2017 - Spend less, live more

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m feeling much better today. I’m still not 100%, but am over the worst of it. I’ve spent quite a bit of time snoozing as my cold has been leaving me feeling rather tired.

Yesterday, We went to Costco to stock up on items that are running low. We like to go once a month and buy a couple of items at a time, otherwise it’s really expensive. We didn’t do this is nov or dec, so we literally needed everything and it came to £100. I know that doesn’t sound like loads, but we only bought half a dozen items or so.
    We buy stuff like laundry detergent, softener, pasta, rice and loo roll in bulk and we get 3-6 months out of most stuff.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Chanie,

I am glad that you are finally over the worse of your cold.

I am sure you got great value on the items that you bought in Costco
  • chanie
    Options
    I love Costco, the quality of the items they sell is normally really good and we save money because we buy bigger packs.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Bump bump bump :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • chanie
    Options
    Oooo, looks like I'm back.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad to see your diary has been re-instated Chanie :D
  • chanie
    Options
    So far this week, we!!!8217;ve managed to last on just a £30 top up on Friday, as we didn!!!8217;t go shopping over the weekend. We need to rethink our shopping habits and this could result in some savings. Our children aren!!!8217;t keen on eating big dinners in the evening and the food we do cook often goes uneaten. Maybe we need to focus on quick easy foods like sandwiches or cereals instead of spaghetti bolognaise or chicken and rice.
  • chanie
    Options
    Other than a few items OH purchased in Lidl, we managed to last the week without doing a grocery shop. Will have to spend a bit more this week as it!!!8217;s half term and the children will be off school (I!!!8217;m off 3 days with them).
  • chanie
    Options
    The children are on half term now and I!!!8217;m only working a couple of days next week.

Today was a nice day, so I took the children to an English heritage site to get them out of the house for a while. I have membership, so it didn!!!8217;t cost anything, other than a small gift from the gift shop.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hi Chanie,

It feels good when you do not have to do a full grocery shop to get through the week. You did well last week. :)

Have you got any particular plans with your children for half term?

I will have to spend a lot more money as it is half term for my son from 6th Form and as a young man he eats quite a lot. (lucky for him he never gains weight no matter what he eats) I will have to do a small top up shop
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure