TalkTalk new prices

Options
I have 2 months left on my TT contract, following today's news, I asked an agent if I am now free to to leave penalty free as TT will be effectively increasing my monthly payment by £6, here is the answer a clip from online chat.... I didn't quite believe his suggestion :(
_______________________-

my average bill is £20 with calls the new price plan will take me to over £22
at 16:54, Oct 3:
(before any calls)

Akash
at 16:55, Oct 3:
After adding the new price of simply broadband package and line rental your bill will be £27.95 excluding call charges after 2 months.

at 16:56, Oct 3:
so your increasing my bills by about £7 thats a big increase and as far as I can see your breaking my contract

Akash
at 17:00, Oct 3:
I would suggest you to upgrade your package with Fast broadband at a price of £22.95 for 18 months. You will get a Essential SIM in which you will get 200 minutes free calls, 500 MB data and unlimited text so it will save your call charges every month.

Comments

• Sam_Fallow
    Sam_Fallow Posts: 923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a similar unbelievable response from a couple of years ago.

I complained that my TT YouView box would not come out of stand-by without turning it on/off.

Their remedy was to 'leave it active all the time' and stop it from going into stand-by.

I'm expecting my switch to complete in the next few days.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They have also removed upfront rental saver and the gift voucher.

The online person I spoke to said the increase was made up for by guaranteeing the price for 18 months and I pointed out that others are doing the same.

I was going to use them as bargaining power with Sky, but that has put the hat on my idea.

Price increases don't break your contract unless they are over the stated amount for letting you leave penalty freeand don't do this.
  • Michael74
    Michael74 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So before calls my bill is £17.50, at my next bill its now going to increase to £22.95 (before calls), I can't believe that they think that its ok and keep me to my contract until December.
  • Michael74
    Options
    From the Guardian: "The company said existing customers on better “deals” can keep those discounted prices until they expire."

Thats not what the TalkTalk agent said to me tonight: "I would like to inform you that you will see the price increase in your next bill and there will be no change in your contract period. If you want to change your package or renew your contract you can do it whenever you want."

I can't reduce my package, I am paying the minimum possible.

Am I missing something?
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2016 at 8:38PM
    Options
    Michael74 wrote: »
    So before calls my bill is £17.50, at my next bill its now going to increase to £22.95 (before calls), I can't believe that they think that its ok and keep me to my contract until December.

You normally would be allowed to terminate contract once they have informed you in writing TT are probaly just ignoring your question hopeing your go away or take a longer contract.

All Landline, Mobile. and Broadband suppliers have to give you 30 days to leave without penalty if they increase your fixed contract prices from late Jan 2014.

See :http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/protection-for-consumers-against-mid-contract-price-rises/

However some Mobile Companies got around it by introducing a RPI clause in new contracts. Which allows them to increase costs by the rise of the Retail Price Index each year. To get out of these type of contracts is difficult, you normally have to prove the changes places you at a significant disadvantage.
  • Michael74
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really have £5.00 per month spare.
  • Michael74
    Options
    Well after a very long online chat where I was offered my current package for 22.50 on an 18 month contract with a whizzy router that fixes itself (obviously I said no as its was still a price increase) i was then offered it for 18.50 (amazing what they can do isn't it) I still said no as I didnt want the 18 month contract and I have signed up for the Sky offer via this site and looking forward to my £100 pre pay mastercard.... a no brainer really
  • Oldharryrocks_2
    Options
    Michael74 wrote: »
    Well after a very long online chat where I was offered my current package for 22.50 on an 18 month contract with a whizzy router that fixes itself (obviously I said no as its was still a price increase) i was then offered it for 18.50 (amazing what they can do isn't it) I still said no as I didnt want the 18 month contract and I have signed up for the Sky offer via this site and looking forward to my £100 pre pay mastercard.... a no brainer really
    Are you now saying that Talk Talk have allowed you to leave your contract earlly after all.? Which they couldnt have stopped as explained by Bill Savings
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A couple of interesting points here http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/10/03/new-talktalk-pricing-structure-reward-loyalty/

'TalkTalk is scrapping separate line rental charges and moving to a single combined monthly price'

That is good. Line rental is usually a hidden charge that ISP's have increased every year way beyond inflation.

'A study by TalkTalk found an unsurprising 84% of consumers thought they were punished for their loyalty'

It's only customers who do not negotiate that are punished. I have read of unbelievable deals with TalkTalk...and not just one or two. Are the good deals going to stop now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure