What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 24/10/16

Options

Comments

• lambda
    lambda Posts: 222 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey there!

I have some good news. I think November is going to be our debt free month! :D:D:D

I have a load of expenses coming in... £800 worth (which should have come in last month, but the work system takes ages to process them), plus our usual £1000 CC repayment, and my parents are giving us £1500 for an early wedding present. This means we can pay off that CC early!!

A debt free Christmas!
    October 2015 = -13242.16 DFD 28/10/2016 £0 :T
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all :) A late check in from me today! I've had a busy morning, bought a few Christmas presents, a football shirt for my OH from the baby, he will love it! Also been to see my SIL for a few hours, now I'm waiting for my midwife to arrive, she's doing a home visit this week, anytime between 2-4! So today isn't a NSD but I've got a lot done! Today's list:

- Check bank accounts
    - Sort football shirt for OH - Done
    - Stock up on face wipes, toothpaste etc - Done
    - Midwife visit between 2-4
    - Watch more of my boxset
    - Enter some competitions :)

Have a good Wednesday everyone! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Work....more work...compulsory last minute overtime....:(

Healthy bank balance but no time to spend anything!
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 26 October 2016 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Hi all
    Back from a short 4 day break, stayed in Camping pod which wasn't too bad for 2 nights and then a Premier Inn for the 3rd. I was surprised how warm the pod was. Thanks for starting off dnms.

Even though I've been away, we took a three big bags of food with us so we have plenty for breakfast, lunch and snacks. My FIL made us dinner one night and then one night at Pizza Express with money off vouchers and the third night at the local pub (chose the cheapest meal).

Did the usual at Premier Inn and took 3 porridge pots (3 for £1 at Home Bargains) rather than paying £7/8 a head at the place across the road. My DH and DD don't usually have much anyway.

I've got home to a fab delivery of a Better Crocker VIP baking kit with loads of money off vouchers. I'm allowed to say its with Insiders and I need to share my experiences of using the packs and fill in some questionnaires. My DD loves backing so its a perfect plan to keep her entertained on the half term.

Posted to eBay parcels whilst away.

Still addicted to Totalcashback comp - got a cauldron today!

Need new tyres so did Tyres on the drive competition!

Also, got some good news from paypal, got £40 refund from Tastecard as they didn't send me the trial card and expected me to pay for the annual subscription!

Read MSE newsletter

Postcode lottery
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning PF :D I wasn't up as early as you today! I'm a little annoyed with myself as realised yesterday my MOT runs out on 30th. Managed to book it in for today at 3 but if it fails I'm stuffed as doubt they will be able to do the repairs at that late time and I need my car as working Thurs Fri & Mon. Just fingers crossed really! I know I need to change the driver side windscreen wiper and a lightbulb which I will do myself before dropping it off. Will also check tyres so as to reduce potential for it to fail. Annoyed with myself as had I been organised then I could have had this all done last week. If it fails I guess I will have to speak to my boss about working from home on Monday or taking the day off...

Today I am going to task myself with only a couple of jobs to increase chances of getting them done!

* [STRIKE]pay CT[/STRIKE]
    * call Inland Rev
    *[STRIKE] make cinnamon buns - really doing it today![/STRIKE] just finished! They look soooooooooooooooooo good! Can't wait to have one after tea :D
    *[STRIKE] all meals from stores - got lo spag out of freezer for dinner tonight due to car[/STRIKE]
    * potentially go to lottie tonight when oh comes home but will depend on car situation - I went yesterday but only got about 40 mins before dusk came on :eek: evening lottie sessions are about to end now :(
    * photo some things for fleabay
    * [STRIKE]washing in machine at the moment. Will hang out when done and then put on the airer this evening to finish it off[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]heating off. Jumpers and cardis on!x[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] home fun with madam and a trip to the park while waiting for car[/STRIKE]
    * Build a B*ar are doing an offer where a £5 gift card gets you £10 of credit. Need to check out how long the the cards last and if long enough am going to purchase £30 for dgd's birthday (in July!) for her celebration. It's what she did yesterday for a friend's birthday with a trip to Mcd's afterwards (there were 3 of them). It was a huge hit so would be a massive saving if they last longer than 6 months :j slightly more complex than originally thought! Need to get the receipt from the mum of the birthday girl to prove we went but once I do that it's a goer! :j

That's it! Have a lovely day guys :A

boo my car cost me £202 :( (I literally just put £200 in savings this morning so will be transferring that out again tonight! :rotfl:) on the plus side no faffing around with car stress over the next 3 days for work :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    thought I would share my cinnamon bun recipe with you as they are sooooooooooo good!

http://penniesandpancakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/mesa-mission-cinnamon-rolls.html#.WBBu9fkrLIW
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Late check in as we've had a busy (spendy) but productive day :)

Todays small things
    * Ys bagels again for breakfast (should finish these tomorrow!)
    * Had family over for lunch, ys meat and used up all the veggies that were softening :)
    * My dad gave the kids hair a trim
    * 2 xmas pressies were delivered - still need to update them on to my list
    * Went to the local designer outlet place that has a Clarks shoe shop and got kids feet measured and new trainers
    * Also got dh some new slippers from ms outlet
    * and some thorntons chocolate discount....
    * 2 small portions of fish & chips bought on our way home and split between 4 of us, there was plenty!
    * Finished off watching a film with kids (they're now watching Tom & Jerry and laughing like crazy :D)
    * Checked luckyphone
    * Checked banking

That's about it for small things today :)

Bob, that's not good news, its hard when you've got the little ones with you. I'm very lucky and have family close by if needed but I did once go to the dentist with them on my own for all three of us to have a check up, the kids went first, then I'm laid back in the chair and my youngest was climbing up from my feet to my chest and the dentist sighed and said I'd have to make a new appointment for me instead :o As for LOTR's well I saw them at the cinema with dh when we first started dating (I was obviously still trying to impress him at that point :rotfl::T) I just find them sooooooooooo long and then these ones he's getting the kids to watch are extended versions oh my..... As I said yesterday I'd rather watch paint dry!
    Only the last film to watch now which I think we'll be doing tomorrow/Friday then the torture is over :p

Dnms, those cinnamon rolls look lovely, I bought the lard at the weekend to make the wraps (will have to wait til next week) but will add these to my list too :)
    Lambda, good news for next month
    Ally, sounds like life is crazy at the minute
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Slight deviation from plan in that pasta and prosecco were procured but had a tearful day in work as some of my good friends might not be there when I get back from my holiday.

Foxgloves - you can keep Boromir. Now Aragorn phwoarrrrrrrrrr

Oh the hair and beard *gets dvd*
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Afternoon Campers,
    Busy day planned. The money saving bits are:
    *Eating up leftovers for my lunch.
    *Making tomorrow's packed lunch & also a porridge pot for breakfast.
    *2 loads of laundry pegged outside on the line.
    *Dinner in slow cooker - Chipotle black bean chilli. Should be enough for extra portion(s) for freezer too.
    *Made bread dough for onion & rosemary foccaccia.
    *Cashed out of Ipsos surveys for another £10 voucher.
    *Write birthday card & letter today so still in good time for 2nd class postage instead of 1st.
    *Find John Lewis voucher stash & use one or two to buy something special to cook for an anniversary meal tomorrow night.
    *Make list of all the jobs I could usefully do in town tomorrow when I shall have the wheels. (Yay!!)
    *My £5 Body Shop loyalty points voucher was about to expire so I have treated myself to an enormous pot of their body butter RRP = £28. Currently in the sale for £15. After applying voucher, I've paid £10, plus it was free postage. AND that £10 is from my October 'Personal Spends' so zero effect on bank account/budget. How much do I love vouchers?!
    Hope everyone having as good a day as possible.
    Bobarella - Is 'LOTR' a certain well-known trilogy involving battles for middle-earth, gnomes, swords, etc? If so, I am absolutely not a fan either! Couldn't even make it past page 1 of 'The Hobbit'! I have watched the LOTR films & they are technically brilliant, but by the 3rd one, I honestly could care less what happened to the bloody ring or any of the characters in it!! I think I mostly got through the first one because at least I'd got Sean Bean to look at! mr f & my oldest nephew both love it.
    Right, must shake a leg,
    F x

Yes it is! That's so funny Foxgloves I read all the books in my early teens and was so excited when they made the trilogy. Sean Bean is alright but I prefer Aragon :) swoon
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Sudden excitement chez fanta as ebay item rockets up to £42!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts