The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

And still the cardboard box is providing hours of entertainment :D for BG...................................... and DH! :D

Cheery - I was loaded down with shopping and pushing BG's pushchair, and still grabbed a couple of courgettes! What type of folk you got wandering past your property - not willing to lug a couple of summer squashes on a country yomp????................ ;):rotfl:

Right, I've a few bits of frozen food to pick up today. DH has been furnished with a list to get a few things from mrL. It'll be an all-chore day today. No fun and games :(

I have just had the first avocado from the 4 pack that I got on thursday from mrA. Lovely. superbly ripe. So nice to eat.

Tea tonight will be a curry plate. Not too sure what will be the constituent parts, will have a think. Definitely need to use what I have, and not buy in anything else.

Right, best get a wiggle on. Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd opt for moss stitch over double moss stitch any day! Much less complicated!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I'd opt for moss stitch over double moss stitch any day! Much less complicated!

Hey apple :wave: That's what I plumped for in the end. It was actually the stitch stipulated in the pattern, but I discovered Double MS and quite liked the effect. However, the moss stitch bits probably aren't big enough on this project to show off DMS to it's best potential, so MS it it! :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Hope all well in your neck of t'woods, as it is in ours :D

We went out for a mini-adventure today :j We had a light breakfast, made snap and got going to our destination. We were rewarded with the run of the joint and mucho, mucho fun was had by all :DBG was a delight - amazing us with how far they walked/toddled/ran under their own steam - literally uphill, downdale, and round the wood :D The weather wasn't brilliant - not as good as forecast, but luckily, thanks to chazzers and grandma Christmas gifts, BG was appropriately kitted out in gear to keep them warm and dry :D

We had the children's play park to ourselves too :j And got first dibs on an ace spot to much our 'brunch' picnic and slurp our coffee. All the fresh air must have done BG good, as they ate all provisions given to them :D

Many memories made, some good pics and a bit of video, all for the price of a bit of planning (not much, as it was a little 'last minute'), and some fuel in the car.

And we were able to head back to Greying Town before the most of the BH traffic began to bite.

We have had the stove going this arvo :eek: Just to get some needed clothes dry in time. It's done a grand job in a couple of hours, and can probably burn out now. But the air is definitely nippy, as not alot of the promised sunshine materialised in our neck of the woods.

We did see some swallows today, which surprised me, as the swifts around the Towers have long since departed - I can only imagine that they managed to raise one, or less, broods.

Tea last night was toad in the hole (with veggie sausages), mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots and cabbage and veggie onion gravy. YUMSKI! Absolutely the right tucker for a pants-weather day. BG ate some sausage, a piece of yorkshire pudding and asked for a carrot, but didn't eat it. Baby steps and all that...... :D

Tea this evening was oven chips, scampi bites and mushy peas. BG had fish fingers, pasta and ate a scampi bite and several chips too. The fresh air must have really worked!

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

family fun

precious memories

an easy tea

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Sounds like a marvelous day

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely day Greying. You really don't need to spend a lot to have a good time as you proved. BG obviously had a good time judging by their appetite :)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Have to keep reminding myself we're on Wednesday already! :D

Kept my appt with the Doc. Although pain in t'bum at the time, my health wibbly-wobbly, was in the bounds of 'normal' for a 'woman of a certain age.....' It's just one of those things that a raft of symptoms all came at once and floored me :( I am being referred for tests - all in keeping with 'being a woman of a certain age' - and being proactive about healthcare as opposed to health treatment. Lots of useful help and advice too. My Doc is good, and whilst I visit them as infrequently as possible, I do feel listened too and taken seriously when I do have to make an appt.

Tea last night was courgette and white bean soup (used a tin of the white kidney beans from HB), which used up a courgette and a couple of small potatoes that needed using and a couple of wonky carrots out of the bottom of the bag. We had strawberries (mrA £1.39 punnet) and greek yoghurt for dessert.

I did get a bargain YS'd item yesterday in mrA :D There were some clementines - 9 - that had been re-bagged for 60p. All firm and bright orange. Just as well I kept an eye out at the till though, as they went through for their original price - but the till-operative did re-scan when i pointed out the error. Citrus has jumped in price for some reason, so it was nice to get them for a reasonable price again.

Need to do some money-shuffling today, ready for the new month.

Tea this evening will be buddhabowl-esque, based on some tofu that is in the fridge. We are running short on onions :( Need to get to fArm f00ds, see if they have any 5kg nets in, but it needs access to the car.

Other than that, we're bobbling along pretty nicely - no complaints :D

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you kept your Dr's appt. I am also one of those people who do not bother the doctor unless I am really ill, but I do see what you mean about health care being important. Hope all your tests come back with a positive result for you.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Well, today has gone whoosh!

Went out for a pootle about Greying town. Je$$op$ were giving away 'scrapbooks' today. Random. Made me feel old, as I had one just like it when I was..........................................

I got another sweetheart cabbage from m&$ for 80p. Lovely and 'sweet' (I know, strange thing to say about cabbage, but true!), so thank you Steven Wallace o'Fife for growing such great produce :D

I didn't get round to my money shifting, but i can do it tomorrow, instead.

Tea this evening was cornmeal crusted, lemon marinated tofu (fried), shredded, steamed cabbage, steamed carrot, rice and a 'version'of Jaymee's 'Stracci', but I only used courgette. I did flavour with coriander seeds though - love the lemony hit :D Filling and flavoursome. Although I can see why people don't like tofu. It didn't have much of a flavour in itself - despite the marinade, but it added crunch to the dish, and paired with the highly flavoured stracci sauce, it worked well. Pressing tofu is an absolute must though - don't even think about eating it if it is still full of water - bleurk!

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

BG giving smiles; and making our senior citizen friend smile in return :D

nostalgia

Diverse conversations; in person and via the world-wide wonder web :D;)- one of which made me count all my blessings about my 'easy' pregnancy and labour with BG, all.over.again.....for the umpteenth time...... :D

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fife again :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure