edited 29 October 2016 at 8:24AM in Debt Free Diaries
3.5K replies 359.1K views

Replies

• Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Evening :hello:

See now Cheery I would have bet a £1 to a penny that melty cheese would improve a shoe sole, if you put enough on........ ;) Hope you persevered with your lunch and can at least hold your head up high that you didn't waste food.

I completed my chores on the high street. Took in some sunshine and the new autumn collection at M&$. Seems woollens and woollen scarves are 'all'. We stuck with bananas and the TV guide......

I roasted pumpkin and made a cherry cake to use the oven effectively. I was pleased that my cherries didn't all sink to the bottom, as ironically, in M&$ there was a YS'd cherry maderia cake (slice) for 70p - and all the cherries were at the bottom. It's just as well that I am no fan of maderia cake, otherwise I would have bought it, as how could you make it for less? I stuck with my tried and trusted bero vicky sponge recipe and coated the (fresh frozen) cherries in flour before combining them in the batter. BG ate up a (small) slice, so I reckon it passes muster :D

The pumpkin soup for tea was nice :j It was from 'Economy Gastronomy', spicy pumpkin chowder. I think I will be the first to say that I was lucky with my pumpkin. I did worry as I was roasting it that it was a 'small' carving pumpkin, and therefore would taste of nowt/taste rank. But it did have pumpkin flavour - and was not the least bit 'vegetal' which pumpkins and curcurbits can sometimes be prone to be. I used chipotle chilli flakes rather than fresh chilli - the smokiness added a nice extra dimension. It's a keeper of a recipe for me (albeit not in the catering proportions of the recipe......), but whether I will ever get another pumpkin nice enough to make it is another matter........... :D I have approximately half a roasted pumpkin left, I intend to try JO's smokey veggie feijoada with it :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

gifted produce and just.the.right.recipe for it :D

phone apps reaching where internet email failed - to someone in the same county for heaven's sakes! :D

HM cake eaten with relish - by both my loved ones :D

Ta for popping in and telling me about your lunch. Can someone fill the breakfast spot, and then we'll have a 24hr rolling buffet........ :rotfl::p

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am quite happy to tell you about my breakfast :D (Did you really want to know?! Because if not, it's dangerous to ask - I can type very quickly and I love nattering on :D ) :rotfl:

This morning I had yogurt, raw porridge, a chopped pear and a few sultanas :j The yogurt was from one of those 1kg buckets you get cheap in the supermarkets sometimes, and I see Mr Cheery has finished it off - I must remember to rescue the bucket and take it to work to use as a desk bin as the old one got a bit manky :o

This was a bit of a departure from my new regular breakfast - a smoothie made with half a tin of peaches, a banana, a dollop of peanut butter and some almond milk. Never thought I'd take to smoothies for breakfast, but in fact this one keeps me satisfied til lunch, which is unusual for me :o :rotfl: However, Mr Cheery slept on the sofa last night because of the howling wind and rattling rooftops, so I thought it was a bit mean to wake him up with the blender at 7am so yogurt and porridge it was :D

Sorry :o but you did ask :D
    Mortgage end date at start: Feb 2043
    Mortgage end date now: Feb 2033
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww GP breakfast is an easy one...

Cuppa black coffee and a small morsel of dark chocolate!

Who can face food before noon?

:rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am quite happy to tell you about my breakfast :D (Did you really want to know?! Because if not, it's dangerous to ask - I can type very quickly and I love nattering on :D ) :rotfl:

This morning I had yogurt, raw porridge, a chopped pear and a few sultanas :j The yogurt was from one of those 1kg buckets you get cheap in the supermarkets sometimes, and I see Mr Cheery has finished it off - I must remember to rescue the bucket and take it to work to use as a desk bin as the old one got a bit manky :o

This was a bit of a departure from my new regular breakfast - a smoothie made with half a tin of peaches, a banana, a dollop of peanut butter and some almond milk. Never thought I'd take to smoothies for breakfast, but in fact this one keeps me satisfied til lunch, which is unusual for me :o :rotfl: However, Mr Cheery slept on the sofa last night because of the howling wind and rattling rooftops, so I thought it was a bit mean to wake him up with the blender at 7am so yogurt and porridge it was :D

Sorry :o but you did ask :D

^^^ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Note to self..........................................................................

Greying XX:D
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    rtandon - that is very much more my style, although I'm not entirely sure I could manage chocolate at brekkie, and I have milk in my coffee since being preggers with BG :D

Greying X

• Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I daren't have chocolate for breakfast - my appetite for it is worryingly unlimited and I fear if I started at breakfast I might never stop :eek:
    Mortgage end date at start: Feb 2043
    Mortgage end date now: Feb 2033
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning :hello:

We've all slept well here at the Towers. BG is snoozing on, which is a rarity! :D

Things to do today, including trying to get a new, reasonably priced stick blender. Mine has literally disintergrated (through over-use :D). I also need to see about getting an external hard-drive. Either my computer is also fagged, or I'm slowing it down with photo storage on the HD. I'm wondering how I shall know if the ExHD that I buy will connect to my computer - it's about 5 yrs old, and I can't find what USB ports it has - despite looking under device manager.

Tea tonight should be Bean & sausage jambalaya.

So potentially quite a spendy day :( But all stuff that is needed. If anyone has any thoughts on the ExHD - please shout up.

Best get shifting.

Ta for popping in and mentioning chocolate :D Gives us all a lift :D

Greying X

• HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really can't help with ExHD. I hope someone can.

Have a lovely day x
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aw, thanks Hidden - hope your day is going well too :D I have plumped for a ExHD that has usb 2 & 3 (I know i haven't got 3), and am hoping for the best. I looked online, and in the same question someone asked, they said that their machine was a year old in 2012, well, mine is slightly newer than that, and the advice was that they would have a 2.0, so, fingers crossed.

If you hear cursing later on, you'll know it isn't working for me............

Greying X

• VerbatimVerbatim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cold ask on the techie board here. Sounds like you'd actually understand the answer which I wouldn't be confident about doing!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides