* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Thank you for your kind words about my Grandma.

We'll be off down south for her funeral week after next. The day after we'll be at her brother's funeral. He died the day before her. And her sister died in december. It's very odd and sad how they've all gone so close together. We've all been remarkably cheerful though (not just me being emotionally empty then!). So I'm still feeling guilty about not being upset. :(

Went out for milkshakes as an early birthday treat this morning. I had a flake one. :TOh and I got a much needed haircut this afternoon. Tomorrow we'll be out for dinner at a lovely italian place. The pizza is amazing.

First day (well, 2 hours) of volunteering on thursday was ok. Had to get bus there and back in the freezing air. So it properly tired me out. Will be going back next thursday hopefully.

Sorry to see others have had bad news. Hopefully we'll all be back on top form again soon. xx :)
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa- you are so right its a waste of my time and theirs -there are far more productive things I can do with my time (just got to figure out what they are lol!). Mom is such a geek- she has more apps on her phone than I do!
    Mmmn- you need to shave your legs? I was right! It IS white water rafting! (you'll need to shave your legs to wear your swimming costume under the layers of thermals and waterproofs!!) Seriously though whatever she has planned have a fab day!

Mrs I- hope DD got the ok say good riddance to the moon boot. That coat was a fab bargain by the sounds of it.

Kerri - blimey the bulbs haven't started to make an appearance here yet, I love to see the daffs waving in the sunshine but that's usually about March.

Clumsy- Enjoy your pizza (that milkshake sounds yummy!)

My other BIL is back in the UK for a week this afternoon so I suppose I had better put the vacuum round in his honour- I might even break out the duster and polish.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mornin

Despite Mrs I's instruction to be fabulous I am not! I have the cold,haven't slept much and today is panto and Chinese New Year "Do". Did a lot of prep very slowly yesterday.DD1 is coming up early and making a start on cooking whilst we are at the panto.She doesn't want to go for the first time this year.Must be worried we will get her name called out for her birthday.She hated that when she was young.Need to vacc and the rest will have to wait.

Didn't do my painting Murie.

Free,result from your sisters.I would have agonised too,well done for biting the bullet. Must be your inner bond villain coming out.

I have daffs just poking a leaf through the soil.Can't wait to finish the back garden this year.I am on the look out for 2nd hand stone.Yes i am cheap but I also want it weathered.

O,o,o,o, I went into a town last week and bought a Christmas soap dispenser from the Range for 99p.

Bye vx
     :
  • vulpix
    Options
    P.S can't wait to hear what your day out is Peppa.
     :
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes for yesterday Clumsy42. :bdaycake: Hope that you had a lovely day.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Morning all.

CLUMSY so sorry I wasn't on yesterday but here is a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🍾🎂🍰💐!!! Hope you had a lovely day.

Oh VULPIX sorry to hear you're under the weather and for panto day too ☹️, hope you still managed to enjoy yourselves. Would you have had DD's name called out? 😉 Well done on the Christmas soap dispenser.

MURIE you'll be disappointed to know it wasn't white water rafting but read on and all will be revealed........

We had a lovely time on our treat day yesterday, courtesy of my sis. The four of us (her, me and my two DDs) started with a visit to Champneys city spa for a luxury pedicure followed by lunch at Jaimie's Italian followed by an hour and a half shopping followed by a celebration afternoon tea at a vintage tea rooms followed by going to the theatre to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. We got home about eleven o'clock. It was a fabulous day so I think a big bunch of flowers is the order of the day to say a big thank you to my lovely sister for organising it all, driving us about and treating us all to the day. 💐 DD2 stayed here last night and has just left so that was lovely too, I love the GDSs hugely but it was nice to have time with DD without them 😉.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    Options
    Wow Peppa,what an absolutely fantastic day.Your sister is wonderful.I think flowers for her is a lovely idea.

Panto and party were great.Yes I would have got them to give DD1 a shout out for her birthday.Mwahaha evil embarrassing Mum.;)

I have just finished tidying,washing and putting stuff away.I even love doing that after a party.

This cold is a stinker.at least its just a traditional cold,not throat,ears,chest etc.

Someone is giving a kitten away,a little tortie.I want her,neeeeeeeed her but mr V says no:( He is right we live on a road:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

0462... I am sorry to hear of your bereavement.I am doing a bird project but may be a bit late finishing and posting a pic.

Hospital for me tomorrow so a chance to visit the shops.I am looking for something for in my bathroom window. Will know it when I see it if you know what I mean.

DD1 wants the kitten,I can be it's Granny.

Vx
     :
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Peppa Ooh, what a lovely day! I agree, your sister most definitely deserves a bunch of flowers for making all the arrangements.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa- that sounds like a fantastic day that you all had- your sister obviously knows how to organise a treat! (Although white water rafting might have been fun too- buts there's always next time......!!!). You should definitely get her a bouquet of flowers for being such a lovely sis/auntie.
    Vulpix sorry youre still feeling poorly- ugh I don't like the clearing up after a party I have to admit. Congratulations on becoming a kitten granny!
    Im hoping to take part in the bird challenge but as I cant find the die I wanted to use I may not be on time either.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Peppa- what a lovely day you had definitely a big bunch of flowers are in order for treating your sis as a thank you for a great day out.
    Vulpix- there are a lot of bugs going around rest up and drink plenty of fluids. Also salt nose rinse is great to get rid of a cold quickly.

I had a next christmas reed diffuser as a gift so will be putting it by for this year. I felt it was too late to open it on Boxing Day so it will be going out at the end of November. I am planning on making jewellery crackers to give as gifts and stocking fillers. Each hand made cracker will be filled with either a bracelet, earrings or a necklace/pendant. Will be making one for each female recipient.

I have a winter wedding to attend this year on 20th December so I have to sort out an outfit (I have raynauds so can't get cold) so I think I am going to struggle. I'm going to make a vintage button heart artwork in a 3D frame as their wedding gift. so I have plenty of craft projects to do before Christmas. I will post pictures when I've finished it.

Hope everyone is ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport