EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad the MOT went well

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Ahhh Cumbria I'm so sad on behalf of you guys who've lost your diaries - and if I'm honest quite angry too - when WF's first diary went due to the same sort of attack I raised the question of it being malicious at the time and was subsequently told no, it wasn't, it was just accidental. If only it had been taken seriously when it was first mentioned! :o I'll certainly be crossing my fingers that yours can be recovered along with all the others that have gone.

Apologies, I seem to have missed something here - what has happened with diaries? I will go and look for a relevant thread but if things are disappearing or contested then that may not solve the issue!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Apologies, I seem to have missed something here - what has happened with diaries? I will go and look for a relevant thread but if things are disappearing or contested then that may not solve the issue!

Rosa xx

OK have now read your thread from today, thank you

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Payday! :j:j:j

All money shuffling is done and the accounts have been rounded down into the VSP as well. :T

I have enough in my purse to cover the gym tonight and no plans for the rest of the week now although I will be working 5 days this week as I suddenly realised that being off next Monday suits me better this time round than the Friday...all agreed with the office so all good there. Also nothing much planned for the weekend although I would like to go and run the flatter of our fairly local parkruns on Saturday morning - MrEH's rugby match has been called off by the opposition so they are trying to get a friendly now - probably will bearing in mind there's a few days notice. I doubt I'll go for there match but might head along there afterwards to watch the 6 nations game on the TV and have some drinks with the guys.

Meals for the rest of this week then:
    - salad using some of our lovely Hebridean smoked salmon
    - pasta, veggie, bacon & cheese bake - sort of a macaroni cheese but with lots of other bits thrown in. Always yummy and throwing the extra veg in means nothing else is needed alongside.
    - Need to think about Friday night - I normally go takeaway on Friday's I've worked during the day but reluctant to do this right at the start of Frugal February! Might end up as a fry-up as I have most stuff for that in already actually.

Need to work out when I'm going to Al's and also when/where I'm doing the rest of the shopping. Thing we're due a Super 6 change this week aren't we?

Also need to work out a proper plan for Frugal February including a slightly longer term meal plan I think!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've bitten the bullet and copied my thread. :-)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I've bitten the bullet and copied my thread. :-)

I did mine too. Luckily I only had 14 pages to save, it must have taken you ages?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did mine too. Luckily I only had 14 pages to save, it must have taken you ages?

Took a little while! :rotfl: Plenty with more to do than me though.

Starting with my Frugal February month then and I'm targetting food & shopping first. Got a blog post ready to go for tomorrow.

OK S6 this week is fruit - I'll definitely get soft citrus from there, and might well get the plums and blueberries as well. MrEH may well put in a request for pears as well, depends whether he thinks he can get them to work without them getting bashed about.
    Lil's has decently priced Leeks on PotW so I'll probably pop in and grab those - maybe saturday morning as the parkrun I'm hoping to do is not far from a Lils.

- I've got a pasta bake ready to go tonight - just needs cheese & breadcrumbs on the top and popping in the oven as soon as I get home. (Might blast it in the microwave first actually to reduce the "heating through" time.)
    - Definitely planning a fry-up for tomorrow night - relatively straightforward and will make use of some odds and ends from the freezer, as well as some of the bacon and the last of the eggs.
    - Saturday tea will almost certainly be cheese and biscuits. :T
    - Sunday needs thought but *might* be stew & dumplings.
    I have a list of meals to dip into for the next few weeks, and lots of stuff in the freezer to facilitate that. over the weekend I need to batch-cook some beans ideally and freeze in portions or try to freeze them free-flow.

Further weeks focusing for Frugal Feb blog posts need working out - I'm currently thinking along the lines of:
    - A review of utilities & household bills
    - Mindful spending/not spending inc NSD's
    - Looking ahead and future planning
    If anyone has any other ideas or indeed stuff they'd like to see me cover though shout up. :)

Current standing:
    Purse has £5 in it - all in coins.
    I'll withdraw £30 tomorrow or Saturday for my personal money.
    **Need to check how much food money is on the side at home but at least £5 I think**
    NSD planned for today. :cool:
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looking very organised ;)

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have asked someone to get me 5 packs of blueberries from Aldi!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I have asked someone to get me 5 packs of blueberries from Aldi!

:rotfl::rotfl: Glad to have been of service! :p

Pasta bake got a good covering of breadcrumbs and a mix of parmesan and cheddar before being shoved into the top oven and it was flipping delish! :D Really tasty and I reckon that will get repeated. :T Stuff is out for a fry up tomorrow night too and that's made a bit iof apce in the freezer.

A new habit we've started this month - our lunches are sometimes rolls, but sometimes we just make a loaf which then does us two days, with an end left over. MrEH is now slicing the remaining end immediately he's made the second days sarnies and shoving that straight into the freezer so there is bread for toast when we want it. Makes perfect sense and lord knows why we've never thought of it before!

£7.50 in food money on the shelf - just checked - So that will cover the oddments on top of the main shop easily enough. Current thinking is:
    Als: 2 x Blueberries, 1 x plums, 1 x citrus
    Lils: 2 x Leeks
    Then I think I'll stick with T's for the rest, as much as anything else for ease.
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills