MSE Cheap Energy Club

HI - I did the switch on Electricity and Gas via your MSE Cheap Energy Club last week and have received and email from my supplier British Gas saying that I've moved home and I need to re-register for monthly billing?

What do I do now!!??

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Pyrolator wrote: »
    HI - I did the switch on Electricity and Gas via your MSE Cheap Energy Club last week and have received and email from my supplier British Gas saying that I've moved home and I need to re-register for monthly billing?

What do I do now!!??

Probably should be on the Energy board.
    This sub board is for LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels which the CEC doesn't cover.

Anyway, perhaps, and this is just speculation, but you may need to
    re-register for monthly billing??? :cool:
  • sstjc
    sstjc Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WARNING - People need to be aware of this - There is something Cheap Energy Club don't tell you when your switching. I'm afraid for many it is neither quick or easy - Many of us have our gas supplied by an IGT (Independant Gas Transporter). You won't become aware of this until to try to switch. Equally when I used Cheap Energy Club to change from British Gas to Ovo neither Ovo or Cheap Energy Club told me this. An IGT can take 14 weeks to change and while that is happening you won't be billed for your gas so when the change does happen, which in my case took exactly 14 weeks you suddenly get a demand for 3 months gas which won't previously be calculated into your direct debit. After weeks of waiting it took me many phone calls and emails before I could get the answer as to why nothing was happening with my gas account. Its all very well for MSE to claim that switching is quick and easy but they are not telling you the truth. Many people change because they are on a tight budget and to not know that you will not be billed and then suddenly get a demand for 3 months gas can be crippling..... I don't here Martin Lewis or MSE shouting about that ! :(:mad::(
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure