CCJ no longer pursued but...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    If the case has been discontinued, then no judgement would of been made, hence you would not have a judgement on your credit file.

The letter didn't say the case had been discontinued. It said "no longer being pursued".

To me, that suggests there is a CCJ, but the creditor has given up any hope of ever recovering the money, and has stopped trying.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 November 2016 at 4:27PM
    Options
    bob , there are 2 things here , firstly a CCJ from CEL , the parking Co AND a letter of discontinuance from DEAL , who are a shady company that supposedly bought 88% of the alledged debt from CEL

the letter of discontinuance

" I had a "notice of discontinuance" sent to me in October 2015 from debt enforcement and action ltd "

the problem is that DEAL were an inactive company at this point in time , so how come they were doing business?

there is also another thing , a huge court case with over 50 coop members of staff , this was going to be a test case , but now disappeared , this case (if the coop paid DEAL/CEL off) has not helped the hundreds of coop customers cought up in this , when the Coop fired CEL

if you are a shareholder in the coop , I would be asking where a big lump of money went to ? , does the coop pay off all blackmailers like this?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    I'm fairly certain they are both related as I'm sure I checked the dates and they tied in.. I've cancelled my Experian membership so at present have no way of checking (unless I use a different co) are there any free ones?

I'm confused as to know what to do! Any way I do it will cost money won't it? And not having the original paperwork won't help me.

If I can get a free credit report at least I can tell if the numbers definitely correspond to the same issue
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    noddle ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    The exact wording of the letter is:

We are no longer pursuing the parking charge notice originally issued to you and enclose a notice of discontinuance of the court action which was being taken against you. This matter is now closed.

Then at the bottom of the letter it says

This letter only applies if judgement has not been requested/obtained

There is a claim reference number on the actual notice..
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Middle basically shows me my rating is pants then :( it doesn't go into detail without paying for it
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have forwarded a link of this thread to the author of the article posted esarlier , he has expressed intered and may well PM you asking for more info , this person also has the correct procedure and wording for a set aside

the more I read this thread it seems that there are/were 2 cases , one which went to court (ccj) and another one that has been discontinued , as advised earlier , if you wish to get a set aside , you should post on the parking forum for help

default CCJs are now being called "credit clamping" and has been mentioned in the telegraph and indeed out prime minister says she will get involved to stop this

please read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Middle basically shows me my rating is pants then :( it doesn't go into detail without paying for it

noddle should show any ccj,s you have that info is free this comes under my credit report/public information
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Thank you. I just tried getting a detailed credit report but Noddle only gives you your score and no detail unless you pay it looks like. I'll try and get on Experian or rquifax again and check the numbers correlate. Thank you for your help - will look into that thread shortly :)
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Ignore me - I was on my phone and have logged in on the PC and it now shows more. The reference numbers DO NOT match.. should they?!

Also really annoyed as noticed it shows I'm not on the electoral roll! I AM!! and made sure I got this right last year - so why does Noddle show me as not being listed since 2014?! I fill out the paperwork every year and send it back
    To the council! I'm even more annoyed now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure