TV Licensing.

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The bottom line is actually you've been afforded a "local agreement" to pay which now looks like it has expired. Therefore like the rest of the licence payers you need to find one of their methods which is most suitable. They offer several.
  • thetriggerhappypwner
    Options
    I just don't deal with those front line staff. They annoy me to no end and treat me as though I am stupid. They have told me I "owe them money" incorrectly on multiple occasions, and I am not risking a fraud on my bank details because they take money from people for propaganda and criminal activities. I only pay it to avoid court and "£1,000 fine" which I am of the view is designed to bully and intimidate the consumer in to paying. I am sure that the government investigated this a year or two back, but they were not made to change the wording of thier letters despite them being borderline intimidating and threatening in nature. When you receive more than one, it is my view that it crosses said border and becomes intimidating and threatening. It has been a long time since I have received any as I have been paying and the said manager I deal with has stopped any letters being sent to me in future, as I consider them to be just that, threatening and bullying.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably just as well that most people don't seek to use this payment method. The idea that a manager should spend time on doing this each month is truly absurd. Perhaps said manager has only just realised this.
    There have been 20 or so posts suggesting other ways to deal with this. I have to say I pay once per year, online and by debit card. I haven't had any problem with this except for the lack of nectar points.
  • thetriggerhappypwner
    Options
    The way I am spoken to by them makes me feel bullied and intimidated. This is why I deal only with managers. It's not absurd, its a preference. If you don't understand it, don't bother replying to this thread again.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How would you, or anyone else, know that the person they are speaking to on the telephone is a manager? You only have their word for it - they might in fact be the office cleaner.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The way I am spoken to by them makes me feel bullied and intimidated. This is why I deal only with managers. It's not absurd, its a preference. If you don't understand it, don't bother replying to this thread again.

I for one don't understand it - your username rang a bell and so far you have issues with Vodafone, Amazon, Hastings Direct, Dell, TVL, Royal Mail etc etc

Have you ever considered that maybe the issue is you and you may have to adjust your expectations &/or attitude ?
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 October 2016 at 4:31PM
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    I for one don't understand it - your username rang a bell and so far you have issues with Vodafone, Amazon, Hastings Direct, Dell, TVL, Royal Mail etc etc

Have you ever considered that maybe the issue is you and you may have to adjust your expectations &/or attitude ?

Agree totally, either the OPs posts are a wind up or there is a serious lack of self awareness in terms of the effect the OP has on folks when he speaks to them demonstrated clearly by the tone of the posts. I mean quoting Data Protection and the Human Rights Act when asked for your name what's that all about?

My money is on a wind up - which is mildly amusing. If its for real then I'd bet that tapes of the phone calls get played on a regular basis at the call centres for the "mere" front line staff to laugh at.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    Options
    I have heard that they have emptied peoples bank accounts in the past via this method.

@theonlywayisup... I understand what you are saying here, I have a tendency to lose receipts all the time, if i lost a TVL payment one, how would I prove I paid it if they mess up and say I have not paid? This is the reason I do it on my debit card with a manager so my bank will hold the record for me. It cant go missing then, not for at least 6 years anyway.

Where??? Any links? Or are you making it up again?
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LABMAN wrote: »
    Where??? Any links? Or are you making it up again?

Think what the OP means is that he heard of someone who had a balance of £15 in their bank account which was taken by a DD of £15 leaving the account empty.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    Options
    I've paid the licence fee for going on 45 years...I've never had to speak to ANYONE ever to do so. Why would you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure