I Want To Be Mortgage Free!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Oh Jessy now I'm craving garlic naan - any mention of indian takeaway is enough for me to want it desperately :rotfl: I will hold out until next Monday :o

Excellent news on the OPs this month though, it's really impressive how disciplined you are with it - I'll have to get some pointers for next year :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi kirstypoos! Sorry and I know you're trying to be good like me! No more naughty food talk! Lol!

Thanks we're hoping to move so the sooner we pay off this the more of a deposit we have for our next house! I will help you as much as I can!

How you feeling today? X
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    OH and I have decided we will share on indian next Monday so as long as I know there is a reward for being good I should be ok :rotfl:

I feel ok today, not great but not terrible so definitely an improvement. I'm going to try doing my yoga in the morning before work rather than the evening so I can chill out a bit more before I head to the stressful office!

Are you a rightmove lurker if you're planning a move eventually?

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Yeah if you know ones coming that helps your willpower! I'm trying to last until Sunday because I have a birthday party Saturday and I want to look slim in my dress! Lol!

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Yeah I know what you mean, I like the walk in the morning with the dogs cos it sets me up for the rest of the day!

Yeah I love rightmove! I look at houses round where we would be looking to move so I have an idea of cost but then I like to look where I would love to live in Devon, where my mum lives incase we need to move near her and then I like to look at mansions for incase I win the postcode lottery! Lol! X
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on resisting the takeaway :T we used to succumb a lot when I was working full time, but now batch cooking is our saviour as we always have a homemade "ready meal" in the freezer to defrost and heat through.

Have a lovely evening x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Hi ATB! Thanks! They are hard to resist and like you we used to eat more when I was working aswell so we have been better but we do have the odd month when we're really naughty! I wish I was as disciplined and organised as you with the batch cooking! I think I use being a veggie and DH being a meat eater as an excuse not to do more of it! Must try harder!!

Have a lovely evening too! x
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Well last night was the night of my friend's 40th birthday and the whole day was a disaster!

To start off DH woke up with a bad back, he has had back problems for years now so I know when he has a bad day that he is in alot of pain. Then we got a phone call from his mum to say his gran had passed away in her sleep in the early hours of Saturday morning. Obviously we were both really upset by this news. his gran was a lovely lady and will be dearly missed. DH decided he didn't want to come the party anymore which was completely understandable but I wanted to still go as she's my best friend, it's her 40th and I've been looking foward to it for months.
    DH dropped me off at the venue so I could finish helping setting up and it saved me money getting a taxi. The night was great but I felt awful leaving DH on his own so ended up coming home at 11, couldn't get a taxi so DH came and picked me up so I saved money again not getting a one.
    Now the thing that topped it off was when I checked my purse there was £20 missing!! I'm not a big drinker so tend to stick to lemonade when I'm out and I only broke a £10 note and came back with change from that but when I checked the other notes I had taken (I took abit expecting to pay for taxis and be out longer than I was) there was a £20 note missing. This means its either fallen out when I got my £10 note out and I didn't notice or more likely, someone has stolen it! :mad: I'm mad at myself because this has never happened to me before, I am always very careful to keep my purse on me at all times and not put it down anywhere but I did last night!! DH says it's not my fault because you wouldn't expect money to get taken from your purse when you're in a private function room with people that are friends and family of your best friend!! I know he's right but it's just so bloody annoying! I guess it's a lesson learnt.

Anyway sorry to ramble on but I needed to vent and I don't think I can tell my friend about the money because I don't want to upset her.

Me and DH have decided to have a pizza hut for lunch as we haven't had a takeaway for two weeks and I think we deserve it!!

Have a lovely Sunday!
    Jess x
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    So sorry to hear about DHs gran, awful news - thinking of you.

How awful about the money though Jessy, I'm not surprised you need to rant after that - it's an upsetting thing to happen when you know that if it was stolen it's by someone close to your best friend. I don't understand how some people feel entitled to others possessions :mad:
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks kirstypoos, she had been poorly but we were under the impression that she was on the mend so it was a shock to get the news. :(

I know I don't understand how people can steal either, I feel guilty picking a penny up off the street! Lol! Like I say it's a lesson learnt that I will not be forgetting in a hurry! I hope anyone that reads this will take it on board too. It is a shame when you start to feel like you can't trust anyone but unfortunately that's the world we live in.
    Anyway onwards and upwards, things can only get better!!! X
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,911 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your DH's gran and the £20 loss :(

Hope this week is better x
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure