EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Great work with Sky, EH - I've heard they can be difficult!

I love Sheringham, I was up in that neck of the woods bank holiday weekend, camping at East Runton. Lovely coastline :)
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Hey ho - half way through the week then. :D

NSD Yesterday and should be the same today. Campsite is booked for the weekend but they don't need a deposit or anything, we just pay when we pitch up.

Got a £1.25 survey on Prolific this morning which has already gone to payable - can't see me cashing anything out this week though unless this rest of this afternoon and tomorrow morning goes mad all of a sudden. :o

Inspired by Redo I'm really focusing on using stuff up this week - so the final bendy carrots got thrown in with loads of other veg to roast last night, and the last beetroot, some of the red cabbage and the final 2 tomatoes will make a mixed salad to go with egginess tonight. A cautious prod of the last bit of cucumber last night suggested it may be past the point of no return but we'll see. There are a couple of leeks and a courgette still needing used - one leek and the 'gette are destined for a veg-packed frittata tonight I think along with the last 'shrooms and a good handful of spinach. We'll certainly be getting our 5 a day today! :rotfl:

Plan for next week is to make time to audit the freezer so I can create a meal plan using stuff from it before I go shopping - I'm certain there is some mince in there, and I definitely have onions and tinned toms so I can see an overnight slow-cooked bolognese sauce being created at some point. After this weekend I'm around at home for the following few weekends so that makes it easier with food too in some ways - there's stuff in the freezer that will only get eaten on weekend days so I can start tackling that. It also however means I have no excuse not to get the houseworky stuff under control so from tonight I'll make time to slot my 15 minute bursts of activity in various rooms back in. The bedroom is a disgrace - there's barely room to sleep in there at the moment but I know a 15 minute attack on it will make a massive difference in no time at all. :o Also want to get back into the flylady routines of sorting out clothes for the following day, and S&S of kitchen and bathroom each day. Such a little thing but makes SUCH a difference.

Plan:
    each week:
    6 x 15 minute bursts in various areas that need it
    3 x targeted exercise - shred, a run, or something else. This is on top of usual walking etc.
    2 hours through the week working on photo projects (I have three projects on the go currently)
    4 x days of logging food and keeping to calorie limits

(The second of those is a brave move as my arms and legs are currently reminding me that I did shred last night and they did NOT enjoy it!) :rotfl:

Have you tried youtube for burst/short workouts

There's a guy who puts regular workouts up, if you search athlean x on youtube. I have done a few of them and there 6-8mins of intensity.

So what are you using to log cals re your diet.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Great work with Sky, EH - I've heard they can be difficult!

I love Sheringham, I was up in that neck of the woods bank holiday weekend, camping at East Runton. Lovely coastline :)

Ha - we were at Weybourne - it's an area I absolutely love though - we've walked the coast path right from Weybourne through to Overstrand now in sections - just gorgeous!
    Have you tried youtube for burst/short workouts

There's a guy who puts regular workouts up, if you search athlean x on youtube. I have done a few of them and there 6-8mins of intensity.

So what are you using to log cals re your diet.

Great tip on the workouts - thanks for that. Food stuff all goes into the fitbit app at the moment - that works really well for me as it's all there to see at a glance. On the workout front level 1 shred is about the most I can cope with on intensity at the moment - but I'm getting better!

Been reminded elsewhere that I need to deal with the cooking apples that were given to us by a friend and are currently sitting in the larder so that might be tonight's job. Inspired by a pudding MrEH had yesterday I'm also going to freeze the leftover scones from the pack we bought the other day and those will get used to top small dishes of the prepped stewed apple as and when I think. (The pudding concerned was a delicious apple & rhubarb cobbler and again they used sliced up scones as a topping).

MUST sort through the freezer too - although we've started coming up with a bit of a plan to use some of the random stuff that has accumulated already.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Level anything shred cripples my knees. And our ceilings are too low for star jumps without a hard hat. I'll watch and applaud from the sidelines on that one.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I [STRIKE]hate[/STRIKE] love the 30 day shred :rotfl:

I don't think it ever gets easier. Anyone who thinks it does LIES! :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Level anything shred cripples my knees. And our ceilings are too low for star jumps without a hard hat. I'll watch and applaud from the sidelines on that one.

:rotfl::rotfl: There are a few bits I have to modify because of knee pain issues - but I've found that works reasonably well for me. I have to watch myself on squats - if I tried to go as low as she says you're meant to I'd never get back up again! :rotfl::rotfl:
    I [STRIKE]hate[/STRIKE] love the 30 day shred :rotfl:

I don't think it ever gets easier. Anyone who thinks it does LIES! :rotfl:

I think you're right Hidden - I swear there are people out there who are just saying "Oh yes, I'm fine with that now!" to make the rest of us feel bad! :eek::rotfl:

I'm having the most ridiculous MSE fuelled battle with myself - I need to start sorting out my next bullet journal as the current one is nearly full. I've seen a divided project notebook in ThaT supermarkeT that will work rather better for me than the one I'm using currently (which was a £land special) - it's on sale for £2. BUT I already have a replacement £land one that I bought a while ago - so the MSE bit of me is refusing to accept that I can justify buying another one! :rotfl: Honestly - sometimes this place has a LOT to answer for! :rotfl:

Cooked the apples down last night with a handful of sultanas and another handful of dried cranberries - they only needed a single spoonful of sugar too so that was a bonus. Also remembered to freeze the scones - go me.

Dinner tonight will be as planned - the tatties will start off with a burst in the microwave and then get finished in the oven with the chicken I think. I'll cook all the chicken pieces together as we'll have them cold with the couscous salad tomorrow night anyway and I don;t want to put the oven on twice - loving being able to just use the top oven for stuff like that though - it heats up really fast! :T

Shopping last night - also to plan/list - My planner app in my phone is now working properly again after a long overdue update so I can start making use of that for shopping lists again - dead handy as it means I can just add stuff in as I think of it. :T Last night came to £26.70 and that included washing liquid and stain remover so I'm happy with that.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Just popping THIS RECIPE for spicy squash soup here - shamelessly lifted from Greying's diary! :D
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Buy the project book :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Buy the project book :)

I just did! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

TCB money landed in the bank so I shuffled that to the card - meaning....drum roll if you please....I've now hammered over £500 off that! :T :j Now I just need Prolific to hurry up and get properly active again so I can get some more hammered down off it! :D
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good :)

Wow to £500 on the card :j :j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback