CCJ no longer pursued but...

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , let me do some research , expect a fellow member to contact you on this thread to ask some more questions

basicly ,, http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/cel-turn-up-to-court-50-cases-of.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    That makes interesting reading! So perhaps that's why there has been a letter of discontinuance if there were no grounds for the fine to be applied?

Still doesn't help with my CCJ though I guess.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am doing some emailing as we speak

that case was adjurned , the adjurned then disappeared , no one would of could tell is what was happrning

please can you give us an accurate date of the parking ticket , did you get any letters saying the file had been sold to DEAL and what date was that CCJ issued ?

more info you can give , easier it makes this , and a proper report on the actions of DEAL
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 November 2016 at 1:09AM
    Options
    You can get the CCJ set aside - which wipes it off your record, which is what you need - as you have only just found out about it really.

Here is an example of how to achieve that:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5544358
    I've probably missed the deadline now as it's been over a year.
    You won't know till you try. In fact when you got the 'Notice of Discontinuance' you genuinely didn't know what on earth it was even about and had never made a contract with any firm called DEAL. So is it true to say that in fact because you didn't know what the letter meant, you only found out/understood about this CCJ now?

You should start a thread on the parking tickets sub-forum (the same one the above case is on). We deal with these a fair bit and assist with defences to see off parking firms in most cases. We don't just do appeals that win, you know! Come over and post.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Well the long and short of it was, I knew about the ticket as the letters reached me, but my friend who has had parking tickets told me to ignore them because they had no grounds to pursue as it's a private parking company.. so in the move I got rid of them as I hadn't heard anything from them in months. The next thing I knew about it was when I checked my credit report and saw I had a CCJ on there; followed a few months later by the letter of discontinuance. I'm not sure I received a letter saying the file had been sold to DEAL.

I'm at a loss of how to fight this really... I'm not that strong a character to stand up for myself :(
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well the long and short of it was, I knew about the ticket as the letters reached me, but my friend who has had parking tickets told me to ignore them because they had no grounds to pursue as it's a private parking company.. so in the move I got rid of them as I hadn't heard anything from them in months. The next thing I knew about it was when I checked my credit report and saw I had a CCJ on there; followed a few months later by the letter of discontinuance. I'm not sure I received a letter saying the file had been sold to DEAL.

I'm at a loss of how to fight this really... I'm not that strong a character to stand up for myself :(

stream_img.jpg
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just found the paperwork, I had a "notice of discontinuance" sent to me in October 2015 from debt enforcement and action ltd

A notice of discontinuance normally means that there has been a court claim, it has been defended and the claimant has given up - i.e before the judgement.

Are you sure the ccj and the notice of discontinuance have the same court reference, or could they be two different things.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well the long and short of it was, I knew about the ticket as the letters reached me

But did you receive a summons?

If not, then you were unaware you were being sued, so were unable to defend it, or pay the amount you were being sued for.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,974 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If the case has been discontinued, then no judgement would of been made, hence you would not have a judgement on your credit file.

I suspect you may have two issues going on here, the CCJ may be for something else entirely.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    If the case has been discontinued, then no judgement would of been made, hence you would not have a judgement on your credit file.

I suspect you may have two issues going on here, the CCJ may be for something else entirely.

correct , and I have asked the OP for dates , the CEL/DEAL case has mysteriously been lost and not reported , I was hoping to get to the bottom of this
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family