IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

** DOUBLE-DIP PARKING - List of cases **

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ste_nova, are you planning on starting your own thread?

It is going to get complicated if everyone who seeks help on double dip issues does so on this thread.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ +1 ^^. Agreed. Tell us who the PPC is in your new thread, not here please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • barbara_harley
    Options
    On Saturday 10th February I received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye stating that I had parked on a local Morrisons car park on 31/01/18 at 17.36 and left the following day at 15.02.This was 2 separate visits, the first on my way home from work at a time when a ticket did not need to be purchased and the second the following day when I did need a ticket and luckily still had this in my car. The ticket was paid for at 14.51 and as I only visited Morrisons for a few items left at the time stated by Parking Eye of 15.02.I have appealed to Parking Eye online on 10/02/18 and attached a copy of the relevant ticket and also rang Morrisons and got an e-mail from them to reply to with the basis of my complaint against Parking Eye.As my car is parked on a drive at the front of my house and is visible to my neighbours I can provide evidence that my car was in fact parked overnight and the following morning.The date of 31 January is my wedding anniversary so is an evening I can recall quite well.
  • DSC-RX100
    Options
    I took my wife and child to a Jump Rush trampoline session. As I drove in the car park entrance I saw the parking eye signs and cameras, and decided I wasn’t going to park there and immediately reversed out again (time 17:07). I dropped my child and wife off on the pavement and went to park elsewhere. I then joined them at Jump Rush on foot. While I was there the staff informed me that there was 3 hours of free parking as a jump rush customer so I could park next time. After the session had finished I went to get the car to pick up my wife and child. Having had the conversation with the staff I felt safe driving into the car park to pick them up as 10 minute drop offs are permitted anyway. I then exited and we carried on our day (time 19:08).
    So you know what’s coming next! Yes, a Parking Charge Notice for £100 from ParkingEye with an arrival time of 17:07 and a departure time of 19:08. In hindsight, in some respects I was my own worst enemy, however, I didn’t park there full stop. I have no proof of anything except the entry ticket to jump rush that only proves I was there. There’s no way I’m going to pay, I never will. I’ve read a huge amount on the forums and wouldn’t know where to start to appeal, and really don’t have the time or inclination to do so.
    I should be innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. They should have a record of every entry and departure for every car, not just selective ones that reap the rewards, and it should be up to their fantastic camera and computer system to figure out that I didn’t park there. Bunch of maggots.
  • Umkomaas
    edited 17 July 2018 at 2:17PM
    Options
    I've read a huge amount on the forums and wouldn't know where to start to appeal, and really don't have the time or inclination to do so.
    Unless you deal with this, the ante will be ratcheted up with the potential, if you ignore everything, for a default CCJ against you and your credit trashed for 6 years.

Please start a thread of your own if you need more help (nothing further on this thread) after reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, which explains how to deal with the charge you've received.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• FullBodyBag
    Options
    Hi,

To add to the list, I have been sent a charge notice for overstaying at Tesco. Arrival 15:00, departure at 21:30. Have confirmed that it was my partner visiting initially for 30-45 minutes and then myself in the evening at 21:00.

Have submitted an appeal asking them to check their ANPR system as I know we visited separately, but not submitted my evidence to back this up yet.

As I have both our google timeline maps showing that they were different visits, I am wondering if I should submit this now, while the appeal is being considered. Personally, I think they should have to prove what I state happened is not true rather than me prove they have "got it wrong".

Considering next steps should the appeal fail. I expect a visit to see the Tesco manager with my google maps will get it overturned, but would like some advice on whether I should submit a POPLA appeal and then go the court route, with my evidence available. Also, should I submit a SAR for the camera records for the times I know we entered and exited the car park ?

TIA

FBB
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

To add to the list, I have been sent a charge notice for overstaying at Tesco.
    All good so far, but what parking company is it?

I would go in with a complaint to the CEO just referencing the fact that your vehicle received a parking charge for an apparent overstay, and you expect them to cancel the parking charge ref number XXX issued to vehicle reg number as the times on the camera system are not acurate.

If you get fobbed off, then there is some real scope for some fun and games ( and deservedly so going by the way Tesco have treated customers wit pakring issues caused by their agents)
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    All good so far, but what parking company is it?
    It's shown at the sub-heading at the top of the actual post. Highview to save looking.

• FullBodyBag
    Options
    Well that was a surprise... they accepted my appeal and dropped the charge.

FBB
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Well that was a surprise... they accepted my appeal and dropped the charge.

FBB

HV almost always do once they realise the motorist has some knowledge f how this scam works, and especially when they use the forum template.

Well done, a monkey off your back.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family