i have been banned from tesco

Options

Comments

• Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    The wife of a friend of mine had a related trick. Just before the items in a section were due to be marked down, they would take some choice items, and continue shopping. After the prices were marked down, and the scrum had taken the best pickings, they would return to that section, and say to the assistant, "Oh look, you've dropped the price, but just a minute ago I picked these up at full price. I'm so unlucky". Every so often, the assistant would take pity on her, and put on some cheap stickers.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having struggled through the initial post, I think a two year ban on the grounds of 'crimes against punctuation' alone is perfectly reasonable.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    The wife of a friend of mine had a related trick. Just before the items in a section were due to be marked down, they would take some choice items, and continue shopping. After the prices were marked down, and the scrum had taken the best pickings, they would return to that section, and say to the assistant, "Oh look, you've dropped the price, but just a minute ago I picked these up at full price. I'm so unlucky". Every so often, the assistant would take pity on her, and put on some cheap stickers.

You need to get a life mate.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    You need to get a life mate.

In fairness it's not him that does it.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    My wife's friend needs to get a life.

He was no better ; he used to work stacking shelves, and would drop cans / trifles then take them to the area for damaged goods - and buy them for half price.
    He did get his comeuppance. On a business trip he asked at the check-in desk if there was any chance of an upgrade from Economy. The lady gave him a conspiratorial nod and said that could probably be arranged. She keyed in a few commands and said, "Yes that's all sorted. Just four hundred and fifty pounds to pay".
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    My wife's friend needs to get a life.

He was no better ; he used to work stacking shelves, and would drop cans / trifles then take them to the area for damaged goods - and buy them for half price.
    He did get his comeuppance. On a business trip he asked at the check-in desk if there was any chance of an upgrade from Economy. The lady gave him a conspiratorial nod and said that could probably be arranged. She keyed in a few commands and said, "Yes that's all sorted. Just four hundred and fifty pounds to pay".

That's not much of a come-uppance.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    scooby2016 wrote: »
    i have been banned from tesco
    . . . . .

Good
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    . . . . .

Good

I'm not sure the OP who posted this in October last year is going to be very bothered by your response :T
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    I'm not sure the OP who posted this in October last year is going to be very bothered by your response :T

In a similar fasion, I, who posted this just now, am not going to be very bothered by your response to my response :beer:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,246 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Warning, old thread alert been bumped after 2 years.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure