Teletext Holidays (also known as “Truly Travel Ltd”) - Do Not Use them

Options

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    You try and "UPGRADE" from B&B to Half Board and see if they'll give it to you for £20.

Even for next September the price of an upgrade from B&B to HB is only €34 (approx £29 at current rates) for 2 people for a week in a standard room.
  • dknnins
    dknnins Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2016 at 4:34PM
    Options
    Even for next September the price of an upgrade from B&B to HB is only €34 (approx £29 at current rates) for 2 people for a week in a standard room.

That's incredible. But not surprising with the quality of the food. Prefer to eat out........ Pay more, yes, but at least you'd get good quality food when eating out...........lol.........I'll do that in future

Having said that, I've seen much better deals for B&B only which puts more money back in the coffers for eating out.

Food aside, does not account for the dodgy room we were given.

Serves as an experience though...........Give myself time for research.......Never use bad hotels like this one..............And never travel with dodgy holiday companies like Teletext Holidays again.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Dknnis,

We are really sorry to read your comments and are arranging an urgent call to you from a member of our Customer Relations department.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dknnins
    dknnins Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Teletext wrote: »
    Hi Dknnis,

We are really sorry to read your comments and are arranging an urgent call to you from a member of our Customer Relations department.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays

*** The call did come and was told it will be looked into.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Dknnins,

Glad to hear you have been called.

Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Savvic
    Options
    So Teletext Holidays, where exactly is a customer meant to contact to get a complaint dealt with as I emailed your support team on Monday (no response) and I emailed your Customer Relations team on Tuesday (again no response)?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Savvic - welcome to the forums.

I think you need to have patience with regard to the response timeframes that holiday companies work to. I am afraid to tell you that most seem to work to a 28 day response time for post departure complaints. Even then that time frame might see an acknowledgement of your complaint rather than a conclusion.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks like tempting fate to name a hotel Esplendid.
  • dee_hill
    Options
    Here's a quick and simple example of how NEVER to place a booking thro Teletext: in seeking to extend my stay abroad I contacted the ENTITY known as Teletext who,after 30 mins 'live chat' said 'huge chats' so someone would call me back. I gave mobile and hotel no and room. No call that day.
    Got online first thing next day having already ascertained from the airline that there was availability and price of seats; tried to make booking change utilising the 50 euro charge for admin but said that Teletext were the only authorised party as they 'controlled the booking'. I contact Teletext again to be advised they would call me within the hour. Call came but cut off. I went back online. Promised another call but none came. Went back online pm that day promised call within an hour. Waited. No call. Call to hotel came 4 hours later by which time I had already made a new reservation at unnecessary cost directly with airline as NO FAITH in Teletext (or Truly Travel Ltd). This is a firm who likes to take your money but when no real money is made in handling your booking, they drop you despite requirement. I could cope with that IF THEY TOOK THEMSELVES OFF CONTROL of my airline booking. SO FULL SERVICE? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! This is a very poor company whose staff are trained NEVER (I asked 6 times where my online chat agent was writing from - INDIA). I note that one of the key directors of the UK company Truly Travel Ltd has indian nationality. Clearly the company operates from India (customer services/bookings) yet does not comply with UK requirements regarding customer service in controlling a client's reservation with airlines.

I am going to take them to court as this irregularity needs profiling at a higher level for the nation.
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think we all know about Teletext............
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback