IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcm parking ticket but disabled

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I obviously want to state I was in the vehicle all the time and why couldn't I have been moved on if they didn't like me there? . I was not in a residents bay, nor double yellow lines. Should I mention the police officers that were moving on people from double yellow lines but Not blue badge holders on another date.
    I don't understand...this now sounds like public highway, not private land?
    I have a recent photo of disabled people and others parked in front of school in many places, thus confirming other people have the need of parking. They were not ticketed. Also the parking (warden ) woman who told my friend she could park in residents bay with a blue badge.
    That warden sounds like a Council CEO on street, because Blue Badge Holders CAN park on double yellows and (I believe) in resident's bays on street under Council rules. This has nothing to do with your defence about private land.

But yours is a private company so are you describing two different things here? What happens on-street with the Police and/or Council enforcing the regulations is one thing, and yet you weren't parked there, you must have been on private land...? Round the corner, inside the school grounds, or what?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • daffas6688
    daffas6688 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 June 2017 at 6:53PM
    Options
    Yes two different occasions. Just pointing out if police/ council ( but they did have police uniform and walkie talkies) take a different stance to what these private parking bods do then I find it weird but prob don't help me in the end but thought former would have followed the private estate policy and moved all. Both occasions in same place. The place I have parking charge for. You can park in residents bay's with my council but none available outside this private estate. The parking woman who spoke to my friend was one of the private companies ones on that actually private estate. Uneasy with fact only written defences as no personal court appearance available.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 June 2017 at 7:56PM
    Options
    Uneasy with fact only written defences as no personal court appearance available.

Not sure what you mean? This will end in a hearing at your local county court. This is just the early stage of defence.
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    first time i done this please let me know if work
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vodyyo6yvwgaqi2/page%200.jpg?dl=0

pages 1 to 7 you will need to zoom in on pages

This is just the claim form, and you won't be filling that in by hand anyway, that creates a scrawly mess if you try.

Have you done the acknowledgement online, on MCOL, to buy yourself time to read other defences? Doing the acknowledgement online MUST happen in the first two weeks, so remind us, have you done that, as per the pictorial walk-through link shown in the NEWBIES thread post #2?

Some Gladstones/PCM example defences are linked for people to copy from, in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread, please grab one that deals with a Gladstones unfair PCN, and copy it and adapt it, removing anything that makes no sense.
  • daffas6688
    Options
    At first I wasn't sure if documents I was sent were real. I was asked to put them on here but had major problems doing that. When I got it on the forum was busy this week so I didn't know what to do. I have sent acknowledgment in post as didn't know better and time was running out. I am working tomorrow but as soon as I get home I will look into what you have advised with urgent attention. Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 June 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Ah, OK, good, as long as you have sent the Acknowledgement to the CCBC in Northampton you have bought some time to copy and adapt a decent PCM defence.

An issue date of 19th May on the Claim form gives you a fortnight to get the defence sorted out. Do read the examples in the NEWBIES thread post #2 because Gladstones defences can include pretty generic points as well as your own points (and nothing about parking on street, or how the Police/Councils do or don't act, please forget that).
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    first time i done this please let me know if work

XXX

pages 1 to 7 you will need to zoom in on pages

You should take that photo down now as it contains your reg number
  • daffas6688
    Options
    Have taken letter off hopefully. I can 're do if someone needs to see minus sensitive material
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No need for us to see the claim form, we know you have 2 weeks to file a defence so we are waiting to see your draft defence, so we can help advise you to make sure you miss nothing out.

Most people just copy from the most similar one already linked in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread and then adapt it and post it up for critique, and that's fine as long as you give us a decent defence draft to work with (not written from scratch in your own words).
  • daffas6688
    edited 6 June 2017 at 6:57PM
    Options
    Hi I have read the defences in Newbies #2. I can see how they are defending but obviously my case is not similar to any of these.
    I have also read the section on private/ resdiential parking. I see if parking is forbidden then are they not actually offering reasonable provisions for disabled people to get access to the school? Could I quote this? As I am disabled and on that particular day was in so much pain I couldn't walk any distance to the school ( should I put this?) I would also like to point out I was in the car at all times. It was dark and at no time did I see the parking firm person sneak up on me. I will try and make a draft.But not very goodat these things. Having seen what I have put over these weeks,what else do you suggest I put?
    Thank you daffas6688 By the way the claim form have slightly put my name wrong will that matter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I have read the defences in Newbies #2. I can see how they are defending but obviously my case is not similar to any of these.

Yes it is. Please look again, you are missing the point. Please don't write your own about the story of what happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure