Teletext Holidays (also known as “Truly Travel Ltd”) - Do Not Use them

Options
124»

Comments

• di_hard
    di_hard Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My son and his partner booked a holiday from the uk to egypt with this company over the telephone. They were told that there would 'only be a couple of hours between a change of flights at istanbul'. After duly paying a £100 deposit, it now transpires that actually the wait is 5 hours! They were only going for a week and don't want to spend their holiday in an airport! They decided to cancel, but were told there would be a £300 cancellation fee to pay and now this has been increased to over £500 with the threat of legal action if they don't pay!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the cancellation fees will should be detailed as part of the contract and will be determined by how far before the holiday
    there is an article here https://ukcontact.center/cancel-teletext-guide/
    the cancellation fees will increase the closer to departure
  • di_hard
    Options
    Thank you, what do you know about misrepresentation?
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Options
    Why on earth would anyone book flights for a week to Egypt with connections when there are lots of direct, non-stop flights? Did they ask for flight timings when they booked, departure and arrival times might have warned them of the length of the journey with a stop in the Turkish equivalent of Luton in the middle?
    Teletext Holidays are not known for their generosity and presumably, this was the cheapest holiday they could find? I can understand their concern but they didn't ask the right questions, and I doubt they will get very far with Teletext Holidays if everyone else's reports are true
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    Why on earth would anyone book flights for a week to Egypt with connections when there are lots of direct, non-stop flights?
    If going to Sharm there are no direct flights as the ban appears to still be in place
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Options
    The ban is in place for a very good reason, that the British government does not accept the security situation at that airport is safe. Anyone who ignores that advice and chooses to fly with Pegasus or any other airline does so entirely at their own risk.
  • alderneygirl
    Options
    Due to fly on the 8th July. Flights cancelled mid may and I emailed hotel mid June who stated hotel was closed. Informed teletext via email and phone repeatedly with no helpful response. Holiday officially cancelled about 16hrs before flights should have gone. Now battling for cash refund and told I can only have credit note that can be exchanged for cash after 30th Sept. Appallingly customer service would never use again
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback