Issues at work

Options

Comments

• Topcat1982
    Topcat1982 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    She lives with me, but she is only staying for a short time and getting her own flat. When she leaves I don't see why I have to include her on the form? We're together though. She isn't claiming any benefit. If you are in a relationship with a child and there not living together it shouldn't have to be included on the form.

Really thinking of jacking this job in and going for my self-employed work only, I can declare what I earn on JSA. I won't get universal credit at the moment.

How about tax credits?

You have to make a joint claim. When she leaves you'll make a single claim. It might be worth just waiting until she leaves.

This is not optional it's fraud if you lie about your gf living there
  • applepicker
    Options
    Well no hrs next week and I was off this week on holiday so might as well fill in form to start from last Monday even if it is just for NI contribution top ups. One of the questions is are you in a civil partnership.. If you have a girlfriend does that mean that?
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    When single and your child doesn't live with you, you'll need to work at least 30hrs per week to claim WTC.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Civil partnership is a legal status if you have a same sex partner. It was the precurser to gay marriage.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • applepicker
    Options
    Apparently, looking after a child for just one night needs to be mentioned, why? Thought it was just if you were the primary carer. What kind of interrogation questions will this lead onto if you answer yes?
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Replying to your original post - would my girlfriend know ?

Honesty is fundamental in a relationship - yours seems doomed if you are not prepared to discuss such things with your girlfriend.

Not everyone wants to discuss their personal finances with their girlfriend - I have always been a believer in totally separate finances unless you are planning on marriage.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    boliston wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to discuss their personal finances with their girlfriend - I have always been a believer in totally separate finances unless you are planning on marriage.

i can agree to a point ... keep them separate AFTER marriage too!! :D
  • applepicker
    Options
    will saying I look after my child one night a week affect me getting any benefit? I am not the primary carer.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just as an aside... if you are going to claim means tested benefits you will need to declare your GF on the claim as her earnings would be taken into the assessmebnt
  • applepicker
    Options
    Is the workbased pension classed as private or work pension?

You know, the we're all in government pension thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure