Small Planet Airlines - Compensation Offered

After 4 months of correspondence, using Resolver and contacting the CAA, Small Planets have responded to my claim.

However, for a 3+ hours delay, they only offered 200 Euros per person (600 Euros in total).

I have responded to say "no" and await their next move as we (I believe) are entitled to 1200 Euros....has anyone else been offered an initial compensation amount and had any joy in a revised "second offer"??

Matt

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi MightyMythop,

This is one of the most difficult airlines to claim against, they make every step of the claim as difficult as possible.

Not many claimants have got as far as you.

Here are a couple of links, to successful claims, which may help to keep your spirits up during the battle.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4788467

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-compensation-latest-news/small-planet-claims

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hi,
    I'm at exactly the same stage. I was offered E200 (half the EC regulation level) on 23 Dec from a claim gone in late August, then followed up from CAA in November.
    I'm just about to reject it quoting all the usual regs.
    I'll keep you posted :wall:
  • OK - so just a few days later and they've increased their offer to 750 Euros (additional 50 Euros pp) - I've just replied and told them that unless they offer the full amount I will be have no alternative but to take full legal action....I await their reply!
  • Just an update on this one...after a few emails and a month or two of waiting plus contact to CAA, Small Planet have agreed to fully compensate us at 400 euros per person!

Claim form filled in the other day...now got to wait a maximum of 13 weeks for the payment!

I'll not be waiting until that long and will remind them every week if necessary to get them to pay it as I have little faith they will!

A positive result though....almost!
  • Hi ! I am trying to claim for €6400 from small planet airlines.

I have gone to the top with resolver.

I have confirmation from the civil aviation authority that they have taken responsibility.

They agreed to pay me €6400 for 16 people.

They asked me to get signatures and bank information and email it back which I did.

Got told to wait 10 days for compensation.

After 17 days of waiting they only paid in €1400 into my bank at £1162.61

They then informed me that I will receive weekly payments of €1400 euros because they can't pay the full amount right now.

I kept asking them why they cannot pay the full amount and they won't answer.

They told me it takes 4 working days for payments to reach my account when in fact they use CHAPS payment which is straight away.

It's now been 13 days since last payment and we have not recieved any thing else or any correspondence.

I email them 2 or 3 times a day with no success, but I am not giving up!

I am trying my hardest not to go to flight delay lawyers...
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Bubblegumsoap,

It sounds like you are almost there.

I would complain to the CAA again, although they cannot enforce payment, they can take or threaten to take enforcement action against SP for the poor way they are dealing with your claim. The way they regularly abuse the regulations is something that the CAA can and should do something about.

I would also issue court proceedings against them with a view to obtaining a court judgement against them allowing High Court Enforcement officers to impound an aircraft if necessary.

This has been done before and they pay up PDQ when it does.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Imagine if you purchased tickets from an airline and said you would only pay in small weekly amounts. Cheeky gits....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi

I got the same offer of $400 per person back in February and also got told that I would have to wait 13 weeks. Once the 13 weeks were up I contacted them again and got told they were having issues in their finance department and would need to wait a further 5-7 weeks.

Again this deadline has passed, I have sent countless emails and heard nothing, even though they are now breaking the signed agreement we both have. Can anyone advise what I can do next?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Send an NBA letter (if you haven't already done so ) then start small claims legal action after 14 days. They are playing you.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • SPA offered me 500E per flight for 2 of us and, as above, we were given the 13 weeks, then 5-7 week delay story.
    Now my emails go unanswered, phone calls (now they are back on at SPA) cut off after 15 minutes on hold so sod it, Bott & Co can have a crack at them for the full amount again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure