A new chapter

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• lincoln-potter
    Options
    I guess a quick check in is overdue. I was a while back unsure as whether the ex had worked out I was on the forum so I've been under the radar so to speak.

A lot has changed since I last posted.

I've mad my 10% OP already for the year and my mortgage is now at £59k, down from the original £196k 7 years ago. Not too bad especially since the large lump sum I had to pay the ex also.....my target is still for April 2019 to be MF when my fixed rate ends.

My stoozing is going well and currently I have 3 CC with a combined pot of £26k. I have 18 current accounts open at present (although 4 are TESCO instant savers for DD criteria). I have been bank switching and so far earnt £405 from it, my credit rating has however taken a huge hit from 999 down to 612 however I have nothing I need to may as well use my rating for something.

Mortgage free - 01/05/2019, mortgage high £200k 2011
  • Merchandiser2367
    Options
    I guess a quick check in is overdue. I was a while back unsure as whether the ex had worked out I was on the forum so I've been under the radar so to speak.

A lot has changed since I last posted.

I've mad my 10% OP already for the year and my mortgage is now at £59k, down from the original £196k 7 years ago. Not too bad especially since the large lump sum I had to pay the ex also.....my target is still for April 2019 to be MF when my fixed rate ends.

My stoozing is going well and currently I have 3 CC with a combined pot of £26k. I have 18 current accounts open at present (although 4 are TESCO instant savers for DD criteria). I have been bank switching and so far earnt £405 from it, my credit rating has however taken a huge hit from 999 down to 612 however I have nothing I need to may as well use my rating for something.

Are you still matched betting? How much did you make from it in the end? I wanted to try snoozing but I think will be too much organising and probably mess it up. We always take the cash out for the week we have to spend....when using cards, always seem to lose track....

I've got a couple of mule accounts ready to switch next week, going to go for the Natwest and HSBC ones first off....Natwest looks a good one as not offered any incentive to switch for years
    Mortgage When Started Over Pay 01/11/2017- £146,500
    Current Total - 10/02/2022 - £6,500 (With Offset
    £10k Savings)
    5 year fix
    MFW hopefully by March 2022
    01/11/17 - £10k / £10k Emergency Savings :beer:
  • lincoln-potter
    Options
    Are you still matched betting? How much did you make from it in the end? I wanted to try snoozing but I think will be too much organising and probably mess it up. We always take the cash out for the week we have to spend....when using cards, always seem to lose track....

I've got a couple of mule accounts ready to switch next week, going to go for the Natwest and HSBC ones first off....Natwest looks a good one as not offered any incentive to switch for years

No i stopped matched betting halfway through last year, with all the other bits I just didn't have the time. I made £668.99 in total, so not too bad, just need to be very organised.

See I only spend on my card and I have a quite detailed spreadsheet which logs all my spends into categories so I can track things.

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Hi LP

Sorry I haven't checked in for ages - had a mad 12 months with lots of changes.

Looks like you have been AWOL too. Hope you are okay and keep chipping away at that mortgage.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • lincoln-potter
    Options
    Hi LP

Sorry I haven't checked in for ages - had a mad 12 months with lots of changes.

Looks like you have been AWOL too. Hope you are okay and keep chipping away at that mortgage.

MCI

Hey MCI,

Yeah the mortgage is being chipped away at. Would be quicker but im stuck by the 10% rule..... the plan is a 5k OP next January and then April 2019 a final OP of £42k and I'll be mortgage free!

But yeah been busy with the DS who lives with me full time now, I did have a moment of weakness at christmas and got Sky but otherwise I've been rather good on the day to day spends and my stoozing is going well.

Got a few trips away planned which I am looking forward to.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport