Remember you're STILL a Womble - 2017 challenge

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    Went out for lunch yesterday and found a sharp piece of plastic in my dessert :eek:, told the waiter who investigated and found it came from the packaging , I got an apology and a free dessert saving £6.75

Not nice for you at the time I'm sure. My worst was a slug in a pie :eek:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2017 at 7:30PM
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Not nice for you at the time I'm sure. My worst was a slug in a pie :eek:

That's my worst nightmare!! Were you sick? Makes me shudder just thinking about it....:eek:

I've been doing ok at wombling. Joined a couple of new cashback sites and got:

Save £10.00 when you spend £10 on beer, which basically made it free (made my OH very happy)

Free Fanta 2l

OH needs a new tyre on his car and used cashback site to get 5.25% (£1.83)

£2 cashback on Cat food

It is our wedding anniversary today and needed to do something cheap so took the children and my Dad down to Brighton for the day. It just cost us petrol money as my Dad paid for the food (fish and chips at cafe next to the beach).

Roadkill - just 5p since I last posted....

Hope you all have a good bank holiday Monday :j
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Topped up a costa gift card (through work) site and got £3 off. Did Shopmium app today for the first time, hope to receive £1.72 into my bank.

LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 May 2017 at 7:14AM
    Options
    Hi guys :) sorry I haven't been around for a while - my life got crazy busy over the last month or so and I've lost track of any wombles!

Highlights I can remember over the last week:

* £27.21 savings in ys sticker items on Friday :)
    * was given another 3 raspberry canes at the allotment £9.99
    * saved £21.51 as items we needed for camping this weekend happened to be in A1di when I was there :)
    * my mil did a couple of 1/2 day childminding sessions so I could work claiming £35
    * I was given builders piping to make my arch for growing squashes £20
    * my allotment neighbours fixed my fence! will just claim a shed load of skills and kindness for that one :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    1p roadkill.

Found some receipts, but were all 2016! :(
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    eBay Bargains:

M & S girls 2-3 years dress £10.90 including P & P saving me £14.09 :)

Monsoon dress 2-3 years and M & S Autograph dress 2-3 years both cost me £10.30 including P & P saving me £62.69 :T

Usborne Touch Feely set of 3 books £12.99 saving me £7.98 :)

#13 current total = £5464.73
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One peach from Reception €0,20

One sports session, courtesy of employer (we sported outside our office building, in a little park area, and it was lovely) €5

Our car is not selling :( All we get is really low offers. It's a really nice car, but needs some work (new tires, new distribution belt, new condenser (dh had a collision a few years ago, and the front of the car needed to be replaced. Apparently, the garage did not notice that the condenser had a crack, and because I don't use the airconditioner (same 'block' as the condenser) I didn't notice that the liquid was leaking out). It's frustrating, because I never planned to sell this car, I wanted to drive it until it fell apart. I'm afraid we will have to accept one of the low offers and have €1.500 less than we expected.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry. Everything kind of fell apart over the last wee while and I've lost the plot as to where I am wombling wise.
    Anyway, my neighbour won a hamper but didn't like/use what was in it so, apart from a bottle of champagne, she gave it to me. RRP is £150.00 so less the cost of the champagne £113.50.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been debating whether to declare this as a womble and have decided to do so.

I have recently attended my best friend's wedding. I was a bridesmaid and had the shoes and dress paid for by my friend, I was offered accommodation at her house so that I didn't have to spend on a hotel and her parents got me a pampering pack to use the night before and I received a bridesmaid goodie bag during the speeches.

All in all I think I that all these have added up to a saving of around £200 from what I thought the wedding was going to cost so I would like to declare that as a womble. :D
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Good morning all

Got given a beautiful bottle of prosecco which is gold coloured bottle which (hopefully) I will save for a birthday present for someone. I also have received a beautiful bunch of flowers, 2 pieces of tiffin and a small bottle of gin from my students who are leaving to go to university. They are so lovely. Feel very touched. I'll claim a nominal £15.

MIL/FIL have been up to visit this weekend and they took me and the girls out for lunch and paid for the evening meal out also. it must have cost a fortune. £60 claimed for the 5 of us.

Having a lovely week off so far. The weather here is beautiful and I'm enjoying it so much. Good to hear about everyone's savings.

I spent all of last night trying to organise bouquets for the 8 bridesmaids. Think we are going to do fake flowers - only because it would break my heart to wake up to a load of dead flowers plus all that money wasted. I'm thinking single stems for them and a bunch for myself. Have decided to not do flowers in the church. We will be in there for approximately an hour and a half and I think churches are lovely as they are.

Any ideas/advice on cheap favours and bridesmaids presents?

I've had mixed opinions from various family/friends. One website said they are a tradition that needs to stop as "no-one cares" about them anymore.

sorry for the wedding talk - just want to have a lovely day without a massive financial hangover xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure