• getmyacttogether2016
    getmyacttogether2016 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 December 2016 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Hi everyone

More UU, GA & TA for me

UU
    10 pack moist wipes - wnba these were cheap and did not do a very good job.
    Superdrug makeup wipes - wnba didn't like these and did not do a good job.
    Aveda pure abundance volumizing clay conditioner 500ml - wmba but currently using up a couple of other brands I have in the cupboard.

GA
    Boots no7 eye base - I have lots of the urban decay so this is not getting used
    Maybelline colour tattoo 24k gold - not keen on the colour
    Collection extreme 24hr felt tip liner - have way too many Urban Decay liners to use.
    Urban decay lip pencil in ozone - have the thick primer pencil so do not need this one
    Urban decay mini eyeliner in cosmic - this is similary to yeyo which is full size

TA
    Lipcote lipstick sealer 7ml - this dried my lips out and ended up making them sore.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Gemma, but pleased you got to see your granddad before he passed. Look after yourself x
    I have some UUs, GAs and a TA
    UU
    5. Wax Lyrical Winter Walk candle WBA. I can only get this around Christmas so I might get a large one when I do hopefully my last Christmas shopping trip next weekend.
    6. Ikea white ‘Omtalad’ candle WBA. These are a bargain. Nice floral scent, burn well.
    7. Candle Belle Blue Hydrangea Mega Melt. WMBA. Not a favourite but nice.
    8. Cult 51 Moisturiser 10ml. Got this in last year's LF advent. Full size is £125. It is nice but not £125-nice!

I TA a Mac Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara sample size. I hated it. It was too wet, the brush was too stiff and long and I always made a mess with it. I'm not wasting any more time on a free sample.

The SLS-free route seems to be helping with my scalp so my mum picked out 2 full size shampoos and 4 minis from my stash so I have 6 GAs. I'd rather she used them than have an itchy scalp!

So December's going ok. I have got to go to Superdrug to get some make up for a present. I might order it though as then I'm less likely to add things for myself. I haven't looked at next week's Lush Kitchen menu properly yet but I'm going to try and resist.
    I've started keeping a note of things I want so I can look for them in the sales instead of buying them now. It also gives me some time to research them a bit and think about whether I'm actually that desperate for them.

Hope everyone's well! :)
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Gemma, but pleased you got to see your granddad before he passed. Look after yourself x
    I have some UUs, GAs and a TA
    UU
    5. Wax Lyrical Winter Walk candle WBA. I can only get this around Christmas so I might get a large one when I do hopefully my last Christmas shopping trip next weekend.
    6. Ikea white ‘Omtalad’ candle WBA. These are a bargain. Nice floral scent, burn well.
    7. Candle Belle Blue Hydrangea Mega Melt. WMBA. Not a favourite but nice.
    8. Cult 51 Moisturiser 10ml. Got this in last year's LF advent. Full size is £125. It is nice but not £125-nice!

I TA a Mac Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara sample size. I hated it. It was too wet, the brush was too stiff and long and I always made a mess with it. I'm not wasting any more time on a free sample.

The SLS-free route seems to be helping with my scalp so my mum picked out 2 full size shampoos and 4 minis from my stash so I have 6 GAs. I'd rather she used them than have an itchy scalp!

So December's going ok. I have got to go to Superdrug to get some make up for a present. I might order it though as then I'm less likely to add things for myself. I haven't looked at next week's Lush Kitchen menu properly yet but I'm going to try and resist.
    I've started keeping a note of things I want so I can look for them in the sales instead of buying them now. It also gives me some time to research them a bit and think about whether I'm actually that desperate for them.

Hope everyone's well! :)

Some very sensible planning there! Well done! I'm finding it hard to resist at this time of year but I like the idea of lost keeping for sales.
  • Lizzy22
    Options
    Need to be put on the naughty step as I have completely lost track of my INS. Didn't manage to log on since posting last month and UUs have sort of merged… I WILL get better at this!

Batiste Dry Shampoo Large Size : WBA HG.
    My Burberry Black sample: WBA but have a 90ml in the cupboard to crack open once i get more UUs.
    Jimmy Choo sample: WNBA
    Body Shop Smoky Poppy shower gel: WNBA the texture of this was awful, very sticky.
    Dior Nude Concealer : WBA, already busted out another from the stash.
    Simple Radiance Face Wipes/Simple Ordinary travel pack: WNBA didn't do the job.
    YSL Fusion Ink Foundation: WBA - such lovely results with very little effort.
    Estee Lauder little Black Primer Mini - WNBA but made some of my worse mascaras work betterhave a full size in stash so will get it used up.
    Loreal Pure Colour Condiitoner - WNBA loved the smell, didn't do much for my hair.
    Kiehls Blue Herbal Spot treatment - HG WBA, already another in the stash
    Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser - Undecided, sometimes my skin loved this, other times it dried me out.
    YSL Touche eclat - HG WBA, already another in the stash.

also TA some declor samples - I have no idea what any of them were for! a Kiko mascara and an old scuzzy urban decay perversion mascara. GA quite a few bits of lower end hair care and some body lotions in a box for the local shelter. Wouldn't be able to get through this all before it goes off so thought better put them to use!

Hope you are all well and sorry to hear about your loss Gemma, take care x
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    I have two tiny UUs to report
    Sample of Shu Umera Ultim8 facial cleansing oil WB if I can find some money too as this was really lush!!!
    Sample of Nude fizzy facial scrub stuff, like a dry powder. WB again if had the money my skin was sooooo smooth after
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    tube of e45 cream it was around for years. WNBA very basic and prefer oils. ogx shampoo is spluttering
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lizzy22 - I've heard good things about the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation.

I have some uu's

Rituals White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren Hand Scrub - I used this as body scrub and it did the job very well, lasted ages too.

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Foundation 30ml - I've had 3 or 4 of these in the last few years and really love it, you really cannot see it on the skin, of course it is now discontinued as all good products should be:(.

Also some ins

Philosophy Field of Flowers EDT 60ml
    Philosophy Summer Grace EDT 120ml
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    I have a couple of UUs not a fan of either
    Swarzkof gloss conditioner - WNB made my hair feel lank and not moisturised, didn't comb though nicely
    John Freda Frizz Ease something oil - WNB bottle drove me nuts hard to get final quarter of bottle out as pump didn't reach so had to keep unscrewing the lid towards end
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU
    Neutrogena T/Gel Sensitive Scalp Shampoo 125ml - This lasted months so I got a lot of use out of it for the money. It was effective for my dandruff. Have replaced with The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo.

Baylis & Harding Beauticology Strawberry Cupcake Shower Creme 100ml - Not a great fan of this. It smells like plastic and it dried out my skin a bit. I won this in a raffle but I wouldn't buy it. I have another mini B&H in the shower so I'll aim to use that up next.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Another (surprise) UU for the day. I didn't realise I had so little left.

UU
    Ted Baker London Hand Cream 50ml - This was great. I love the scent of Ted Baker products and the hand cream was softening and sunk in quickly. WBA. I still have lots of hand creams to use up but it's great that the supply is decreasing.

I'm now up to 200 UU for the year. I've reached my target so I'll just focus on using as much of the PP list as possible now.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure