Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    6 miles is still fine though Wiz, it's more than you would need to do ib a daily basis to make the 2000 miles.

SplanK, you are not far from me and I wouldn't go out today up Winter Hill either. Bad enough going for a fifteen minute constitutional round Salford Quays!
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    SplanK, you are not far from me and I wouldn't go out today up Winter Hill either. Bad enough going for a fifteen minute constitutional round Salford Quays!

Meh, damp ground conditions don't concern me too much, but walking in rain is just depressing!

Ive lost all interest for today now and now treating it as a rest day. Just took in a delivery of some new blinds so should keep me quiet until the wife and kids get back home
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It has been a gorgeous sunny day here today, alas we now have rain that looks like it is going to be set in till around 8 ish tonight. Sadly our club run is at 6:30 so looks like I am going to be doing 8 miles in the rain then.

Could be worse, I could have just booked a 2 night stay in the lakes starting Thurs. Hope they get all the roads open with all the snow they are having! It may be a tad tiring running up the mountains in the snow!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • bugslet
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    Meh, damp ground conditions don't concern me too much, but walking in rain is just depressing!

Ive lost all interest for today now and now treating it as a rest day. Just took in a delivery of some new blinds so should keep me quiet until the wife and kids get back home

I don't mind rain actually, unless it's totally torential. In fact I quite like it apart from the dogs being wet when I get back home.

I'd definitely choose walking in rain over putting blinds up!

Lakes, bound to be sunny indesisiv:rotfl:
  • indesisiv
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    I don't mind rain actually, unless it's totally torential. In fact I quite like it apart from the dogs being wet when I get back home.

I'd definitely choose walking in rain over putting blinds up!

Lakes, bound to be sunny indesisiv:rotfl:

I've got a few mates over there at the moment ... its very wet in the valleys and snowy up top. Oh well I'm going anyway. Should be nice on Friday when I go out for my first run.

I don't mind rain as long as it is raining when you set off. Also helps if it is not too hot when it rains too. Then you can wear waterproofs and not sweat to death.
  • bugslet
    Options
    If it gets too bad, you could always go to the pub. It's my default option:D
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry not been around, completely forgot!!!

I have been walking lots, or trying to anyway.

Im full of cold this week, but still trying to get out and about.

My signature is up to date now, as of this week.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Improvement this week, 42 miles :) must do an annual total so far. Will
    apart op back and update in a min. Need to be over 500 miles by end March I guess!

*update* have walked a total of 441.6 miles against a target of 423.5. Need to do 60 miles in next fortnight to be on target. Pretty sure I can manage that'll

36.25 this week. Has been crazy busy and my hay fever just kicked in so I'm ok with that. Esp since I walked 6 miles in sleety rain on Wednesday. 478 miles on the year so far and need to do 22 this week to be on course for the year.

Good luck for the 25% (500 miles) by end March!
  • Charlton_King
    Charlton_King Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone got a rough 'mileage equivalent' for the often mentioned daily 10k steps?
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Has anyone got a rough 'mileage equivalent' for the often mentioned daily 10k steps?

About 5 miles according to google.

50.1 miles run this week for me. Which isn't bad considering 25 of those miles had over 6000 feet of climbing whilst running around the lake district for the last couple of days in the sunshine (and snow)

436.1 mi for the year so far for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family