🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beware UGG boot possible scam

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    sheepskin is a by product of meat production .
    Try to keep up.

So what happened to my post making the same point to jreacher's post?

The idea of all those sheep in Australia being raised to make UGG boots is :rotfl:
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Indeed.
    Yes, there's no such thing as a sheepskin farm;)
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So what happened to my post making the same point to jreacher's post?

The idea of all those sheep in Australia being raised to make UGG boots is :rotfl:

I was wondering what happened to your post. I assumed you deleted it. If you didn't the board admins must have felt like the post was offensive for some reason.

What is slightly laughable is that you think it is ridiculous that sheep wouldn't be raised to make a very expensive luxury item :rotfl:

I also don't really understand why you are trying to make out that PETA are an evil organisation. It's a desperate way of justifying why it's acceptable to condone animal cruelty.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I was wondering what happened to your post. I assumed you deleted it. If you didn't the board admins must have felt like the post was offensive for some reason.

What is slightly laughable is that you think it is ridiculous that sheep wouldn't be raised to make a very expensive luxury item :rotfl:

I also don't really understand why you are trying to make out that PETA are an evil organisation. It's a desperate way of justifying why it's acceptable to condone animal cruelty.
    I didn't delete my post.
    Do board guides read every post?
    If not, someone must have brought it to their attention.
    Maybe you thought it was offensive?

Yeah, all those farms raising sheep to make UGGs & throwing away the meat. :rotfl:

Did you bother to read the link re peta provided earlier by hollydays?
    I did.
    It's not me making out that peta is an evil organisation.
    They seem to be doing enough actual animal cruelty themselves - despite their public face.

So peta say don't buy UGGs because it's cruel.
    They also ask you not to wear wool.:rotfl:

But they seem to feel it's OK to pts animals left in their care even though they've said they'll find homes.
    Hmmmm.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    I didn't delete my post.
    Do board guides read every post?
    If not, someone must have brought it to their attention.
    Maybe you thought it was offensive?

Yeah, all those farms raising sheep to make UGGs & throwing away the meat. :rotfl:

Did you bother to read the link re peta provided earlier by hollydays?
    I did.
    It's not me making out that peta is an evil organisation.
    They seem to be doing enough actual animal cruelty themselves - despite their public face.

So peta say don't buy UGGs because it's cruel.
    They also ask you not to wear wool.:rotfl:

But they seem to feel it's OK to pts animals left in their care even though they've said they'll find homes.
    Hmmmm.

I don't report any posts. You have to be a slightly pathetic individual to report a poster on an Internet forum. As a guess I would suggest it was deleted as it offered nothing of value to the debate and was instead seen as a trolling post?

What links are you talking about? Can you repost them?

I've had a few minor issues with hollydays in the past where they have accused me of stalking them and it always seems to get personal so I keep them on ignore these days as I don't like to cause an argument :)

On your points about farming sheep. They use the whole animal obviously but if the sheepskin is more valuable than he actual meat then which is the sheep being reared for? The meat or the skin?

You've already said you've wear uggs so obviously you're not an unbiased person ;)
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I can't post the links right now but one says sheepskin is a by-product of meat production.

The other is from the Huffington Post about Peta shelters.

Yes, I do wear UGGs.
    I asked earlier if you wore/used leather shoes, belts, bags, wallets, coats, gloves, briefcases etc but you don't seem to want to answer.
    That's no different to using sheepskin to make rugs, coats, gloves, boots etc.

I'm not sure why you've chosen to make a warning -posted on the appropriate board - about a possible fake UGG website into a crusade against what one organisation calls animal cruelty.
    It's a pity you have blocked hollydays' posts, the link trashing the Peta article was illuminating.
    As was the article detailing treatment by Peta towards stray pets.

It's not really worth continuing a discussion with someone who has another poster on ignore & is blindly posting without reading any relevant links.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    It's not really worth continuing a discussion with someone who has another poster on ignore & is blindly posting without reading any relevant links.

Fair enough let's call it a day then. It's a shame as I think we could have had a robust discussion about this subject. If you're not able to debate a point without another posters help then there isn't much else we can do ;)
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    I can't post the links right now but one says sheepskin is a by-product of meat production.

The other is from the Huffington Post about Peta shelters.

Yes, I do wear UGGs.
    I asked earlier if you wore/used leather shoes, belts, bags, wallets, coats, gloves, briefcases etc but you don't seem to want to answer.
    That's no different to using sheepskin to make rugs, coats, gloves, boots etc.

I'm not sure why you've chosen to make a warning -posted on the appropriate board - about a possible fake UGG website into a crusade against what one organisation calls animal cruelty.
    It's a pity you have blocked hollydays' posts, the link trashing the Peta article was illuminating.
    As was the article detailing treatment by Peta towards stray pets.

PETA also have a large room-sized freezer in their Virginia HQ that cost them about US$13,000 back in the 1990's.

What's this thing for? Well, one expert told Penn & Teller's TV show team that it's the right size to hold a large number of animal corpses.

There are also admissions from Ingrid Newkirk, President of PETA, that they when people call them and ask them to help rehome animals, the animals get killed in the PETA van outside the house.

The Vice President of PETA, Mary Beth Sweetman, is a staunch animal rights supporter - but she takes advantage of insulin for her diabetes: insulin therapy was developed with the help of animal testing.

PETA also paid for the defence lawyer for Rodney Corrado (unsure of the spelling), a convicted arsonist.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Mothballswallet
    Why are you trying to make Peta out to be an evil organisation? :rotfl:

FTR, UGG state on their website that they don't use sheepskin unless it's a by product of meat.

So all this "you shouldn't wear UGGs because it's cruel" and "you don't need to kill animals to keep your feet warm" silliness is clearly just an attempt to derail a useful thread for some reason.

But thanks to jreacher1 for bringing Peta into the discussion, I (and hollydays) have certainly learned a few things about that organisation.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    PETA also have a large room-sized freezer in their Virginia HQ that cost them about US$13,000 back in the 1990's.

What's this thing for? Well, one expert told Penn & Teller's TV show team that it's the right size to hold a large number of animal corpses.

There are also admissions from Ingrid Newkirk, President of PETA, that they when people call them and ask them to help rehome animals, the animals get killed in the PETA van outside the house.

The Vice President of PETA, Mary Beth Sweetman, is a staunch animal rights supporter - but she takes advantage of insulin for her diabetes: insulin therapy was developed with the help of animal testing.

PETA also paid for the defence lawyer for Rodney Corrado (unsure of the spelling), a convicted arsonist.

Its very interesting how certain posters on here are trying to make out that PETA are an organisation who regularly conduct cruelty towards animals. I find this behavior slightly sick and I would question the motivations of such posters.

Obviously any animal charity will have to on occasion euthanize animals and PETA admit this

http://www.peta.org/blog/euthanize/

Any organisation that stands up for animal rights will always be vulnerable to a smear campaign from organisations or people that have a vested interest in products created at the expense of other living things e.g. people who like to wear UGGS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport