edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
2.2K replies 208.9K views

Replies

• EVandPVEVandPV Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Your right about a script, Octolux. https://github.com/celsworth/octolux
    It'll do the same thing as the Lux Power Pod and charge your batteries from the grid at the cheapest Octopus Agile times.
    If it looks like your Lux is grid charging, go onto the web portal (http://server.luxpowertek.com/WManage/web/monitor/inverter) and turn off grid charging on the 'maintain' tab. You can also do it on the app which your installer should have set up for you.
    Scott in Fife, 3kwp pv SSW facing, Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012
    7.2kwh Pylontech battery storage with Lux ac inverter
    Renault Zoe 40kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • StarfrogStarfrog Forumite
    151 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Is it normal for the pv to show power still going to the house  ? I have it set as off but still charges it when it’s below 10% I think. ? How exactly do I use the script ? I have so many questions but thank you for info 
    ——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 2 x 2.4kwh = 4.8kWh Aoboet Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
    151 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    This is the PV showing output ! Right now in the dark !! 
    ——-
    12 x JASolar 455w Panels (5.46kWp south facing array) Enphase Microinverters IQ7+, Lux AC ESS 3.6kW, 2 x 2.4kwh = 4.8kWh Aoboet Battery storage, Lochinver far North, west coast of Scotland 
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Starfrog said:
    Is it normal for the pv to show power still going to the house  ? I have it set as off but still charges it when it’s below 10% I think. ? How exactly do I use the script ? I have so many questions but thank you for info 
    Under the default configuration, your pv will supply your house with whatever power it needs first then any excess will charge your batteries. Once your batteries are full, any excess goes out to the grid.
    Your batteries shouldn't be charging below 10%. If they are,  check the discharge settings on the portal under 'maintain' and make sure the 'cut off SOC' is set to at least 10%. 
    You run the script from a Rasberry Pi using a cron schedule every 30 minutes. The instructions are all in the github.
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    If you post a screenshot of your settings, we can take a look a see if anything's not right.
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Starfrog said:
    This is the PV showing output ! Right now in the dark !! 
    That's definitely not right !
    I'm wondering if the installer has put a ct clamp in the wrong place. I'd get him back, asap.
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    793 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd agree with Scott, CT clamp looks to be in the wrong place
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf and Lux 3600 with 17kwh useable storage
    151 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Where should it be ? You can see the draw from the grid is minus the amount that the PV is showing it’s producing which ultimately will put all my figures and data wrong even if it is a few hundred watt over time. I’ll post the maintenance screen later 
    ——-
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    793 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    It should be on the positive lead of the incoming power from the solar inverter.

CT clamps are not 100% accurate anyway.
    A good rule of thumb is to assume they are 10% out.
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf and Lux 3600 with 17kwh useable storage
    151 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    in you dig it says 17kw of storage ? Battery ? 
    ——-