The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Oh boo - no Aldi near us!

GP - what were the MrL deals? - online all I can see is the 59p deals we bought over the weekend!

All 29p (at the mo ;)) 500g washed parsnips, 1.5kg mini roasting tatties (they specify British), washed Carrots 1kg and echalion shallots 500g.

Regional differences MAY apply, so please check before making a special journey - I thank you :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 December 2016 at 11:46AM
    Options
    Thank-you GP!

We will have to give this week's MrL offerings a miss as we have all of those particular veg 'in stock' already! (though I will check the local online as per your disclaimer lol)

Might be a bit of a hodge podge shop this week as our freezer surprise adventure regains momentum!

Today we will be using a taco kit that surfaced in the storecupboard & some frozen mystery mince along with lots of fresh healthy veg & frozen grated cheese - him with all the new found time on his hands is in charge of bringing it together!;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Ever feel like you take one step forward and then another back?

In some ways I've done well today, as Baby Greying has been a little under the weather :( But in other ways, I've not achieved what I wanted to :( Ah well. BG has gone to bed much brighter and we've eaten. Maybe I'm being a little hard on myself.

All the chrimbo cards in the final tranche were written, addressed and stamped last night, and we posted them this morning :j I only have one member of the junior brigade in the family to get a (cash) gift to. Will sort that, hopefully this weekend.

I caved in and bought a box of weetybicks today. I haven't been able to come up with a sustainable and less costly breakfast alternative for myself, and I'm getting too hungry by lunchtime - to the extent that there are no longer any scabby hosses anywhere in the vicinity of Greying Town........ ;):rotfl: So back to normal tomorrow with me weetybicks & narnar :D

I think I may well try and institute the practice of writing down all my household purchases in January. I'm liking weekly meal planning, but money is still draining away too quickly. I can't reset/analyse the budget unless I know exactly where it is all going to. I'm somewhat concerned that council tax is going up - yet another rise in prices, with no likelihood of an attendant rise in household income. So some belt-tightening is on the horizon - and I thought I was doing so well losing the baby weight by myself! ;)

Tea was a buddha bowl, not quite what I had envisaged, and not what I had thought I was going to do with the tofu, but hey, there will be other times :D I did some brown basmati rice (had intended to do buckwheat, but actually forgot, and just reached up for the rice :o), cornmeal crusted, spiced tofu, broccoli and a tahini/miso/citrus dressing. We've had versions of it before. It was nice and filled a gap. Pic here;

259_zpsbpez0cip.jpg

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

That the chrimbo cards were all written with thought and purpose and sent without it seeming an onerous chore.

For an invite for coffee and cake :D

for Baby Greying :D - worry and wonder, all in one, squidgy package :D

Thanks for popping in, reading and participating. I greatly appreciate it. Ta :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Aww hope BG's back to normal by tomorrow Greying xx
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,715 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, that does indeed look tasty Greying, well done! :j :j Most impressive :D And poor BG :( Hope they're feeling better soon.

Urgh to council tax rises :( We've not been notified of one but who knows? And thanks for the reminder about Christmas cards - I have *bought* them (and stamps) but buying them is not the same as writing them, which is not the same as posting them - I generally fail on at least one of those points so at least I'm past the first hurdle! :o :rotfl:

(Also, I feel the need to inform you that I have had shop-bought pizza for two nights in a row now. Gah!) :o :rotfl: :rotfl: Fortunately we stick to Mr S's £1 veggie pizza so it won't break the bank, and we just have half each so it's unlikely to break the waistline too much, but even so... :o I aspire to your levels of home cooking and fabulous creations! :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cheery~~ Is Mr S Sainsbugs? Ta.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,715 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Er, yep :) I only call it that cos Greying does :o but maybe she means something else by Mr S? Apologies if I'm just confusing everyone, I'm pretty good at that :D :rotfl:

(PS, in the big shop in town they're only 90p! But in our little local one they're £1, which is still pretty much a bargain. I like it that they actually have some bits of veg on too, not just glorified cheese on toast! Nowt wrong with cheese on toast of course...) :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Will look for them thanks.
    Take it they are chilled?
    Sorry for all the q's.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Could it be one of these? pizza-smiley.gif?1292867655
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Er, yep :) I only call it that cos Greying does :o but maybe she means something else by Mr S? Apologies if I'm just confusing everyone, I'm pretty good at that :D :rotfl:

Absolutely right - MrS is sainsbugs, no confusion :D And never feel that you have to confess to me :D I'm honest enough to know that our lives would be entirely different if we had a decent takeaway in Greying Town. i'd probably investigate those pizzas too, if either the big shop, or one of the small versions was in the vicinity :D

The council tax rises have been passed in parliament, so they are on their way :( Something about councils being able to front load the rises over 2 yrs, instead of spreading the rise over 3. I know it is to do with social care funding, and realise that the money has to come from somewhere, but the bottom line is that household bills will rise.

Baby Greying is back to normal - thank you. Probably a combination of novice Ma and the first time they've been truly under the weather. We didn't even get temp. spikes with vaccinations (for which I remain grateful :D) Plus babes can go downhill so quickly in health & well-being - it's rarer in adults. A combination of watching like a hawk; a dose of junior paracetamol and a big sleep (for BG) in the day seem to have done the trick on this occasion :D

We will probably go for a wander about to see how far it is today, to get some fresh air and excersise. I think one of the local churches is putting on free chrimbo themed concerts, and they've p ut decorations up etc. Might go and investigate that, and get some christmas vibes going.

Pizza is on the planner, so I'll dig out some tatties from the bag to accompany.

Right need to find a coffee. weetybicks having been munched :D

Ta for popping by, reading and joing in. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure