"Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10"

Options

Comments

• Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please can I join this challenge? I have been lurking generally on the forum for many years and have only just registered today. Thanks

[Quote=*Jellie*]Happy new year all. Please can I join the challenge?[/quote]
    Happy new year everyone. Can I join please, £5.00 put away today into savings account.
    Could I please join? I'm intending to save the new £5 notes and have managed to find 2 last week that I've put away.
    Debra wrote:
    Could I be added please? It's my first time doing the Sealed Pot Challenge, and I've still to find a suitable jar/pot.

[Quote=HoneyBee83]Good afternoon all. Could I be added please?[/quote]

A very warm welcome to you, lottielottie No 034, *Jellie* No 039, Treasurequeen No 040, 3forholidays No 043, Debra No 044 and HoneyBee83 No 049! :D It's lovely to have you with us. Enjoy yourselves saving, posting and join in the banter with us. You'll find your numbers above alongside your names as well as on the list on the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We empty our pots and declare our savings in November, please make a note of next year's date: 2nd Nov '17.
    Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away.

*Please pop your numbers on your sigs, it really helps.

Daddybear85 You're fortunate in still having your own number which is 076 :DLet's hope 2017 is a better one than 2016

parksandrec your Target of £100 has been updated, all the best in reaching it. :D

dinglefoot - you're fortunate as your No is still the same as it was No 113

Very many thanks 32b3 and mrs-moneypenny for welcoming members aboard and welcoming some home. A shiny gold star for both of you! :staradmin :staradmin

Sorry peaceandfreedom, but I didn't think you were returning so I've had to give your old No away, but your new No 042 ;)

Hello again nu1isit?! :j I couldn't really believe you weren't coming back anymore. It's so good to see you and I hope you, your wife and the girls had a wonderful Christmas. Sorry I had to let your old number go, but here's another for you; your new No is 050.

Very well done, donkids, you're back in the swing of things! Stick with us and you'll do well!

Haven't you saved well too, beach-holiday, I got the impression you're determined which is great! :D

You're welcome Iheart, it's so good to see you sprinting off to save as well as possible! :D

Playing safe is the best way Florence and fingers crossed you're able to pot the majority of it!

You're most welcome YetAgain, good luck with getting your No on, if you need any help please just ask.

I had a feeling you'd return wealthygirl so please just carry on saving. All the best for a far more prosperous 2017!!

Thanks so much for your lovely wishes, Lynne, I wish you and yours exactly the same! Thanks for the news about the special £5 notes - though I wonder if any have been potted!!!

The very same to you also, mandz, good to know you're keeping up the good work. Your dear mum did the same as many have done in the hope that the new year would make good the money from the previous year. So many used to do the same with coal in the hope they wouldn't go cold. My mum used to do the very same as yours, bless them both. :):)

A very happy new year to you also, mummytummy.... :j

..... you too cattysmum!

A really good start MLE007!!

A happy new year for you as well, Chutney! A good start to saving for it for you too I see!

I quite agree re the £2 coins Miss D M! All the best for you in the year ahead too.

A perfect start to the year saving wise, Louby. Best wishes for the year ahead for you also.

Thanks for updating your siggy for me, Rancid, it's lovely to see your name back on the list. A very happy new year to you! :dance:

Hi Hicksy! I agree we'll need to be careful with the old coins once the new are in, but I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Re the introduction of the new coins, Potters, to give everyone peace of mind, how about saving the current ones in a separate pot so we can easily get to them and bank them when the new are in and replace their value in our sealed pots!

Happy new year Iammumtoone, and here's hoping your 50p does you proud! :j

That's some really great saving, AJGray! Please see my note above with regards to the new coins. Happy new year to you also!

It's high time you showed your face, jakes-mum! :mad: Not even Merry Christmas from you! Still, I'll forgive you just this once! :naughty:

Happy new year to you too Bubbs...

.... you also Dragon Lily! See my note above re the new/old coins.

I'm so pleased you so thoroughly enjoyed a really relaxing Christmas, owlet!! Thanks for your very sensible take on the new coins! :D

Well saved 32b3, good to see you're not panicking about the coins. ;) So, I take it you don't relish the idea of office sharing again. Ah, it's always good to have your own space.

Not too shabby at all, Saver-upper, great savings in fact....

....and yet another very good saver, Fivebyfive!! :D

It's my pleasure Vicky, a very happy new year to you too!

Thanks for your advice on the coins which will gradually go out, Westie.

I really don't blame you with switching off, siju, as it's the only way you can truly relax. I put a post on just before Christmas and another prior to new year's eve then that's it until today. ;) Very well saved!

It's ok sexyshark as they will still be able to be exchanged at the bank, but if you're at all worried then please see my note above.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, folks,
    but I've had a he*l of a job on the first membership post, so some of you who were towards the end of that post will now find yourselves at the start of the second membership post. Sorry but nothing else I could do and it's taken me all ruddy morning due to :money: Towers!!!!!! :mad:

Have a lovely day, SPCers, stay safe, healthy and potting!!! :j

Sue xx

2nd November is the opening date for 2017.

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.

Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I said I'd post more then didn't - oh dear!

Well I'm back from Ireland now to my home abroad, very sad and a bit upset. I want to go back but we still have so much to save before we leave here for our house.

Anyways, I've potted €5 this morning, so that's a start. I'll be potting much more from now on
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • Jellyb
    Jellyb Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally decided to get going - £2.50 in!
    Sealed Pot Challenge -13 No 080
    Target £500 - £493.11 to go!

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the star sue.

Hope everyone is well

Put some shrapnel from the depths of my handbag into the coin jar.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sue-UU wrote: »
    Sorry to keep you all waiting, folks, but I've had a he*l of a job on the first membership post, so some of you who were towards the end of that post will now find yourselves at the start of the second membership post. Sorry but nothing else I could do and it's taken me all ruddy morning due to :money: Towers!!!!!! :mad:

Not a problem Sue - I'm at the top of page 2, that will do me :)

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • dinglefoot
    dinglefoot Posts: 2,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I drew out £20 from the cash machine this evening so I'd have change from the supermarkets to put in my pot :D

After successfully persuading myself to not buy the unicorn slippers in Aldi (I wanted them, I didn't need them), I had £3.70 left over which has gone in the pot :)

Thanks Sue, I was pleased to see my number was still there on the front page when I checked upon my return :D
    SPC '21 #075
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    Options
    dinglefoot wrote: »
    ...After successfully persuading myself to not buy the unicorn slippers in Aldi...

Clearly you have far more self control than me. Can't beat unicorn slippers (unless of course there's a ladybird onesie and star deedeeboppers on offer) :D

£2 egg money potted, but the girls have slowed down following a month of confinement due to the avian flu alert by DEFRA. Should be OK to let them roam again at the weekend, so production, and therefore sales, should increase once more.
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for my number Sue. I've added my SPC number to my signature as requested. Got to go shopping this weekend so hopefully will get some plastic £5's in my change. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • dinglefoot
    dinglefoot Posts: 2,234 Forumite
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Clearly you have far more self control than me. Can't beat unicorn slippers (unless of course there's a ladybird onesie and star deedeeboppers on offer) :D

I agree - and it was very difficult (in fact, I keep thinking of going back to get them) :rotfl:
    SPC '21 #075
  • HoneyBee83
    Options
    Morning all,
    Put my daily pennies into my pot this morning.
    Seeing as the date for final tally is 2nd Nov, I'm wondering if I need to open my pot then too? My challenge is for 365 days...I suppose I could do a count up, see how well I have stuck to the challenge.
    This sealed pot challenge has rubbed off on DD, she has her own pot for lose change. Notes, £2, £1 and 50p she is keeping in her piggy bank but all others are being saved. I can imagine her looking for pennies when visiting the grand parents lol Never too young to start!
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills