No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2016

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry about your granddad Gemma, I am pleased for you that you were able to get to see him. When the end came for my FIL he died just an hour or so after the last of his grand children visited him at the hospital, he had battled on for days longer than the medics expected, it was as if he had been waiting to see everyone.

Take care.
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Gemma.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandad gemma.

I have a little flurry of uu's

Right Guard Total Defence 5 Unscented - WMBA

Garnier 7 day intensive body lotion Shea 250ml - WBA but prefer the cocoa butter scent.

Philosophy Granny's Apple Pie Shower Gel 500ml - liked this but there are other scents of theirs which I prefer.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One TA:

Avon Care Cocoa Butter body lotion WNBA. I only reintroduced a few days ago, and already the skin on my legs is irritated from it. I thought it would be fine to use on my legs after a shower, but it's starting to cause a bad reaction.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Thank you all, it means a lot.

I think even though none of us know each other personally, it is a kind of tight-knit community here, which is nice :o
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news Gemma.

I have 3 UUs today after a morning pampering on my day off.

1 x Soap and Glory 2 in 1 face mask and peel - WPBA - I like this, it makes my face tingly but in a good way, and it really helps clear my skin up.

1 x Body Shop Frosted Plum body scrub - last year's Christmas present! I do love the smell and it's a good scrub.

1 x Nivea for men mini moisturiser tube - my boyfriend got given a load of these, but doesn't use moisturiser so I've been using them on my feet!
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, he's gone :(

My granddad passed this evening. At least he is no longer in pain. He is at rest now.

:(

Sorry for your loss
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Gemma. Take care xx

I've managed to reduce my stash slightly by taking part in the local annual shoebox campaign for DV victims (a subject close to my heart having been through it myself). I've donated toiletries and some makeup essentials.

I've been a bit disappointed with my advent calendar so far (the Sally Salon one) as some of the products I just won't use - fake eyelashes, nail transfers and brunette hair ties as examples. But it does mean I havn't added them to the stash so have passed them on. It also means I'll be finishing the year with less products than I started with, which is good.

I officially become a homeowner again next week (although not moving until January) so I now get to start decluttering/putting things in boxes ready for the move. After everything I've been through over the last few years this is a major thing for us and it'll be nice to start the new year on a high note.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ladies, I have no chance of catching up on the thread as work is manic. However just wanted you to know I'm still alive and still following the challenge if not able to post.

We were away in the Lake District last weekend and I used up travel sized shampoo and shower gel.

I've also donated a few travel sized shower gels, a lip balm and body spray to the homeless box that my work friend is collecting for (together with some wipes, tights and biscuits that I bought especially).

Really enjoying my Feelunique advent calender however as it only contans 12 windows I'm trying to eek out the openings. So far though I've enjoyed what I have found inside (3 windows opened so far).

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2016 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Sorry Gemma :'(

lynseydee I totally agree with your post :beer:

I am feeling rather smug as got rid of quite a few items recently. :T

1 UU - 100ml BS hemp hand cream. I love this, really works and at this time of year it's the best thing for my hands. WDBA (although whilst I was tidying found 12!! :eek: small tubes of it so won't be any time soon!!!) I have opened a tube of the BS absinthe hand lotion (as I couldn't find the other hemp tubes!! :o) and really like it. Nice and light and very pleasant scent.

I have also GA quite a few items/gift boxes for birthday presents and raffle prizes. Some S&G gift boxes from a few years ago. Totally over S&G now so glad to see them away (although I still have a couple of other smaller gift sets).
    I looked at my present box and decided now was the time to offload anything that was Christmasy in decoration! ;)
    I had a couple of other gifts I'd forgotten about but they can do for either Mother's Day to OH's mother or birthday gifts. Still horrifying when I see just how many tubes of facial wash, face cream, etc etc I still have.

Also put 2 facial scrub from Tesco into the food bank box. I thought this might be appreciated - I know a few people who receive items from the food bank and any items they receive is unappreciated and they have no idea what to do with a bag of spaghetti or tins of tomatoes!!! :mad: All they know if how to phone for a takeaway. :eek: Totally ungrateful and while I am a big supporter of charity I also feel in my area a lot of people don't help themselves and just wait for hand outs. Makes my blood boil :(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport