TSB rate dropping

Options

Comments

• undetterred
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Why ?
    I have my husband's permission and after 44 years we only have separate accounts for savings (and originally, taxation) purposes, with all income initially going to a joint account.
    He prefers me to deal with how our money is distributed, as he says I'm 'the mathematician', but we don't consider our income and possessions as 'his and hers' , but 'ours'.

Security issue?? The account gets hacked and drained,the bank ask your hubby does anyone else have access to said passwords??
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Security issue?? The account gets hacked and drained,the bank ask your hubby does anyone else have access to said passwords??

And the obvious answer to the bank is???
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    And the obvious answer to the bank is???

Only the boss.
  • pauljoecoe
    Options
    I too am getting fed up of trying to find places to put my money. We (wife and me) have 6 TSB accounts between us. That's 12K. I'll keep going with what they allow but that could be a lot of dosh to find somewhere for. I already have Lloyds and Tesco. Scrapped the Santander when they changed their terms.

Think I might go by a classic car.
  • pauljoecoe
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I doubt teddysmum will be alone in this respect.

I run all my wife's 'savings' accounts and cashback/interest free credit cards. She can't be bothered with the hassle but appreciates the interest/cashback.

Please don't tell anyone though. Just between us on here :)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pauljoecoe wrote: »

Think I might go by a classic car.

We have ( or rather my husband has) 6 and 2 motorbikes, but I'm not convinced that they are worth much (They were bought years ago, either new or at a good price). You have to buy the real rarities, most of which have already been snatched , to make your fortune.
  • zebedy
    zebedy Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    Gutted about the rate cut but not that surprised. Worth hanging onto until it kicks in and then evaluating if it is still competitive. I have a horrible feeling it will be
    MS Stalwart. Used site for >10 years :j

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing
  • guitarman001
    Options
    I wasn't aware of this :(
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:46AM
    Options
    if they decide to move one of my 2 and oh's 2 to enhance, they need not open a new one, we have several empty ones just sitting there.
    As I keep quite a lot of spare cash, flexi, I used to use Tesco IS @ 1.5%, but, that's Kaput, so, will probably still retain all my TSB a/cs until I find another home, probably Fixed rate,,as the hard work of setting them up is already done, and just ticking over.
    got every other a/c on the market, nowhere else to go.
    I reckon they have cut so deep because they expect Carney to cut rate again in November?
    hobsons choice,innit:)
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i don't expect a further cut..:think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income