My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You phoned your well sister at 10pm on a Sunday night? She probably thought it would be someone calling for an emergency. She may have thought that something terrible had happened to poorly sister.

A conversation this late would not be achieving anything at such a stressful time for everybody.

Please stop thinking and worrying, try to get some rest, go and register with a GP and get some help and some rest.

All will be well eventually.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2016 at 3:54AM
    elsien wrote: »
    It has now all gone wrong and I now face could face the prospect of not getting my money. No you are not facing the prospect of not getting your money

If my sister does not get well and my sister refuses to go to the Court Of Protection. Or even if my sisters does and the Court Of protection does grant all right to the account to my sister.

Barclays Bank might still not let my sister have control of the account even though the Court Has Ordered it. Why on earth not?
    And if that is the case then I have going to have a terrible time trying to get my inheritance. No you are not. You need to be patient instead of focussing on all the things that are not going to happen,
    And I could loose my fight and not get it at all.
    Yes you will. But you are going to have to wait.

And how am I supposed to live with knowing that mu has lefts me 118k and knowing I can never claim it? Because that is not the situation and you are going to be able to claim it. Just not immediately.

But now it has happened to me and I am devastated and I don't know what to do......
    And to have it taken away from me like that. You have been repeatedly told what to do, by everyone on here and by the solicitor you have consulted. There is nothing more anyone can do or say because you aren't able to hear it at the moment.

Please think about finding a new GP - the MH team may now in a position to help, or there might be other options such as CBT if you've not tried that before which might help you deal with some of the circular thought patterns a little more.
    How many times do you have to be told that your belief that Barclays are at fault or that they would not obey the court if the matter should end up there is wrong? Sorry but it is complete nonsense. Many people have given you good advice on here as well as your solicitor. Sadly you have chosen to ignore them all. If you will not get medical help then I am afraid we might as well all stop replying to you. This would be very sad as there has been considerable goodwill on here to try and help you but in the end you have to help yourself.
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The more I'm reading this and seeing that the OP won't listen the more I'm starting to hope that the solicitors bill swallows up all the cash.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Ann, I've read all of your threads and feel so sorry that you are having to go through this stressful situation on your own.

You need emotional support from an CMHT Social Worker, yes?

You have no Keyworker or Psychiatrist?

Ok, for 2 years you've been without this support, you haven't been fully re-assessed in that time to see if you are in need now.

If you go to a GP and sign up to them and get an appointment the GP can then refer you to their services. You will be seem and re-assessed.

Have you tried Mind, they also have support staff who could attend appointments with you and give you emotional support.

By the time you have this sorted out, who knows what movement may have taken place with the Executors. It could be sorted out by then.

Barclays will release your money as soon as the executors are in place.

Nobody is going to stop you from having that money, it's all yours but we just need to wait to see how your ill sister is and whether another executor is needed.

Please Ann, I'll help if I can but first you must go get registered at the health centre and get that appointment made about your stress and anxiety. Until you do that it's going to be very difficult indeed to cope with the next steps of your plan for moving.

Wishing you all the best wishes.

Oh, why not email your sister and tell her you are getting a new GP and why. Ask how your sick sister is, but please don't worry her about the account. There is no need, all will be well in the end xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Ann,
    try and put yourself in your sisters shoes,
    she lost her mum,lost her home,had all the stress of dealing with your mums estate,
    now your sister is ill also and she has to deal with that at the same time as trying to deal with your obsessing about you want your money and you want it now.
    You had a great opportunity to reconcile with your sister and build some sort of a relationship with her bur at no time have you shown the slightest bit of interest or sympathy for anyone else.
    You will get your money in time so instead of sitting brooding about how hard done by you are,be constructive, get a notepad and write
    down your plans for what you want to do when you recieve your money.
    Instead of chatting to random people in launderettes ,go and register with the gp,you presume that they will not be helpful, how do you know if you wont even try?.
    At the moment you are just going round in circles and nothing you do or say can change the legal process but unless you get yourself some support you are going to make yourself ill and will not be able to enjoy the choices your mums inheritance has given you.
  • Caroline_a wrote: »
    Another one here who thinks you should stand back and take stock. Your sister is ill, your other sister must be worried about her, so to pester them and threaten court action is just cruel. You will get your money, maybe not this week, maybe not this month, but it will come eventually. Until then you, as others have said, have somewhere to live and have your benefits to keep you fed and pay your bills.

You have had lots of good advice on here, but have for the most part chosen to ignore it. You will eventually be getting a sum of money that most people will never ever see, or have any hope of seeing. Have some compassion for your sisters, maybe offer help and visit your sick sister in hospital. You could end up building bridges which in my opinion are more valuable than any sum of money.
    This sums the situtation up perfectly but I fear you will not listen to this great advice,you have no reason to think that your sisters want to keep your money but you have built up this fight in your mind and I fear nothing will change your mind.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe I'm being cruel.....but does anyone else start to smell "wind up" in this thread??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Barclays Bank might still not let my sister have control of the account even though the Court Has Ordered it. Why on earth not?
    And if that is the case then I have going to have a terrible time trying to get my inheritance.
    No you are not. You need to be patient instead of focussing on all the things that are not going to happen,
    And I could loose my fight and not get it at all.

Yes you will. But you are going to have to wait.

My Solicitor told me the same thing.That it's not going to come to that I won't get my money.

So from what I have been told here and by my Solicitor, it seems very unlikely that I won't get my money at all.

I think worst way I will get my inheritance but I it may take a long time.

If my Solicitor has to take my sisters to Court. Or if we have to go to court because my sister does not get well and is not doing her executors duty to see that I get paid my money.

Then it could take several months or even longer such as a year to get sorted out.

But i will get my money in the end but I may have to wait for it and I don't know how long it is all going to take if we do have to go to court.

That is what is so stressful.
    But if I do have to wait months or even a year or longer there is nothing I can do about it.
    But I hope I don't have to.
    Ann, I've read all of your threads and feel so sorry that you are having to go through this stressful situation on your own.

You need emotional support from an CMHT Social Worker, yes?

You have no Keyworker or Psychiatrist?

Ok, for 2 years you've been without this support, you haven't been fully re-assessed in that time to see if you are in need now.

If you go to a GP and sign up to them and get an appointment the GP can then refer you to their services. You will be seem and re-assessed.

Yes I think I should have someone from the CMHT a regular keyworker.
    But my old GP has refereed me back to the CMHT twice each time I was re-assessed and they said I don't meet the criteria for their services because I am not ill enough.
    Even though my old GP did refer me again last year but then they would not even see me.

They won't even give me a psychiatrist.
    So I have only go the GP which I don't think is enough support.
    I told the CMHT that but they won't listen to me.

As I told you I have tried going to a Mental Health solicitor who also told them I needed support.
    But my CMHT still would not take me back.
    So what can I do?

Yes I need to get myself a GP. I understand why I don't want to because I have had bad experiences with some GP's in the past.

But as it stands now-I have not got my inheritance, and I am still on benefits.
    The inheritance problem could take a long time to sort out, possible several months or maybe even longer.
    And I cannot be without a GP for months and months.

I am on benefits and if the DWP write to me to ask for a Medical certificate from the GP or review my benefits.
    Then I will need to have a GP for that.
    Also if I want to use any of the services I will have to be refereed by my GP.
    So I have got to get a GP and I cannot keep putting it off forever.
    As someone else here put it, even if I do have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, at least I will be registered with a GP.
    2 weeks wait is not that long for a non urgent appointment.
    You phoned your well sister at 10pm on a Sunday night? She probably thought it would be someone calling for an emergency. She may have thought that something terrible had happened to poorly sister.
    9.15 in the evening actually.
    I don't have a good relation ship with my sisters.
    There is the possibility that my sisters might with hold my money from me.
    If that happens my Solicitor says he will take my sisters to court.
  • annbarbs wrote: »
    Also if I want to use any of the services I will have to be refereed by my GP.
    So I have got to get a GP and I cannot keep putting it off forever.
    What are you doing this afternoon?
    Why not go to one of the GP's who are taking on patients, and get yourself registered today? Then it's done, it's out of the way and one less thing to worry about.
    Once your registered you can make an appointment to discuss what on-going help you need.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    annbarbs wrote: »

If that happens my Solicitor says he will take my sisters to court.

And if this happens it's very unlikely that you'll get any money as the legal fees will probably run into the 10s of thousands.

Have you asked your solicitor what his bill currently stands at?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure