Hastings Direct - USELESS!

Options

Comments

• seaurchin
    Options
    They sent me an email:
    We're sorry you're leaving us
    Thank you for your recent call telling us that you no longer wish to renew your car policy.
    Your insurance policy will come to an end on 19th February 2017.
    You can find confirmation of your no claims discount on page 2...
    Nothing about my card details though. I know RBS won't talk to me about this. I'm wondering if I should report it to my bank though. Previous insurers have been quite happy to remove my payment card details. The payment for my new insurance is showing as a difference between my balance and available balance. Do you think I should contact my new insurer and ask them to remove my card details?
  • seaurchin
    Options
    I did contact my new insurer Churchill whose agent happily removed my card details after taking a few details to confirm my identity.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been with Hastings for a few years now without any issues they were very helpful with both non fault claims i have been involved with in the past 2 yrs.
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    seaurchin wrote: »
    My car insurance with Hastings Direct is due for renewal shortly but I have accepted a quote from another provider.
    The renewal letter states that the policy will be automatically renewed unless I contact them. I have been told by an advisor at their call centre that my policy will not be renewed but that they are unable to remove my debit card details as these are held by RBS. Is this normal? Is there no way that I can get these details removed?

You can contact your debit card provider and request they block future payments to Hastings. They will ask when the last payment was and for how much. They must stop payments if you ask them to. Nothing like belt and braces; too many insurers helping themselves to money these days and then its a right song and dance trying to get it back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    seaurchin wrote: »
    They sent me an email:
    Nothing about my card details though. I know RBS won't talk to me about this. I'm wondering if I should report it to my bank though. Previous insurers have been quite happy to remove my payment card details. The payment for my new insurance is showing as a difference between my balance and available balance. Do you think I should contact my new insurer and ask them to remove my card details?

Report what exactly? And I'm puzzled as to why you want to remove your payment details from your new insurers?
  • septemberblues
    Options
    I've been with Hastings Direct for two years (have literally just renewed with them two weeks ago). I had someone smash into my car overnight AND not leave any details last summer, Hastings were amazing! They came and collected the car next day, left a replacement vehicle and sorted everything out. I've only lost two years no claims even though I didn't protect it, when the renewal came up I rang them and said it was too expensive (I've got a new (to me) car), and they dropped the quote by several hundred after I said I would go else where......I love them!!

As for Direct Line, I will never use them again after I got my house insurance with them through Quidco last October. I was due a £45 cashback from quidco and Direct Line......but Direct Line won't pay out.
    So don't think they are amazing.....as far as I'm concerned they are a bunch of crooks 😮
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • Chavez121
    Options
    I think HastingsDIRECT need to give me a job as a claim handler
    The idiots they have are not interested in fighting for their customers
    We had an accident where turned right and got hit by vehicle who was in (wait for it) right lane turn only opposite carriageway. .who decided to put his foot down to cut across traffic on his left colliding with us

Hastings finest placed blame on us.. cctv footage shows the incident unfold

It appears that the big boys have staff that file claims inappropriately
  • Chavez121
    Options
    I think HastingsDIRECT need to give me a job as a claim handler
    The idiots they have are not interested in fighting for their customers
    We had an accident where turned right and got hit by vehicle who was in (wait for it) right lane turn only opposite carriageway. .who decided to put his foot down to cut across traffic on his left colliding with us

Hastings finest placed blame on us.. cctv footage shows the incident unfold

It appears that the big boys have staff that file claims inappropriately
  • traceytrccn
    Options
    Avoid Hastings Direct, I was involved in an accident on the way home from holiday with my 2 children. They left us stranded 2 hours away from home with all our luggage and I ended up paying for the travel home!! to top it off I wasnt entitled to a courtesy car which was in my POLICY BENEFITS as apparantly my car was classed as a loss before even being looked at?? To say im fuming is an understatement, what exactly have I been paying fully comprehensive for? and I ended up paying them money - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE OR THOUROUGHLY CHECK EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL BE COVERED FOR as welcome letter is very misleading!! all i got from this insurance was in debt!! Its a joke!!!
  • Dia75012
    Dia75012 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wish I has seen this before I insured with Hastings. I was involved in a claim. I sent 9 emails without any response (this is when THEY had requested information from me and provided a specific named person to respond to). I even tried contacting the generic customer care email address, providing quote reference, etc and still got no reply. Average 45 minute wait on phone calls and when you do get through, person who is working on the claim is not available. So a callback is arranged. On six different occasions I was promised a call back and on not one occasion did they ring back.

My claim is still showing as "open" in my account, even though I was contacted two months ago to say it had been settled. When I have tried to query this status via email to my claims handler, I get no response.

Hastings obviously prefer not to have any direct contact with their customers and because of this I will never insure with them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure