XBox One S or PS4Pro or XBoxONE Elite?

Hi,

Can't decide which to go for. Any suggestions of which way to lean?

Have previously owned PS3 and Xbox360. I have friends on both systems.
Battlefield, Titanfall 2 are the two games I am most interested in.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 November 2016 at 11:00AM
    Hi,

Can't decide which to go for. Any suggestions of which way to lean?

Have previously owned PS3 and Xbox360. I have friends on both systems.
    Battlefield, Titanfall 2 are the two games I am most interested in.

Its a personal choice really.

Do you know anyone with a PS4 or an Xbox One S ?

Its been suggested you buy a console based on which 1 you know people have (it makes it more enjoyable).

The Xbox One Elite is the bigger (than the One S) black console with the Elite controller. The S is smaller, really is smaller plus its also 4K so if you have a 4k TV or looking to buy 1 at some point it could be something to consider.

An Xbox Live subscription can be had for about £30 if you look on the internet, you get 2 free games a month, can play some Xbox 360 games if you buy the discs or buy the digital version.

Id say Xbox but Im biased as I have an Xbox, the S is quiet. Not sure what else to say really.

Theres no need to add a credit/debit card to your account, you can buy the cards where you scratch the back off and enter the code
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Do you know anyone with a PS4 or an Xbox One S ?

Its been suggested you buy a console based on which 1 you know people have (it makes it more enjoyable).
    I have friends on both.
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    The Xbox One Elite is the bigger (than the One S) black console with the Elite controller. The S is smaller, really is smaller plus its also 4K so if you have a 4k TV or looking to buy 1 at some point it could be something to consider.
    No intention of getting a 4K tv (unless, when my current one gives up the ghost, a 4K one is the best value).
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Theres no need to add a credit/debit card to your account, you can buy the cards where you scratch the back off and enter the code
    I was aware that PSN and XBOX points can be bought on cards at most supermarkets.
  • If you have no intention of getting a 4k TV then you might be better off looking at either the "original" PS4 or "original" XboxOne this Black Friday because no doubt retailers will be flogging them cheap to make space for the newer versions in time for Christmas.

As for which one you go for, there are a few differences which you've already covered and 2 more:
    Exclusive games - Want to play stuff like The Last Of Us and Uncharted? Or stuff like Halo and Forza?
    Controllers - Although you can get Xbox-style controllers for PS4 and vice versa, that's one way in which they differ.

So if I were you I'd just go on which you can get the best price on.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • FredG
    FredG Posts: 213 Forumite
    If you're after Titanfall 2 it runs like a dream supersampled down on a 1080p TV on the PS4 Pro. It's a thing of beauty.
  • PS4 of course
    FREE Printable Invitation - Drevio.com | FREE Baby Shower Invitation - Beeshower.com | FREE Custom Invitation - Bagvania.com
  • The Xbox One S doesnt play games in 4K only dvd's
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 January 2017 at 6:52PM
    I would go for PS4 slim. 4K isn't worth the extra money. It has better exclusives than Xbox in my opinion. And get the 1tb version unless you are happy to potentially need to mess about with fitting a new bigger hd in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure