Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Supposedly, Norwegian Air are doing a Flash Sale from 10am tomorrow......
    As they fly to Vegas & LAX, i'll hang fire on crazy flight plans! :D

Option I will put us on, will be: DUB
    >Philly
    >Vegas
    and Return, will be: LAX
    >LHR
    LGW
    >DUB (collecting bags at LHR and going home :D )
    Cost: £384. Will do single flight from Bristol (£36), giving over 3hrs between flights, and then rely on the wifes dad playing taxi to BRS and LHR ! :D

Now to work on those Hotel Deals!!! :D

You really should start collecting Virgin miles - £224 I think we're paying this year for direct flights. Then again, I get the distinct impression that hunting down flight bargains is something you find fun :)
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    And I can't really talk - I'm sat spinning and spinning on MyVegas trying to get the last 5k LPs that I need to snag two nights free at the Mirage.

Booooorreeedddd but trying to stick to my tried and tested strategy (1,500 bet on Lotus Land). I always find that when I lose patience and up the bet I lose everything. I really should just leave it to spin and do something more productive but I can't tear myself away haha.

Just hoping our dates are still available when I go to redeem it...

• martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Supposedly, Norwegian Air are doing a Flash Sale from 10am tomorrow......
    As they fly to Vegas & LAX, i'll hang fire on crazy flight plans! :D

Option I will put us on, will be: DUB
    >Philly
    >Vegas
    and Return, will be: LAX
    >LHR
    LGW
    >DUB (collecting bags at LHR and going home :D )
    Cost: £384. Will do single flight from Bristol (£36), giving over 3hrs between flights, and then rely on the wifes dad playing taxi to BRS and LHR ! :D

Now to work on those Hotel Deals!!! :D

You'll only have LAX as an option. The LAS route is suspended from March as they can't take off in high temps.
    (reported in Nov.... http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2016/11/17/too-hot-fly-norwegian-air-suspends-summer-las-vegas-flights/94025902/)
  • martmonk
    Options
    And I can't really talk - I'm sat spinning and spinning on MyVegas trying to get the last 5k LPs that I need to snag two nights free at the Mirage.

Booooorreeedddd but trying to stick to my tried and tested strategy (1,500 bet on Lotus Land). I always find that when I lose patience and up the bet I lose everything. I really should just leave it to spin and do something more productive but I can't tear myself away haha.

I read somewhere (may be wrong, and may be out of date), that the most efficient spin was on lucky birds at 1000. That's what I've been doing for a while.
    Set it on 500 autospin, check back once in a while to click the bonus eggs. 6 spins (so 6000) is enough for 10 LP's.

I find the pop slots app on the ipad is OK for a few hundred LP's each day. The downside is you have to watch it and tap the balloons to collect them so can't just set it away and forget about it.
  • martmonk
    Options
    Oh, and if you haven't done the My Vegas Blackjack app that was quite productive early on for me and it's a lot more fun playing blackjack than it is sitting on facebook - at least it is for me.

It's slowed down quite a lot but I don't know if that's a change to the game so that not as many lp's are being spat out, or it's just that I've had it for quite a while and have therefore exhausted the early glut that's available.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Virgin Air Miles = I have just over 30k, so could do free flight for myself, will probably use those when I go in November (SEMA show)...

And yeah, it is fun trying to find a cheap way without tooooooo much messing around flight stuff! :D:D

Read about the Planes failing to get off the ground, and yeah, saw that NA don't do flights past march... Happy with LAX, as I love driving out there, plus if we flew to LA first, would have choice of Big Bear Lake for a night, or Santa Clarita, and hit Six Flags theme park, then do the 280 mile drive to Vegas straight after! Gonna need a tank of coffee! ! ;)

Good thing is, I have a few options available to us, including Manchester, but all flights still start from Dublin.....
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    Oh, and if you haven't done the My Vegas Blackjack app that was quite productive early on for me and it's a lot more fun playing blackjack than it is sitting on facebook - at least it is for me.

It's slowed down quite a lot but I don't know if that's a change to the game so that not as many lp's are being spat out, or it's just that I've had it for quite a while and have therefore exhausted the early glut that's available.

Yeah it certainly was always Lucky Birds - from memory the only problem with that is when you hit the bonus round it stops until you give it some attention. Lotus Land is usually kind and will just keep going by itself

I like Pop Slots - I play Konami and the original MyVegas mobile a bit too. Black Jack is good and I understand the earning rate is excellent, at least to begin with, but you have to actually play each hand. I need a long train journey or two where I can dedicate a few hours to it!

• Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    Virgin Air Miles = I have just over 30k, so could do free flight for myself, will probably use those when I go in November (SEMA show)...

Good plan - the flight sale is finishing soon so there should be a reward seat sale following close behind...

• Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quite fancy one of these...been looking for one for quite a while now.
    Not really Vegas linked,other than it being at the CES show in Jan:D
    So sorry about that.

https://youtu.be/zp-06qUdmbM
  • secretmachines
    Options

i'm sure you've probably nabbed it, but there was a reward for 1000 LPs the other day, i got the link via James Hite's Facebook page.

i seemed to do quite well doing 22,500 spins on the Solstice slots.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure