Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope tomorrow is a good day for Bournemouth, today has been quite bad for Bristol :( Well done on your steps!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I went on the internet and printed out a walk in the forest we haven't done before. It's 7 miles it says ... suitable for prams and buggies it says (I thought it wouldn't be muddy if it was on tracks) ... off we set, luckily we bumped into another couple doing the same walk and for the first couple of miles everything was fine, then it rapidly turned into a farce - the instructions were ridiculous; "Follow the path for 200m then fork right and go up the hill". All good except the path had no deviations from it whatsoever for 500m and then just ran out, there were no signs of any forks or hills at all. This happened several times and at one point we all decided we'd had enough and found our way back to a road and got back from there. We had covered about half of the planned route and had actually walked 8 miles already. There was no chance a buggy could've done any of it, we were up to our ankles in mud regularly throughout, crossing streams, allsorts! Anyhow, having found the road again we stumble across a chippie and had a well deserved bag of chips and can of coke each (£6).

The dog is shattered and will need a bath as he is caked in mud. In good news though I have made up for yesterdays lack of walking - my fitbit is showing 20,002 so far for today :j :j

:rotfl: This sounds like 90% of the planned walks we have been on. We once got lost in some woods in Lincolnshire and then heard gunshots!
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Flo - Not sure whether you're a Rovers or City fan, although was a bad day for both. Yann Kermoghant got 2 for Reading near the end - he was one of very few players we let go when we got promoted to the PL, he's very good :)

Amy - We tend to stick to the same old routes but decided it would be nice to try somewhere new. Back to the same old next time ;)

I've just had a hot bath as I couldn't warm up, ds is asleep on his bed and I had to wake the dog up to go and get his dinner which is unheard of for him :o He's wolfed it down and is curled up on his blanket again now fast asleep.

My tesco order is due between 6-7, other than that I need to paint my nails, pack my bag for school and have some dinner :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a city fan, Tammy Abraham did us some good today, oh well, I'm at the football next weekend so maybe they can win that match for me :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Shopping is here, no substitutions and all put away. Pizza in the oven as I can't be bothered to cook a proper dinner tonight :o, £54 spent on food shopping, let's see if that's all for the week :)
  • Southern-Girl
    Options
    I love reading your diaries BenBen. Happy New Year to you and Ben and I hope everything goes smoothly for the new house.
    I curious? What made you decide that the house that was too small is now OK?

x
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Hi Southern Girl - it is still a tad on the small side, but the most important bit for me was feeling safe. The house is on an expensive (for the size of the house) estate, but it is somewhere I know well and I know I wouldn't ever worry about being in the house on my own there. I know it sounds daft, I could have a much bigger house somewhere else but I want the peace of mind of feeling safe.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Just realised today has been a nsd :j :j
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Just watched the most stressful game of footie for ages ... so so proud of my team xx
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Another nsd today :j :j I am ridiculously tired tonight though, have already had my bath and got pj's on and am thinking about getting into bed soon, I've got twitchy leg already so I know I'm supersleepy once I get that :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family