edited 29 October 2016 at 8:24AM in Debt Free Diaries
3.5K replies 359.1K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea sounds :drool:
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Evening :hello:

Well, ExHD is working :D It is slow - but I knew it would be, because i only have a 2.0 usb connection. 3.0 is supposed to be twice as fast, but I ain't gort one :(:D

We got given lots of lovely garden produce today. Picked some windfall apples from a bucket that said 'take us - we're yours' :D and got a HUGE bns for a £ donation :j

I got a replacement stick blender from mrS, as it was reduced. Wish I hadn't gone in on the day of their toy sale though.............................

So some spending occured today :( I did also get a couple of cartons of UHT milk for the foodbank. My only concern with my new 'drop-off' point is that contrary to what was said, they don't seem to pass it on very often to the FB. All of my donations are still sat in the box :(

Tea was as described and was lush :D Simple, but lush :D I scoffed mine in double-quick time :o

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

technology that works :j

a car and fuel to drive where I needed to be

kind and thoughtful friends :D

Ta for popping in, reading and supporting me. Appreciated.

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    77.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Our FB collects from the collection points weekly.
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Our FB collects from the collection points weekly.

That's good practice beanie - I think someone volunteers to take donations from several points to this FB. I suppose they could have been ill or something. Bit reluctant to query it - seems a bit....... um, I dunno, like 'my donation is important, get it to the distribution point.....' Having said that, there is only my stuff in the box currently :( And yes, dear reader - I have put it in the right box :rotfl:It says FB donations in big lettering on the side :D

In other news, I have speeded up the ExHD exponentially by simply putting it in another usb port :j YAY for looking things up on a search engine :j

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I notice our food bank donation boxes don't get emptied often either. I stopped putting in ours because some of the things I'd left where still there 6-7 weeks later!

Now I save enough to make a trip to the actual food bank at church rather than the more popular food bank. Sadly we have a couple that are in high demand round here.

Glad you got the hard drive sorted :D

As for the orange supermarket I'm glad I couldn't go :rotfl:
  • UncannyScotUncannyScot Forumite
    2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi GP
    Was going to comment RE the ExHD but looks like you've done what I was going to suggest anyway ;)

I have a 1TB ExHD that contains a load of music, e-books and films etc. I also found that it worked a lot better in one particular port and so it lives there now...
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning :hello:

Hidden - I'm afraid it is irking me a little. If the stuff is still there in a couple of weeks, I shall definitely comment and not use the system again. I purposely selected things that the FB were in urgent need of a month ago.... :(

Uncanny Scot - I'm so glad we are able to use search engines. The computer was telling me a faster port was available, but not where it was! I found out that you look for the 'trident' like symbol next to the usb port - I have 2 together, and just thought it was an indicator of what they both were. But the 'trident' is on the right hand-side, and hey presto! the right hand usb port is faster..... I was loading up at 1mb approx. per second using the left, the right port averages at 19mb per second......... :o:j

I'm meeting up with a friend for a quick chat, coffee and HM cake today :D I have my photos to collect and I've got to catch up with recording my financial spends.

Tea this evening is either going to be Smokey Veggie Feijoada, or lentil bolognese with pasta. Either way, tea will either be similar to last night (featuring rice - albeit brown rice tonight), or tomorrow night's (featuring pasta as we're out in the day) pizza (HM frozen l/o) & pasta buffet. So it'll depend on how I'm feeling, the feijoada is edging it currently........

Small spends needed today on bread and milk (paid for the photos the other day). Other than that, I think we are set :D

Right, can't think of owt else MS, so best get shifting-a-tail-feather.

Ta for popping in and supporting me. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning :hello:

Well, I am awarding myself the 'prize-clot of the year' award. How did I think I was going to make Feijoada when I hadn't even soaked the black beans????? :doh::rotfl:

We had Baked tattie, breaded cod and baked beans for us tea.

Tonight it will be pizza and pasta buffet, and I must get the pizza out to defrost, as I'm out for much of the day.

Coffee, cake and catch-up chat were wonderful yesterday. I am so blessed to have such lovely people in my life :D

The ExHD still works and I am slowly but surely sifting through the photos. I'm taking the opportunity to edit them as I go. As whilst not every pic needs to be perfect - some of the blurry ones still have a narrative with them, of time, place or action - I have many shots where the camera is just on multiple frame, and I've captured the same scene 47 times.......... :o And yes, I am enjoying seeing 'how far we've come' with BG and I'm nowhere near the 'baby' baby pics yet....... :cry::smileyhea:heartsmil

I'm starting to think of the 'C' word. Which is unusual for me. But hopefully my shifting stance will make for a nice celebration in December. I'm still not wedded to going down the traditional foods line, and I'm really only going to bother with things that we truly do relish. So as far as I'm concerned our 'C' Eve meal is still likely to be lasagne-orientated, and our 'C' Day meal some sort of curry. But in other ways, I would like to start traditions, or have decorations that are more in keeping with the celebration that occurs, for us in the Northern Hemisphere, at the cusp of Autumn/Winter. And now that the footy premiership is no longer threatening to hold games on 'C' Eve, I've so much time on my hands................. :p:rotfl:

Right, must away and tuit.

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

• rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'C' word?!?:eek::eek::eek:

...but we still have All hallow's eve and remembrance to get through before it's time to focus on the 'C' word!!!!!:D:D:D

My Gran used to bake her 'C' fuitcake the day after remembrance & then 'bathe' it with spirits every weekend for six weeks until xmas with an xtra douse on xmas eve before we went to midnight mass - the boosiest cake ever! I never liked it as a kid, but do miss the annual ritual!

It's the traditions, whatever they may be that make the memories!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    19 YEARS 11 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
    77.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Faints at the mention of the C word :rotfl:
    ***Keep plodding***
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides