IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcm parking ticket but disabled

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sounds as if its the typical gladstones reply with their special directions paperwork designed to bamboozle you and weight the claim in their favour - dont fall for it

do not agree to their "paper only" request and do not agree to mediation either

read the BARGEPOLE linked posts from post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread on what to do next

I think you wait for the court in Northampton to send their pack out, but await other replies from people who know more about it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,475 Forumite
    Options
    Here's how one poster over on PePiPoo has just dealt with this letter. Post #48 of that thread is the relevant source for you.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113766&pid=1294793&st=40&#entry1294793
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • daffas6688
    daffas6688 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you to the people helping me with this case. I have waited just under a week for a D Q from the Court but have received nothing. Having said that , with Gladstones clients paperwork that they sent me copies of is a Request for Special Direction request. It looks like that they have sent this to the Court to instruct them to send to me an N159 form. I can see how they try to confuse people as it is blank and makes it look like they want you to fill out. In brackets it tells the Court that this is a paperwork without a hearing case as if all is agreed, which is wrong. I will await a response from the Court over the next fees days. I will then phone Court if I have heard nothing after just over a week.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    Thank you to the people helping me with this case. I have waited just under a week for a D Q from the Court but have received nothing. Having said that , with Gladstones clients paperwork that they sent me copies of is a Request for Special Direction request. It looks like that they have sent this to the Court to instruct them to send to me an N159 form.

I can see how they try to confuse people as it is blank and makes it look like they want you to fill out. In brackets it tells the Court that this is a paperwork without a hearing case as if all is agreed, which is wrong. I will await a response from the Court over the next fees days. I will then phone Court if I have heard nothing after just over a week.

Exactly right - they try to trick people into agreeing to a paper hearing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • daffas6688
    Options
    I have now received the Directions Questionnaire. The first question is do I agree to this case being referred to the small claims mediation team. I know from their solicitors that they have not elected to mediate. What do I answer to this question. The rest of the form has to be filled regardless of my answer to the first question. There is a question next that asks if I agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case. Then if I say no say why not and what track I believe should be allocated. I then get to elect a County Court for the hearing and why. After this it gets more technical with regards to whether I need to ask permission for written evidence for an expert. Also how many witnesses including me. Sounds just as confusing as all the stuff that their solicitors sent. I'm back to needing advice please .
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    All this is already fully answered by bargepole in the NEWBIES thread post #2. Please refer to it first, at every stage.

We can't do this in every case, question by question, post by post - we would drown!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    best advice is to READ post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially reading the BARGEPOLE links

he tells you EXACTLY what to do , and a timeline of events

please read it , then do as HE says (we cannot give you better advice than he does, so we dont)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    I have now received the Directions Questionnaire. The first question is do I agree to this case being referred to the small claims mediation team. I know from their solicitors that they have not elected to mediate. What do I answer to this question.

The rest of the form has to be filled regardless of my answer to the first question. There is a question next that asks if I agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case. Then if I say no say why not and what track I believe should be allocated. I then get to elect a County Court for the hearing and why. After this it gets more technical with regards to whether I need to ask permission for written evidence for an expert. Also how many witnesses including me. Sounds just as confusing as all the stuff that their solicitors sent. I'm back to needing advice please .

What stage are you at now, once you get a court date, you will know the date to submit your WS and evidence, as explained in the NEWBIES thread, with linked examples.

Come back and show us your WS, based on others.
  • daffas6688
    Options
    I have now received a court date for October in my local court. The court have sent letter saying if they don't hear from parking company / solicitors by 6th if September the case won't be heard . Not at home at mo so think that the rough date.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Right, so that letter will also state the date by which you MUST file your WS and evidence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure