TV Licensing.

Options
124»

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a sucker for getting ripped off ... I've paid it by DD for years. I'm feeling really worried now!!!

That's sarcasm, by the way. ;)
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for getting ripped off ... I've paid it by DD for years. I'm feeling really worried now!!!

OHHHHH!

Do you mean to say that the non manager you have never spoken to hasn't emptied your bank account and hasn't made you bankrupt?
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options

If you're anything like me, then you'll also have seen them EMPTY your BANK ACCOUNT. In my case, many times. It's like they know when I've got some money in there and COME ALONG and EMPTY IT.

Or alternatively, every 3 months they take around £38 or so by direct debit.
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    LABMAN wrote: »
    Where??? Any links? Or are you making it up again?
    I don't think other people hear the things that the OP hears ;)
  • JJG
    JJG Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options

I did have someone else set up a Direct Debit to pay their TV license on my account. And despite them confirming that they had two direct debits for two separate addresses coming from my bank account they refused to do anything about the second unknown address due "Data Protection".

Straight onto the bank and got the payments refunded.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    Options
    JJG wrote: »
    I did have someone else set up a Direct Debit to pay their TV license on my account. And despite them confirming that they had two direct debits for two separate addresses coming from my bank account they refused to do anything about the second unknown address due "Data Protection".

Straight onto the bank and got the payments refunded.

Did they empty your account? If not can i have your bank details to see how far i get with it? :)

Can i book a last minute cruise with your details? Whats likely to happen i get a free cruise and a slap on the wrist when i get back or will they throw me overboard?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Whilst I am one of TV Licensing's biggest critics, I tend to the opinion that by messing TVL around like this, he is actually creating more opportunities for them to fail to provide good service to him, not fewer.

OP, if I were you, I would chuck in the Licence and watch only commercial catch-up TV, Netflix, Amazon, etc. That's what I do. Having made an official complaint, I now no longer receive their threatening letters. It's a winning solution...
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having re-read a few of the OPs posts I don't think it's a wind up. Unfortunately he is showing serious signs of paranoia and other cognitive issues and should seek some help from a mental health professional.

When someone has these entrenched delusions about direct debits etc. it's pointless telling them they are safe.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »

OP, if I were you, I would chuck in the Licence and watch only commercial catch-up TV, Netflix, Amazon, etc. That's what I do. Having made an official complaint, I now no longer receive their threatening letters. It's a winning solution...

In an effort to lighten this thread. I would suggest that if the OP does this, they should opt to purchase somewhere other than Amazon. :o
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    This is far from being a new problem for the OP and has been on going for at least 4 years.

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php?topic=5991.0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport