We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...and yes, I suppose it does pay to make sure, especially after last time! :eek: :rotfl: ...
    ...Ha ha - Cheery, you are the second person this morning to mention 'wot happened last time' :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ...

:eek::eek::eek:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fingers crossed GP that it's a run of the mill under the weather & not another little surprise!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Well, I'm not entirely sure I should be let out on my ownsome, with no little person to worry about/corral, as it let's me roam around duNh3lm haberdashery and sewing sections............. :rotfl: I only bought bargains (promise!); 6 rolls of variously printed ribbon, 5m in length, 50p each :j and a set of 8 (sizes 2.5mm - 6.00mm iirc), bamboo knitting needles, in a carry case for £5 :j Ok, Ok, not stuff that was actually needed for our sheer existence, but they'll be used/come in handy :D There is a slight flaw in the one roll of ribbon, I have noticed, but for what I intend to use it for, it should be fine, and I'd rather pay 50p for it, than the £3.50 original price tag :eek: Needless to say, despite getting bargains - duN3lm didn't actually have what I went to get (cushion pads) in stock - DOH!

Popped into mrL and stocked up on some bits. Giving some of their oven chips a go - still don't think they'll beat the h3r0n ones, but nothing ventured.......

DH has done some chores this morning, and looked after BG whilst I have [STRIKE]faffed about, daydreamed, faffed about some more[/STRIKE] conducted research.......:rotfl: Which has led me to spending another £60 for some craft projects I've got in the pipeline. Think my MSE bages, stars and stripes are gonna get withdrawn at this rate! :rotfl: In my defence, BG will be the [STRIKE]un[/STRIKE]willing recipient of much of the afore-mentioned crafting, for Christmas and beyond, so........

DH has now retired to bed with an attack of the vapours...... or something. Man 'flu possibly......... BG has gone down for a snooze too. So I'm away to get some of my crafting done.

Tea this evening will be cardboard box fish, oven chips and possibly mushy peas. Although the weather has improved a bit now, so this may be a bit too 'wintery'...... we shall see, there is yet time for the weather to change again.

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. By me :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping January - May £90/£90

Grocery spend May £203.56/250
    Non-food household spend June £/40
    Bulk Fund June 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 3/24 (inc. Blankets 3/6)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Fingers crossed GP that it's a run of the mill under the weather & not another little surprise!

How come no-one believes me when i say I ain't............. :huh:

I'm pretty sure it's a bad dose of 'lady-ishoos' that i daren't elaborate on too much, in fear of offending/scaring away any gentleman callers that may occasionally wander by this thread......... ;)

Greying X

Bulk Fund June 0/£10

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Another new week begins.

I've just used the first colombian avocado from mrA in my smoothie. Beautifully ripe, no brown spots and lovely and creamy. 1/4 of the pack useable - lets hope the remaining 3 are spot on too :D

Better nights sleep last night. But I was late to bed, as in addition to falling down the rabbit hole that is p1nt3r3$t, I got sucked into crAft$y too! :o And didn't find what I was looking for anyway - but found it 120 crAft$y pages later; on the blogsite that was in plain view all the time......... :o At least I only spent time, and no more money! :o

Got to get some fresh air and exercise today.

DH is definitely feeling unwell, but intent on going in to work. I am, however, just waiting for him to claim, 'I think I've got what you've got.....' :rotfl:

I'm going to have a sort out of the fridge and cupboards. We've sufficient food, I just need a plan to use it all. We've some more gifted courgettes to use up, so I'll have a look around for a recipe to make bestest use of them.

I'm going to try to spend no money today.... wish me luck!

Right, can't think of owt else MSE that I'm putting into practice, so best vamoose.

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund June 0/£10

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Just curious, did mr gp claim to have had what you had when you last felt "unwell?"
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Just curious, did mr gp claim to have had what you had when you last felt "unwell?"

Ha ha - no he didn't 'come out in sympathy' - and walk round with a cushion stuffed up his jumper :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund June 0/£10

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,991 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon and/or the doc sorts you out!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are all feeling unwell. Hope it's just sniffles. I did chuckle as I read everyone's comments about "last time" :rotfl: I know we joke but I bet you couldn't imagine your life without BG in it now.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...'lady-ishoos'...

Aren't menfolk an inigma - last time I was suffering from the above, OH insisted he'd caught his rumbly tummy from me...

I can guarantee you it was the pork pie, sausage roll & wine he'd allowed himself as 'afters' the evening before! ...and this is why he's not normally allowed anywhere near a grocery store on his own...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon and/or the doc sorts you out!
    starnac wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are all feeling unwell. Hope it's just sniffles.

Think I may be in this for the long-haul, peri/meno lasts aaggggeeeessss - hence why I will do what I can do to sort out lifestyle issues to try to make the everyday better. Who knew there were so many symptoms connected with it all?? I'm open minded about the various medications that are available, just trying to not necessarily make them my first port of call.......

rtandon27 wrote: »

Aren't menfolk an inigma - last time I was suffering from the above, OH insisted he'd caught his rumbly tummy from me...

:rotfl: it is difficult to know what things feel like, if you can't experience them yourself, but....... totally see your viewpoint, rtandon ;)

starnac wrote: »
    I did chuckle as I read everyone's comments about "last time" :rotfl: I know we joke but I bet you couldn't imagine your life without BG in it now.

No, you're quite, quite right. BG is a blessing, and I value every precious minute in their company, and can't now imagine life without them - they have brought so much to our family 'unit' :D <
    that's even without proud mumma googles on! :rotfl:

BG is having a snooze. The weather hasn't been kind, and everytime I've thought 'let's get outside' the heavens have opened up again :( Still, there has been much book reading, imaginative role play (BG) and general everyday life happening, so not too bad.

I'm going to take the opportunity to have a shuffle through the cupboards now and see what I can conjour up for tea.

Ta for popping by.

Greying X

Bulk Fund June 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure