Remember you're STILL a Womble - 2017 challenge

Options

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Saved £36.75 by using boots advantage points
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Online weekly grocery shop price reductions and special offers saved me £23.91 this week :)

I did my 1st online grocery shop with Waitrose and after price reductions, special offers, 10 pick your own offers (you get 20% off) and a code for £15 off a £80 plus shop, I saved £61.23 :T

#13 current total = £5310
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Online weekly grocery shop price reductions and special offers saved me £23.91 this week :)

I did my 1st online grocery shop with Waitrose and after price reductions, special offers, 10 pick your own offers (you get 20% off) and a code for £15 off a £80 plus shop, I saved £61.23 :T

#13 current total = £5310

That's so good sugar baby - I'm just considering going to online shopping. I've always been unsure as I like to go to the cheaper SMs (usually Mr Ls) but they don't do online which is a shame. I always think it is the cheapest way but I just don't have the time anymore. I am allergic to dairy too so I end up having to go to Mr T anyway so as to get all the dairy-free products which usually ends up costing me as much as the remainder of the weekly shop in Mr L.

Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. ;):p;):p
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH treated me a lot last night as we were out and it was crucially the day BEFORE payday, so I had no money.

Will claim £12 for the night.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Good Morning Miss Empty Piggy,

All of the major supermarkets (bar Asda) that do online grocery shopping have a code for your 1st online shop. This code is usually worth at least £15 off an £80 plus shop. This can be combined with any other price reductions and special offers that will be most useful to you and your family for that 1st online grocery shop and can result in big savings. In order to retain your loyalty some supermarkets will offer you further discounts on your next shop or even your next 3 or 4 online shops.

Please remember that if you are also a member of a cashback site, there will be cashback available on your 1st online shop with supermarkets. For example I received £5 cashback with Quidco for the my 1st online shop with Waitrose.

Supermarket Loyalty Cards:

Tesco has Clubcard and Sainsbury's has the Nectar card. Every £ spent will give you 1p on your card. Tesco has Clubcard Boost deals (up to 4 X the face value) and Nectar has exclusive partner deals that can really boost your points balance on your Nectar card. Waitrose has a My Waitrose card which a will give you exclusive member benefits. Morrisons has a More card where you collect 4 points for every £ you spend then every 4 points is worth 1p. Once you have collected 5,000 More points you can swap it for a £5 voucher or you can allow the £5 vouchers to accumulate on your More card to redeem all together. Co-Op has a Co-Op card which gives you a 5% cashback on your card on their own brand products and a 1% donation to local a charity on your behalf on their own brand products.

Delivery Options:

Delivery is free with Waitrose if you spend at least £60 on your basket of shopping. Ocado will give you a free delivery pass for the 1st year. Tesco has a mid week or all week delivery saver plan which you can sign up to. (My mid week plan only costs £3.50 a month). With other supermarkets the minimum basket amount will be at least £40 to get free delivery but delivery slots can cost you as little as £1.

I hope this information will be useful to you.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks Bob for the Birthday wishes.

So today I got a free birthday treat from Greggs, £1 chocolate eclair and the app also has a free cookie 60 pence.
    Went to subway for my free birthday cookie 60pence
    I'll share them with my husband and daughter after our dinner this evening :-)

LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Max Factor Max Effect Lip Gloss from Poundland saving me £6.99

Free Metro newspaper yesterday and today £1

No Fear Cap from Sports Direct Reduced from £13.99 to £5.99 saving me £8

Slazenger Black Leather Trainers reduced from £47.99 to £19,99 saving me £28 :T

Boots Bargains:

3 X Equazen liquid fish oils on 3 for 2 offer which saved me £11.99

3 X Tea Tree & Witchazel Spot Wand on £ for offer which saved me £3.99

2 X Soltan Suncare Lotion 200ml which costs £12 and I received Soltan Once Face SPF30 50ml free which is worth £10

#13 current total = £5379.97
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Good Morning Miss Empty Piggy,

All of the major supermarkets (bar Asda) that do online grocery shopping have a code for your 1st online shop. This code is usually worth at least £15 off an £80 plus shop. This can be combined with any other price reductions and special offers that will be most useful to you and your family for that 1st online grocery shop and can result in big savings. In order to retain your loyalty some supermarkets will offer you further discounts on your next shop or even your next 3 or 4 online shops.

Please remember that if you are also a member of a cashback site, there will be cashback available on your 1st online shop with supermarkets. For example I received £5 cashback with Quidco for the my 1st online shop with Waitrose.

Supermarket Loyalty Cards:

Tesco has Clubcard and Sainsbury's has the Nectar card. Every £ spent will give you 1p on your card. Tesco has Clubcard Boost deals (up to 4 X the face value) and Nectar has exclusive partner deals that can really boost your points balance on your Nectar card. Waitrose has a My Waitrose card which a will give you exclusive member benefits. Morrisons has a More card where you collect 4 points for every £ you spend then every 4 points is worth 1p. Once you have collected 5,000 More points you can swap it for a £5 voucher or you can allow the £5 vouchers to accumulate on your More card to redeem all together. Co-Op has a Co-Op card which gives you a 5% cashback on your card on their own brand products and a 1% donation to local a charity on your behalf on their own brand products.

Delivery Options:

Delivery is free with Waitrose if you spend at least £60 on your basket of shopping. Ocado will give you a free delivery pass for the 1st year. Tesco has a mid week or all week delivery saver plan which you can sign up to. (My mid week plan only costs £3.50 a month). With other supermarkets the minimum basket amount will be at least £40 to get free delivery but delivery slots can cost you as little as £1.

I hope this information will be useful to you.

WOW Sugarbaby - Thanks so much that was REALLY helpful. I had best get on with it. Want to sort it out this weekend and start saving myself some time on the weekly shop.

Thanks so much. Have a great day :beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Used my free birthday £5 in Paperchase today and received 100ml Tech Wash from Nik Wax worth £2.

LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Went out for lunch yesterday and found a sharp piece of plastic in my dessert :eek:, told the waiter who investigated and found it came from the packaging , I got an apology and a free dessert saving £6.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure