Beware UGG boot possible scam

Options
1235»

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

There does seem to be a small clique on this forum who for some strange reason believe that PETA's goal in life is to kill animals. If you actually bothered reading the link you've posted it explains in quite a lot of detail why so many animals are euthanised.

The main reason being PETA takes the animals that are suffering from the worst problems. They are not taking the happy poodles!

I accept there is a debate over whether the making of uggs is cruel to animals but the posters (like yourself) who are trying to make out that PETA are a cruel organisation are really punching below the belt.

It's slightly sick
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I may have mentioned on here before that I spend a fair bit of time in the USA and one of my friends there volunteers in an animal shelter in Orlando.
    They too take in an awful lot of problems animals, some of which they do have to euthanize and if I was to post her opinion of PETA, I would probably be banned from here.

And another thing.
    Referring to someone's opinion as "slightly sick" simply because you have a different opinion does you no favours at all.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    I may have mentioned on here before that I spend a fair bit of time in the USA and one of my friends there volunteers in an animal shelter in Orlando.
    They too take in an awful lot of problems animals, some of which they do have to euthanize and if I was to post her opinion of PETA, I would probably be banned from here.

And another thing.
    Referring to someone's opinion as "slightly sick" simply because you have a different opinion does you no favours at all.

Sorry but it is slightly sick to imply that a non profit organisation who exists to defend animal rights is instead an organisation who like to kill animals.

It's ridiculous.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2016 at 5:44PM
    Options
    I didn't imply anything. I stated a fact and that fact is that in some years they euthanized far more animals than any other animal aid organisation. (an average of 86% of all animals they take in are euthanized.)
    "who exists to defend animal rights"
    Defending their rights by killing them even before giving them a small chance to be rehomed?

And I didn't state that they like to kill animals. yet again that is something that you simply made up. They may not like doing it but simply do it because it's the easiest thing to do.

Don't get me wrong. I think that PETA do some good work (such as their campaign to get SeaWorld closed down and the banning or orcas from all parks), it's just that I think that they put most of their effort into these high profile campaigns which leave the animal shelters to suffer as a result.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    I didn't imply anything. I stated a fact and that fact is that in some years they euthanized far more animals than any other animal aid organisation. (an average of 86% of all animals they take in are euthanized.)
    "who exists to defend animal rights"
    Defending their rights by killing them even before giving them a small chance to be rehomed?

And I didn't state that they like to kill animals. yet again that is something that you simply made up. They may not like doing it but simply do it because it's the easiest thing to do.

The implication of your posts is that peta are a bad organisation that kills animals.

You've taken the high level figure of euthanisation and ignored the point that both I have made and the article (that you posted) made which explains that when PETA get involved it's usually too far gone for the animal to be saved and the best solution to put the animal out of their misery is to humanely euthanise them.

For some reason you have an agenda against PETA and are selectively using certain statistics to portray them as being advocates of animal cruelty.

As I said before. It's a little bit sick.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I apologise for the late editing of my earlier post (I was editing when you posted).
    From that you will see that I don't think that PETA are all bad and I don't have a crusade against them.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2016 at 9:47PM
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    There does seem to be a small clique on this forum who for some strange reason believe that PETA's goal in life is to kill animals. If you actually bothered reading the link you've posted it explains in quite a lot of detail why so many animals are euthanised.

The main reason being PETA takes the animals that are suffering from the worst problems. They are not taking the happy poodles!

I accept there is a debate over whether the making of uggs is cruel to animals but the posters (like yourself) who are trying to make out that PETA are a cruel organisation are really punching below the belt.

It's slightly sick

"In the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 companion animals. Apologists for PETA’s killing have argued that all of the animals they kill are “unadoptable.” But this claim is a lie for numerous reasons. It is a lie because rescue groups and individuals have come forward stating that the animals they gave PETA were healthy and adoptable and PETA insiders have admitted as much, one former intern reporting that he quit in disgust after witnessing perfectly healthy puppies and kittens in the kill room. It is a lie because PETA refuses to provide its criteria for making the determination as to whether or not an animal is “unadoptable.” It is a lie because according to a state inspector, the PETA facility where the animals are impounded was designed to house animals for no more than 24 hours. It is a lie because Newkirk herself admitted as much during a 2008 television interview: when asked whether or not PETA kills healthy animals, she responded, “Absolutely.” It is a lie because PETA staff have described the animals they have killed as “healthy,” “adoptable,” “adorable” and “perfect.” It is a lie because PETA itself admits it does not believe in “right to life for animals.” And it is a lie because when asked what sort of effort PETA routinely makes to find adoptive homes for animals in its care, PETA responded that it had “no comment.”

Now we've sorted that one out( and the other ( ridiculous claims made which are beneath contempt quite frankly,) let's get this thread back on n track.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Frugalfiz
    Thanks for posting your warning about this scam website

I'm glad you managed to back out of the transaction before wasting your money.

In my experience, you can get some good bargains from authorised retailers at the end of the winter period.
    But I guess that's not a lot of use to you if you want/need them now or want the most current style. :)
  • In the lands of the butchers, the pig is king.
    If you want to see lambs in the fields, you have to eat them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure