Black Friday Console Deals

I figured we may as well have a thread to catch them all!

Here's one Ebay have at the moment:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PS4-Slim-1TB-Console-Uncharted-4-Driveclub-Ratchet-Clank-/172416317306?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D564376fee4b04bfcd902daf4%26rpp_icid%3D582d96bde4b0b13be3dc795d%26clkid%3D656161372520674959&_qi=RTM2327365

£239.99 for the PS4 Slim 1TB console with 3 games (Uncharted 4, Driveclub and Ratchet & Clank)

If you guys spot any cracking deals please post them here :beer:
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
«1

Replies

  • I posted this on another thread, but it collates all console deals, has all the consoles and good for looking at game bundles too.


    https://www.console-deals.com/blackfriday/
  • donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I believe Tesco have a PS4 pro with the latest cod for £332. Almost tempted myself but I am skint so best not.
  • jetplanejetplane Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am clueless in these consoles and games. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? PS4 1TB in Argos one with games one without, is there a reason why the one with games is cheaper and is it not as good a deal as it first looks? Thank you.

    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6262880

    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5639847
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    jetplane wrote: »
    I am clueless in these consoles and games. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? PS4 1TB in Argos one with games one without, is there a reason why the one with games is cheaper and is it not as good a deal as it first looks? Thank you.

    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6262880

    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5639847

    Maybe the bundle is cheaper as the games or at least last of us is at least a year old maybe more, unchartered 4 is earlier this year. Drive club is 2 years old i believe.

    Old bundle so reduced the price I guess.

    A hunch here but it might not be a slim model ps4 but the standard ps4 console.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Maybe the bundle is cheaper as the games or at least last of us is at least a year old maybe more, unchartered 4 is earlier this year. Drive club is 2 years old i believe.

    Old bundle so reduced the price I guess.

    A hunch here but it might not be a slim model ps4 but the standard ps4 console.

    Yes the cheaper ps4 with games is the old model. They arexdellingnoff old stock. Still a good deal and will play all ps4 games
  • edited 24 November 2016 at 9:24AM
    jetplanejetplane Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2016 at 9:24AM
    Thank you I am convinced that on collection it will either be 500gb or not the new slim model but the blurb says it is 1TB and slim and gives you the option of buying The Division for £10.
    It is for someone who has never played on a console since PS2 so older games may not be an issue and it is still cheaper with the games. I just feel there is a catch that, as a novice, I am unaware of.
    When you say older model can you tell me the difference as they look the same on the photograph? Thanks
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • jetplane everything about that deal says it's 1TB Slim, even the picture of the box and the picture of the console itself. It's Argos so they're trustworthy - I say go for it. Those games are brilliant too :)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • jetplane everything about that deal says it's 1TB Slim, even the picture of the box and the picture of the console itself. It's Argos so they're trustworthy - I say go for it. Those games are brilliant too :)

    you are right I just checked and the following is in the item description.


    The new, slimmer 1tb ps4. A jet black dualshock 4 wireless controller. A physical copy of uncharted™ 4: a thief's end on Blu-ray disc™. A physical copy of driveclub™ on Blu-ray disc™. A physical copy of the last of us™ remastered on Blu-ray disc™.


    definitely a brilliant deal then.
  • jetplane wrote: »
    Thank you I am convinced that on collection it will either be 500gb or not the new slim model but the blurb says it is 1TB and slim and gives you the option of buying The Division for £10.
    It is for someone who has never played on a console since PS2 so older games may not be an issue and it is still cheaper with the games. I just feel there is a catch that, as a novice, I am unaware of.
    When you say older model can you tell me the difference as they look the same on the photograph? Thanks


    it does indeed say slim on the description.
    reserve it and ask to see before you buy.
    Essentially it is the same console as the older model and will play the same games, but still it's always feels better getting a newer system plus games for cheaper than a standalone console.
  • edited 24 November 2016 at 6:38PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 6:38PM
    jetplane wrote: »
    Thank you I am convinced that on collection it will either be 500gb or not the new slim model but the blurb says it is 1TB and slim and gives you the option of buying The Division for £10.
    It is for someone who has never played on a console since PS2 so older games may not be an issue and it is still cheaper with the games. I just feel there is a catch that, as a novice, I am unaware of.
    When you say older model can you tell me the difference as they look the same on the photograph? Thanks

    You bought it yet ?

    The same bundle is on the argos ebay page for 225£ if it helps.

    Argos do have form for incorrect descriptions or the description isnt proof read.

    Saw it earlier on hukd.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals