Teletext Holidays (also known as “Truly Travel Ltd”) - Do Not Use them

Options

Comments

• dknnins
    dknnins Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you.

Where do I find this "haggling" thread?

Do you have a link or is it the one you have already provided?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't think you need to post it again. Your experience has been noted.
    You have already posted it twice on two threads. Posting a third time could be deemed as SPAM.
  • dknnins
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    Duly noted.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Dknnins,

We are really sorry to read your comments. Can we get your TT booking reference number so we can look into this please?

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dknnins
    Options
    Teletext wrote: »
    Hi Dknnins,

We are really sorry to read your comments. Can we get your TT booking reference number so we can look into this please?

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays

Yes, of course, happy to - TT400106

But, I'll tell you in advance, you have already been given the opportunity to look into it, and you have given your answer, which after all the information and photographic evidence I painstakingly took the time to send you, you have given the the usual "brush off" you appear to give to the majority of your customers who have genuine complaints like mine, hence the reason for going public, because everyone in the world needs to know what a dreadful company you are to do business with.

You have a real opportunity here to make things right - So make things right. Show the world you are a GOOD company to do business with.
  • lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm struggling to see how this is all the fault of truly travel?

You booked a hotel that you didn't like, but that by
    All accounts has poor reviews so had you bothered to check then you likely wouldn't have booked it. Yes truly travel told you it was the best hotel but they work on commission so were hardly going to tell you the truth. A quick check would have stopped this before you got there.

The transfer sounds like a nightmare and rather lengthy. I agree that they should have told you about the time and an apology is owed for that.

The refund of £20 is probably the price difference between bed and breakfast. Yes it sounds cheap but sometimes the price difference between board types is nominal and it's truly a case of you get what you pay for.

If you wanted a better quality hotel then yes you should be expected to pay for it. Why should truly pay for something that you didn't like and didn't research? I don't think you'll get any further than this and should just learn from it and move on.

Next time do your research before you book anything.
    Lea :confused:
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2016 at 11:13AM
    Options
    lea2012 wrote: »

All accounts has poor reviews so had you bothered to check then you likely wouldn't have booked it. Yes truly travel told you it was the best hotel but they work on commission so were hardly going to tell you the truth. A quick check would have stopped this before you got there.

The transfer sounds like a nightmare and rather lengthy. I agree that they should have told you about the time and an apology is owed for that.

The refund of £20 is probably the price difference between bed and breakfast. Yes it sounds cheap but sometimes the price difference between board types is nominal and it's truly a case of you get what you pay for.

If you wanted a better quality hotel then yes you should be expected to pay for it. Why should truly pay for something that you didn't like and didn't research? I don't think you'll get any further than this and should just learn from it and move on.

Never believe a travel agent, they don't know you or your standards.
    I have to say the quality of the food is pretty much my first criteria.
    Op are you new to booking holidays?
  • dknnins
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Never believe a travel agent, they don't know you or your standards.
    I have to say the quality of the food is pretty much my first criteria.
    Op are you new to booking holidays?

Am I new to booking holidays?.......no, not really, and never really had an awful experience like this one, but I suspected that one day I would as many people have. I booked this holiday on the spur of the moment.....literally...............We'd come back from one holiday only a couple of days before. Decided that we still had one week left before going back to work and therefore we'd go off somewhere else.

We did it all very quickly. We booked on the Monday and flew out the next day, Tuesday.

Little / No time for research.

As I've said previously - My own fault really.

Had I had or given it more time, them this could have been averted.

But, I've learned my lessons to take my time, do my reasearch, and certainly never to give my money to dreadful companies like Teletext Holidays so readily.
  • dknnins
    edited 14 November 2016 at 10:34AM
    Options
    lea2012 wrote: »

I can't believe I'm getting told off.........lol

You wait until you have a bad holiday and try and get some money back. I suspect your tone will change rather rapidly.

Oh, and by-the-way: If you think the post downgrade £20 offer was reasonable as it would sound like you do? You try and "UPGRADE" from B&B to Half Board and see if they'll give it to you for £20.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a feeling things started off in a bad way by asking for £200 back.

I doubt on a last minute out of season holiday in a 3* hotel in one of the cheaper Spanish Costa's that the hotel is even getting that for the full duration of the AI stay.

What did you pay pp?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure