Options

Comments

• Starfrog
    Starfrog Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry in your sig 
    ——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 5 x 2.4kwh = 12kWh Plyontech US2000C Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
  • EVandPV
    EVandPV Posts: 2,109 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2021 at 8:25PM
    Options
    It should be on the positive lead of the incoming power from the solar inverter.

CT clamps are not 100% accurate anyway.
    A good rule of thumb is to assume they are 10% out.
    Yeah mine shows as much as 6w at times when the pv is down.
    40w is well out of whack though.
    Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012 - 14.3kwh Seplos Mason battery storage with Lux ac controller - Renault Zoe 40kwh, Corsa-e 50kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • EVandPV
    Options
    It should be on the positive lead of the incoming power from the solar inverter.

CT clamps are not 100% accurate anyway.
    A good rule of thumb is to assume they are 10% out.
    Might also be worth trying turning the clamp round so the arrow faces the other way. When they fitted our zappi ev charger, one of the clamps was the wrong way round and gave a dodgy reading.
    Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012 - 14.3kwh Seplos Mason battery storage with Lux ac controller - Renault Zoe 40kwh, Corsa-e 50kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • Dave_Fowler
    Dave_Fowler Posts: 614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2021 at 8:59PM
    Options
    EVandPV said:
    EVandPV said:
    Not trying to push you towards Lux Dave but something else to consider now you mention your on Agile is the fact that Lux also have a system now with built in Agile integration ...... https://www.biggreenbeard.co.uk/lux-power-pod-2/
    https://homeenergygroup.co.uk/home-energy-quantum-plus-power-pod/
    The basic Lux inverters can also be controlled by a piece of open source code called Octolux which does pretty much the same thing.
    https://github.com/celsworth/octolux

Thank you for the two links to the companies.  I have sent off for requests for quotes.  One of them has a price 'from £6,000' on their website. Let's see what the quotes are.  
    Yeah I'm sure they'll add a premium for the Agile integration.
    Like I say, you can do the same with the basic Lux AC inverter and a bit of tinkering (which won't affect the warranty).
    Things have moved on - and sideways.
    Only one of the requests for quotes from the Lux inverter installers was answered - and that was by an email which said I'll call you later.  I replied to say 'Yes please and ASAP'
    Nothing happened. 
    Today I had a call from the installers who had given me the quote of £4,500 for the Sofar + 4 x Pylontech system.  I said call me later, I was hoping for another quote to come in.  Late this afternoon they called me back; I had still heard nothing from the Lux installers. So I paid my deposit.  Minutes later the Lux installer called.  I told him it was too late but asked what he would have charged.  He quoted for a system using either Pylontech or Uhome batteries with full Autocharge Agile features for a price £300 less than the Sofar system.
    Help! I have a 14 day cooling off period from the Sofar installers and the Lux system details he sent seem far in advance of the Sofar set-up. Do I cancel the Sofar system and go for the Lux? and what are the thoughts on the Uhome batteries - they appear to have a better specification than the Pylontech.
    Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
  • EVandPV
    Options
    EVandPV said:
    EVandPV said:
    Not trying to push you towards Lux Dave but something else to consider now you mention your on Agile is the fact that Lux also have a system now with built in Agile integration ...... https://www.biggreenbeard.co.uk/lux-power-pod-2/
    https://homeenergygroup.co.uk/home-energy-quantum-plus-power-pod/
    The basic Lux inverters can also be controlled by a piece of open source code called Octolux which does pretty much the same thing.
    https://github.com/celsworth/octolux

Thank you for the two links to the companies.  I have sent off for requests for quotes.  One of them has a price 'from £6,000' on their website. Let's see what the quotes are.  
    Yeah I'm sure they'll add a premium for the Agile integration.
    Like I say, you can do the same with the basic Lux AC inverter and a bit of tinkering (which won't affect the warranty).
    Things have moved on - and sideways.
    Only one of the requests for quotes from the Lux inverter installers was answered - and that was by an email which said I'll call you later.  I replied to say 'Yes please and ASAP'
    Nothing happened. 
    Today I had a call from the installers who had given me the quote of £4,500 for the Sofar + 4 x Pylontech system.  I said call me later, I was hoping for another quote to come in.  Late this afternoon they called me back; I had still heard nothing from the Lux installers. So I paid my deposit.  Minutes later the Lux installer called.  I told him it was too late but asked what he would have charged.  He quoted for a system using either Pylontech or Uhome batteries with full Autocharge Agile features for a price £300 less than the Sofar system.
    Help! I have a 14 day cooling off period from the Sofar installers and the Lux system details he sent seem far in advance of the Sofar set-up. Do I cancel the Sofar system and go for the Lux? and what are the thoughts on the Uhome batteries - they appear to have a better specification than the Pylontech.
    Dave F
    Personally, I'd go for the Lux. The better inverter, imho, and if your getting it cheaper than the Sofar then it seems a no-brainer.
    The Uhome battery looks very similar to Pylontech although I've not heard much about them whereas Pylontechs are pretty popular and I haven't heard of any issues with them.
    Might be better to play safe with Pylontech in that case.
  • Starfrog
    Options
    most of I suspect lots of these batteries are all made in the same factory with the same spec such as the Aoboet as they are exactly the same as pylontech 
    ——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 5 x 2.4kwh = 12kWh Plyontech US2000C Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
  • Solarchaser
    Solarchaser Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Options
    Starfrog, yes 8 x 2.4kwh pylontech and 2x lux.

Dave I'd agree entirely with Scott,  the lux is a better unit, but I'd stick with pylontech as they have proved to be reliable 
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf, 75Kwh Tesla and Lux 3600 with 60Kwh storage
  • EVandPV
    edited 4 February 2021 at 9:55PM
    Options
    Starfrog said:
    most of I suspect lots of these batteries are all made in the same factory with the same spec such as the Aoboet as they are exactly the same as pylontech 
    Yeah I'd say so. The Aoboet appears to have a few more bells and whistles like wifi monitoring. The slightly higher charge/discharge rate might be a benefit if you only need 4.8kwh though.

https://www.homeswitch.co.uk/lux-aobo-storage-kits
  • Starfrog
    Options
    Yep agreed, they have a better spec, as for needing more that 4.8 well I think I need to wait and see but think if it’s easy to just add 2 more to give me 9.6kw then I might just do that as I think as the days get longer my solar array should easily recharge them for use in the evening. 
    ——-
  • EVandPV
    Options
    Starfrog said:
    Yep agreed, they have a better spec, as for needing more that 4.8 well I think I need to wait and see but think if it’s easy to just add 2 more to give me 9.6kw then I might just do that as I think as the days get longer my solar array should easily recharge them for use in the evening. 
    Very easy to add more. 
    I started with 4.8kwh but quickly realised the need for another 2.4kwh.
    3 Pylontechs gets you the full 3.6kw output from one inverter too whereas your limited to 2.4kw with 2 (1.2kw per battery).
    Gets a bit irritating seeing 1kw being imported every time the kettle goes on.  😁
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback