 December 2016 at 4:25PM
    Options
    if they are part of a chain , complain in writing (or email) to their CEO and tell them that when the police attended and you were asked to remain on site then surely the circumstances warrant a cancellation due to exceptional unforeseen circumstances

remember , its the squeaky wheel that demands the oil that gets it

so you have to go in loud and hard and fight your case , dont be fobbed off

and yes appeal to CEL anyway , that is a given for any BPA member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills