TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What is the iweb portfolio/web interface like? I really like the TDW/II interface and wish i didnt have to consider moving. Also is the II new charching structure per account so that if you have a trading account and an ISA you will pay 2 x £22 per quarter?

Its amazing that II want to charge me something when TD didnt charge me anything unless i traded and IG will give me £250 to come to them..

I use both IWeb and Hargreaves Lansdown (for my small SIPP;)) and don't have any experience of any other platform.

The IWeb interface is basic, no bells and whistles but works fine for me. Be aware though that they don't offer everything. I enquired about L&G Multi Index funds some time ago and was told they don't offer them because they are not UCITS compliant.
  • capital0ne
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I use both IWeb and Hargreaves Lansdown (for my small SIPP;)) and don't have any experience of any other platform.

The IWeb interface is basic, no bells and whistles but works fine for me. Be aware though that they don't offer everything. I enquired about L&G Multi Index funds some time ago and was told they don't offer them because they are not UCITS compliant.
    You can see what iWeb offer on their web site, check that out before squandering your £25 to open an account
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    First time in about four years I haven't seen a dividend appear in the account on time as scheduled and expected, well done II. Are they still gaming clients dividend payouts?

It was the main reason I ditched them years ago and it just reinforces my choice to get away from them again now.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    First time in about four years I haven't seen a dividend appear in the account on time as scheduled and expected, well done II. Are they still gaming clients dividend payouts?
    Is this in a TD account which has now been re branded as II?

My October dividends arrived in my TD account on time this month and I have extracted the payment on 1st November as normal.

My transfer out to HL has started and is shown as in progress in the TD account.

Seem ok at present.
  • JohnRo
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »
    Is this in a TD account which has now been re branded as II?

Yes it is, I made a stupid mistake and mixed up some dates. I shouldn't have posted.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Transfers initialised. I am really sorry to leave his platform. TDW have done an excellent job for me for years and its a great shame they have sold out. I am not prepared to pay a platform charge of £88 pa when other companies will pay ME to come to them and i can decide when and how to deal and take charges.

PS for those whos accounts have already been transferred ,do the TDW accounts automatically close or do they remain accessible with zero holdings? I'm just thinking of the data held i.e contract notes etc..
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I got an email from TD/II as part of my transfer informing me that I would need to request closure of the account when the transfer, it wouldn't be automatic.

I hope that will be true but have saved all the contract note, tax certificates etc.
  • JohnRo
    Options
    I am really sorry to leave his platform.

Likewise, I was told they would have closed the account automatically when I phoned them to make sure that would be the case.

It's probably worth a phone call to be sure before the December deadline.
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    im not sure why so many are deciding to leave? the charges are a good thing for me and i would expect a good thing for most? yes there is an annual fee now but that can be offset by trading costs. also more crucially there is no platform fee for holding funds so my costs will go down a lot.

or am i missing something?
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plenty folk don't trade and many TD customers would've been paying no custody fees at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure