IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

** DOUBLE-DIP PARKING - List of cases **

Options

Comments

• ami86
    Options
    Just realised I have my car on my CCTV parked in our driveway during some of the time when they say it is supposed to be in their carpark! If there is some way I can sue the !!!! out of them for wasting our time then please let me know. Thanks.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Appeal, providing stills showing this proof

Demand they cancel the charge and show how their system will be rectified to,avoid these double dip errors.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 December 2017 at 7:18PM
    Options
    ami86 wrote: »
    Just realised I have my car on my CCTV parked in our driveway during some of the time when they say it is supposed to be in their carpark! If there is some way I can sue the !!!! out of them for wasting our time then please let me know. Thanks.

Interesting.

I would write to the CEO of sainsbury's with your CCTV
    proof

Mr Mike Coupe Chief Executive

Email mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

You need to know why the parking company he employs
    are scamming people with fake ANPR data. Plus, how many
    of his customers are being scammed by the PPC

Remind him that this would be a data breach and as he is
    responsible for his agents, you will be looking at Sainsburys
    for compensation.
    Instruct him to cancel the charge and ask him what he
    will do regarding compensation which in court would range
    from £250 to £750 and maybe more.

Send a copy of your letter to the parking company.

Then, contact your local newspaper with the story to expose
    this and to warn others about faulty ANPR

No p*ssy footing around on this, make the CEO understand
    just how serious this is. Let him do the hard work

All this is far better than suing them and far quicker ... and cheaper

Let us know
  • ami86
    ami86 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 December 2017 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Thanks!

I had already emailed CEO before I realised I had the CCTV footage so will just have to wait for his reply now (or the reply from one of his minions). Have sent off an appeal email to the parking company so hopefully that will get cancelled and also going to see if I have time some time next week to go into the store as apparently the manager can get it cancelled too. Have taken photographs of the CCTV images on my TV as I don't know how to get the stills off there otherwise.
    Feeling a bit down as also posted message to CEO on sainsbury's facebook and some guy attacking me saying I'm making too much of a fuss by emailing CEO.
    The sad thing is that my dad would have actually paid this if I had been away on holiday or something. Don't know how many other vulnerable people out there would have done the same.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ami86, are you planning on starting your own thread?

It is going to get complicated if everyone who seeks help on double dip issues does so on this thread.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 December 2017 at 9:24PM
    Options
    ami86 wrote: »
    Thanks!

I had already emailed CEO before I realised I had the CCTV footage so will just have to wait for his reply now (or the reply from one of his minions). Have sent off an appeal email to the parking company so hopefully that will get cancelled and also going to see if I have time some time next week to go into the store as apparently the manager can get it cancelled too. Have taken photographs of the CCTV images on my TV as I don't know how to get the stills off there otherwise.
    Feeling a bit down as also posted message to CEO on sainsbury's facebook and some guy attacking me saying I'm making too much of a fuss by emailing CEO.
    The sad thing is that my dad would have actually paid this if I had been away on holiday or something. Don't know how many other vulnerable people out there would have done the same.

Your CCTV will have come with software to load on
    your computer, you can print from that software or copy
    it to produce an MPEG movie file

As we know, facebook produces trolls and that troll
    probably works for Sainsburys

As said above to continue this you must start your
    own thread
  • Ste-nova_2
    Options
    Hi, first post for me :D

I’ve just had a charge through for a double dip, first entry was early morning then they where I purchased items with a stay of 5 mins, then a visit later in the evening where I purchased nothing as I was pulled over by the police and it was the first place to stop, police have no record of the stop and can’t do much without the reg plate of th police car, the location has cctv and the manager has been asked to see if it shows i’m not hopeful, do I have any chance at all ?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Of course you stand a chance. Use the templates in the Newbies thread for other reasons to have it cancelled.
  • Ste_nova
    Options
    Sorry I!!!8217;m back, I had to reregister due to password issues, the police have now found the info and I have a letter from the cop that pulled me (a chief inspector if that matters) confirming I was on the motorway not in the carpark at the time the notice says I was, should I just send in the generic appeal saying they must have made a mistake and hope they take me to court? I!!!8217;m guessing they have breached the dpa too? Sorry for replying here I!!!8217;m new at this stuff but this one is too good to just pay it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry I!!!8217;m back, I had to reregister due to password issues, the police have now found the info and I have a letter from the cop that pulled me (a chief inspector if that matters) confirming I was on the motorway not in the carpark at the time the notice says I was, should I just send in the generic appeal saying they must have made a mistake and hope they take me to court? I!!!8217;m guessing they have breached the dpa too? Sorry for replying here I!!!8217;m new at this stuff but this one is too good to just pay it

Which parking company?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport